You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

All DD whining needs to end right the F now!

166 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles

I'm a BB main who lately has been switching to cruisers for a change of pace.  I noticed I still had Sims in my port from Closed Beta.  I thought, "what the hell, I'll try being a destroyer and see what they're [edited] about.  Maybe it really IS unfair and their not just being crybabies."

So I tried it.  I found being a DD harder that I thought, right?  WRONG!!!!!   Being a destroyer is the easy button!!  It was ridiculously easy to have HUGE influence on the outcome of the game as a destroyer.  Yes.  It's a short, brutal life.  But played correctly you can carry your team to victory with ease.  You're fast, you're agile, you're stealthy, you've got special powers like smoke and torps.  It's ridiculous.  Despite having virtually no destroyer experience, my win rate with the Sims is close to 70%.   If I were a better DD player I'm sure my survivability and damage numbers would be higher. . . but I focused on winning the game, not surviving, and lo and behold. . . it was easy to do.

If you're a DD player, quit your whining this instant.  DDs are fine!

I think the problem comes from people who want to play destroyers as immobile turrets.  People who want to just sit in smoke and spam HE and torps all day.  If you play a DD to win, and not as some kind of crappy damage farmer, your team will actually win. . . a lot.  If you want to live a long time, or farm damage play something else.

• Cool 6

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,082 posts
6,825 battles

tell that to the IJN DDs at high tier, they have to literally PRAY their torps hit because the spotting range for them is nearly 2km out, DDs arent just smoke layers and spotters you know

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 8

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,149 battles

I was going to comment, but this thread is headed to places I don't want to go.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,082 posts
6,825 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

I was going to comment, but this thread is headed to places I don't want to go.

its going to the Dark Side, just like Anakin did

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,082 posts
6,825 battles
Just now, Lert said:

l2EyGPv.gif

i have no clue whats happening in this gif, but  i find it amusing, take a +1 Mr. Forum Cat

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I think the problem comes from people who want to play destroyers as immobile turrets.  People who want to just sit in smoke and spam HE and torps all day.  If you play a DD to win, and not as some kind of crappy damage farmer, your team will actually win. . . a lot.  If you want to live a long time, or farm damage play something else.

So, in a nutshell, dd's should spot, smoke and provide support for other ships so they can easily farm damage get big big numbers and credits...get 11th on the xp board....but still win....Is that about it?

• Cool 7

Members
98 posts
7,628 battles

I can identify with the OP & what he has to say.  

I play DD's & discovered the Bismark in my collection I had won in some contest & took her for a spin.

I drove around islands & very seldom has to use my main battery at all!

BB's are easy mode... as it should be once reaching the top.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
5,610 battles

Well I see a large amount wrong here.

I read through thinking, "Oh, another guy going through the low-mid tiers of glory for DDs. I was pretty dead on.

You're playing DDs that don't typically see the super anti-DD radar, super RN BB and the cancers that are DM and Mino. You're in the paradise tiers.

Also, it doesn't help your case that both ships are considered extremely good ships by the upper half of the community. 

I'd love to list all the reasons why, but I'm a little bit on my phone typing this because a friend sent me the link to reply.

Superfluously, 

A member of the old DD Mafia

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,082 posts
6,825 battles
1 minute ago, KmsH44 said:

Superfluously, 

the GOOD DD Mafia

Members
3,725 posts
15,088 battles

The DD whisperer has played a couple of T7 games. Quick, gather around the campfire and soak up the knowledge that is leaking. Go on, OP, my chakras are open and lubed up.

• Cool 11

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Depends on the DD and the player really. Personally I like playing IJN ships a lot because I enjoy stealthy torp play. I find gunboat DDs extremely unfriendly to play in a no stealth fire world, but I also fully admit I haven't invested time into learning to play gunboat DDs since they removed stealth fire either. 

Edited by TTK_Aegis

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,410 posts
3,583 battles
15 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I'm a BB main who lately has been switching to cruisers for a change of pace.  I noticed I still had Sims in my port from Closed Beta.  I thought, "what the hell, I'll try being a destroyer and see what they're [edited] about.  Maybe it really IS unfair and their not just being crybabies."

So I tried it.  I found being a DD harder that I thought, right?  WRONG!!!!!   Being a destroyer is the easy button!!  It was ridiculously easy to have HUGE influence on the outcome of the game as a destroyer.  Yes.  It's a short, brutal life.  But played correctly you can carry your team to victory with ease.  You're fast, you're agile, you're stealthy, you've got special powers like smoke and torps.  It's ridiculous.  Despite having virtually no destroyer experience, my win rate with the Sims is close to 70%.   If I were a better DD player I'm sure my survivability and damage numbers would be higher. . . but I focused on winning the game, not surviving, and lo and behold. . . it was easy to do.

If you're a DD player, quit your whining this instant.  DDs are fine!

What destroyers did you play? 

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,167 battles
1 minute ago, KmsH44 said:

Well I see a large amount wrong here.

I read through thinking, "Oh, another guy going through the low-mid tiers of glory for DDs. I was pretty dead on.

You're playing DDs that don't typically see the super anti-DD radar, super RN BB and the cancers that are DM and Mino. You're in the paradise tiers.

Also, it doesn't help your case that both ships are considered extremely good ships by the upper half of the community. 

I'd love to list all the reasons why, but I'm a little bit on my phone typing this because a friend sent me the link to reply.

Superfluously, 

well, the sims is tier 7 so it will sometimes see the New Orleans and Chappy, and will see the Atlanta and payfast. On the other hand despite the number of CCE medals I have in my New Orleans (when you radar DDs sometimes they rush you and the NO has decent secondaries)  I have experienced 56 second Des Moines radar a couple of times and know that the NO is nothing.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

Haven't seen any whining lately. This sounds like a post created on outdated impressions by someone with minimal experience on the subject based on an insufficiently small sample size of personal data. 

Just drama for the sake of drama. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 11

Members
1,459 posts
12,365 battles

Great, secrets of the universe figured out, BBs at the top of the food chain - all others merely fodder for their consumption - and must be silent in this subservient role.... whining reserved for the top...

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,330 posts
6,609 battles
17 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

You're fast, you're agile, you're stealthy, you've got special powers like smoke and torps.  It's ridiculous.

So because the most agile USN DD in the entire game is stealthy, you conclude that everyone else is like that as well...

Maybe play Shiratsuyu for a change. Either have mediocre torps or smoke, crappy guns, be slow af and only have your stealth to rely on, nothing else.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles
6 minutes ago, fjrden said:

I can identify with the OP & what he has to say.  

I play DD's & discovered the Bismark in my collection I had won in some contest & took her for a spin.

I drove around islands & very seldom has to use my main battery at all!

BB's are easy mode... as it should be once reaching the top.

Umm what exactly happened in that battle!?!?

Because when my Bismarck takes to the battlefield my main guns are firing often as soon as the next shells can get loaded and my Secondaries stay busy as well. You don't usually get to cruise around relying just on your Secondaries and this is coming from a Bismarck player that has their Captain and ship Full Secondary Build and main guns still are vital to winnng.

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,834 battles
4 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Haven't seen any whining lately. This sounds like a post created on outdated impressions by someone with minimal experience on the subject based on an insufficiently small sample size of personal data. 

LOL, the @Kombat_W0MBAT is having none of this!

Members
519 posts
3,419 battles

So you played a premium t7 DD and now all of us learning to play DD's should listen to your wisdom in a couple of games ? how about No 

• Cool 1