You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

How is this a loss????

48 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles

Just had a game. Standard battle. At the end it was me in my Montana vs the enemy Montana. Fighting in the red cap. WE are up on points. It ends up with the 2 of us ramming and both dying. It was called a defeat? At worst it should have been a draw. How is this a loss?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

wasn't there and your info is incomplete without more info this question is unanswerable 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
9 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

wasn't there and your info is incomplete without more info this question is unanswerable 

???

Standard battle

In enemy base fighting

Green team up on points (my team)

Montana vs. Montana

I actually had more HP when it rammed into me

BOTH of us died (I got credit for the Monty's death)

Should have been draw at worst or win for us not a defeat

I didn't want to risk a ram but I was talked into not worrying about it that we would win so got too close I guess. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
9 minutes ago, Stampz said:

A Draw counts as a loss for both sides.

But it is called a Draw not a defeat? I have ahd them come up called a Draw. Why not this time?

Just confused and pissed at myself for not staying further off. Still shouldn't be a loss IMO with us up on points and me inside their cap.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

All we have is your word of mouth. Screenshots and a replay would help a long way in figuring out what happened.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

the underdog was awarded the victory is the only answer I can muster... your team had the points and  you had the hit points advantage the only way I see it is the only choice to end the hostilities was to destroy you either with shells or the Hull and he might have had the ramming flag awarding him the point spread difference.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
22 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

All we have is your word of mouth. Screenshots and a replay would help a long way in figuring out what happened.

Why do people always do this. I gave you the exact facts of how the game ended. Why can't you just answer based on how described or simply say I don't know. Why would I lie about this?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[HINON]
Supertester
3,924 posts
5,203 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Why do people always do this. I gave you the exact facts of how the game ended. Why can't you just answer based on how described or simply say I don't know. Why would I lie about this?

Because you could easily be missing something very crucial.

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,961 battles
2 minutes ago, Nuk_ said:

Because you could easily be missing something very crucial.

Which honestly sounds like the case.

[SALVO]
Members
17,069 posts
17,716 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Thunder, this is standard policy on the forums.  Don't bother fighting it.  No one cares whether you're telling the truth or lying.  The default position is that without proof, i.e. screen shots or a replay, you won't be believed. 

That said, without being able to see the screen shots of the final screens, there's nothing to try to decipher as to why you lost.  You can be telling the absolute truth, but without hard data, no one can help you.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
947 posts
10,405 battles
40 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I didn't want to risk a ram but I was talked into not worrying about it that we would win so got too close I guess. 

That seems to be the source of your problem, you let potatoes talk you into doing something stupid. Always do the thing that will guarantee you a win.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
6 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

That seems to be the source of your problem, you let potatoes talk you into doing something stupid. Always do the thing that will guarantee you a win.

I once hid in my Yubari for almost 3 minutes because I needed not to die. Red team screaming at me, calling me a coward and I should turn and fight, MY team screaming that I was losing the match.

I hid; we won.

When I chatted with MY team after, all they had to say was I could have lost the match and I should have been more aggressive.

I said: "?"

NEVER let ANY other player tell you how to play your game!

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
21 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am not saying you are lying, you have no reason to. It's just impossible to determine what happened. At the exact point where you rammed many things might have happened. In the heat of battle, many things are lost on people.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
25,793 posts
11,097 battles

this is the 2nd time now in me being part of this playerbase that this has happen, 1st time I've seen it happen was a replay on Youtube. /o_\\

should it be fixed? maybe, happens on a very rare occasion. 

priority of it being fixed? rather low, it's not game breaking as the issues with CV currently.  

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,880 battles

How many caps did your team hold at the time? How much higher was your score? Which team had the first cap? Which point tick happened first, yours or theirs? What was the score at the time of ram for both sides? I could help if I had an answer to these.

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,642 battles

Had this happen to me once, but I was the red team capt in your example.  If you have the replay, then check it.  In my battle, the enemy team was up on points and the last enemy ship had more health.  He rammed me and I won.  Checked the replay, and while he had more health when we first encountered each other, I was able to drop his health below mine, hence the win.  Or at least that was the general consensus when I posted about it at the time.

I'm guessing that he was able to drop your health below his before the ramming.  Also, I don't know if the win would be awarded based on raw HP numbers or % of health.  In my case I had both with a same tier and class ship as mine.

[SALVO]
Members
17,069 posts
17,716 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I once hid in my Yubari for almost 3 minutes because I needed not to die. Red team screaming at me, calling me a coward and I should turn and fight, MY team screaming that I was losing the match.

I hid; we won.

When I chatted with MY team after, all they had to say was I could have lost the match and I should have been more aggressive.

I said: "?"

NEVER let ANY other player tell you how to play your game!

While I 100% agree that you did the right thing, because you clearly understood the situation better than your team mates, I can't agree with the final sentence.  There are definitely times when other players know the game better than you do.  I can't count the number of times I've seen noob BB players showing perfect broadsides to bot BB in coop.  Should they ignore my advice that they need to angle their BB's?  I'd hope not.  Sometimes the "other" player is just trying to help you get better.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
9 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I am not saying you are lying, you have no reason to. It's just impossible to determine what happened. At the exact point where you rammed many things might have happened. In the heat of battle, many things are lost on people.

I apologize for the heated response. I am still a little peeved LOL. I didn't miss anything though. Was as described above exactly. If there wasn't 10 minutes still to go in the battle I probably would never have gone into the cap and would have just run time out. 

We were the only 2 left in a standard battle. I was in the red cap. I had more HP when we collided (approx. 79K HP vs approx 50K HP). We were up in points as well (I actually glanced at the points frequently and at last check while I was in the red cap shortly before the collision we were up 70 point). I also believe with me in their cap that stops their +3 while ours continues so it should have been a wider point gap. That was just last look shortly before the game ended. Also, I saw the red ship kill badge appear when we hit and in the post battle screen shots everyone was dead on both sides and the credit for the Montana kill shows so it didn't live or anything like that.

I just don't get it? The red Monty had a bit more base XP than me as I had hung near base to defend the slot (was 2 Brothers) and didn't do as much as I could have ahd I left the base like EVERYONE else LOL. Maybe that was it?

In the end it is just a game. Was just curious why it was a loss for us and not a draw when everything was in my/our favor?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
9 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

How many caps did your team hold at the time? How much higher was your score? Which team had the first cap? Which point tick happened first, yours or theirs? What was the score at the time of ram for both sides? I could help if I had an answer to these.

Was actually standard battle so just one base each and no caps. See my post above for answers to the rest. I was up in everything at time of collision?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles

Thanks guys. Didn't want to make a federal case out of it or anything. Just curious. Appreciate the time and your responses even the ones indicating I am not too smart LOL.

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,642 battles

Yeah, if you have the replay I would just double check it.  In my case I swore up and down that he had more HP than me, but the replay showed my secondaries had lit a fire and dropped his health below mine just before the ramming.  Just a thought, and I'd love to hear what you find... assuming you have the replay.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,137 battles

I'd like to see at least the screenshots. Did you lose on points, or on ships? Replay would be nice. My guess is that your death was recorded before his, and so you guys lost, even though you killed him a millisecond later. The last seconds of games often are a little wacky.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,880 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Was actually standard battle so just one base each and no caps. See my post above for answers to the rest. I was up in everything at time of collision?

I see, can't say I've tried ramming in a last man standing situation before but I've had close games which were won or lost with 1 point. When you rammed the score counters should've updated with the final numbers & become visible for a split second before the post battle results, did you happen to see it?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Sometimes the "other" player is just trying to help you get better.

Yeah, you make a good point Crucis, but most of what you get in chat is "(@#&^%$*^%&*$#@%^)", which is not always helpful.

Bottom line, if you like what the guy is saying, give it a go. Nine times out of ten you cannot do any worse, and you might do better.

If you don't like what he's saying, ignore it and wait for someone you respect to say the exact same thing.

Always and never are two words which rarely belong in any conversation.

• Cool 1