You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cheemer

Scharnhorst purchase 10/12/17

11 comments in this topic

[USCC]
Members
8 posts
23,352 battles

Ok, being thrilled turned into horror logging into the game today, 10/16/17. Let me preface my current angst with some background to it all. Last week, logged into the game as I do everyday, and was thrilled to discover that Wargaming had allowed me to 'rent' the Scharnhorst for 3 days to try out, completely free of charge. About an hour into playing different ships in my port, up pops a message, stating that I can purchase the Scharnhorst Ultimate Bundle, to include: 500 Dubloons, 500,000 credits, 7 days of Premium, the Scharnhorst , and be allowed then to partake in the Scharnhorst Flag Mission(of which I could really care less), for a total of $14.99 U.S.D. This decision being basically a no-brainer, I went ahead and purchased it, paying for it through my PayPal e-wallet account, to which I got a receipt from Wargaming, thanking me for my purchase, and telling me it would be in my port when I once again logged back into the game. Sure enough, it was there when I logged in, and played it throughout that Thursday, and again on Friday, however in the port slot window itself, it stated I had 1 day, and umpteen hours left on the rental. I didn't think twice about this, since I had purchased the ship, and had gotten my official receipt from Wargaming in my email inbox. I don't play weekends at all, but looked forward to logging into the game today so I could, of course, continue to play this ship, only to find, to my sheer horror, that it had been deleted from my port entirely. Ok, calm down Cheemer, obviously this was a blatant error on Wargaming's end, and all will be well soon, right? I submitted a ticket, including a pdf attachment of the receipt sent to me to Wargaming. Well, it has been over 6 hours and counting now, without a reply. Now, certainly, I cannot be the only one who received this offer to begin with, let alone the only one who made this purchase, nor the only one who logged in today(or earlier, because it was only offered for free for 3 days) to discover it had been deleted from their port. Aside from my obvious angst, I have 2 questions: 1)Has this happened to anyone else, and, 2) what is my available recourse? Any feedback regarding this matter from the community would be appreciated. 

Cheemer

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles

You purchased the upgrade bundle, not the ship. You just thought you were buying the ship. I'm sorry, bud, but that's how it is.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,804 battles
Just now, TheKrimzonDemon said:

You purchased the upgrade bundle, not the ship. You just thought you were buying the ship. I'm sorry, bud, but that's how it is.

Mega Ouch! This is gonna get Rocky! 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Yup... and I posted about that too... saying look closely, be careful... because I too almost punched that purchase button.

Would you believe I never got a message that I also was given the oho dd as well! Never saw the message at all. Did see the message where it was taken back though...

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,864 posts
11,568 battles

$14.99 for the Sharn and all the other goodies? That would have been crazy good, but afraid you read it wrong.  

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,148 battles

14.99 would be the steal of the century. I would have been sorely tempted myself. Unfortunately, it looks like the others are right, you only got the goodies.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,491 battles

WG does really need to vet these things better.  The automated system should not be making that offer to a player that doesn't own Scharnhorst already, and the rentals should not count. 

OP, I would send a polite but firm ticket to customer service asking for your money back on that.  They may not do it since you've already used some of the premium time.  For next time, just consider that if Scharnhorst were actually included in that bundle the normal price would be around $45-$50.  Getting it for $15 should have been your clue that the ship wasn't included.

Members
172 posts

Wow, That sucks for this guy.  Looks like I'll be paying close attention to some of the adds as well and read them a couple times before I commit.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
3 hours ago, Cheemer said:

Ok, being thrilled turned into horror logging into the game today, 10/16/17. Let me preface my current angst with some background to it all. Last week, logged into the game as I do everyday, and was thrilled to discover that Wargaming had allowed me to 'rent' the Scharnhorst for 3 days to try out, completely free of charge. About an hour into playing different ships in my port, up pops a message, stating that I can purchase the Scharnhorst Ultimate Bundle, to include: 500 Dubloons, 500,000 credits, 7 days of Premium, the Scharnhorst , and be allowed then to partake in the Scharnhorst Flag Mission(of which I could really care less), for a total of $14.99 U.S.D. This decision being basically a no-brainer, I went ahead and purchased it, paying for it through my PayPal e-wallet account, to which I got a receipt from Wargaming, thanking me for my purchase, and telling me it would be in my port when I once again logged back into the game. Sure enough, it was there when I logged in, and played it throughout that Thursday, and again on Friday, however in the port slot window itself, it stated I had 1 day, and umpteen hours left on the rental. I didn't think twice about this, since I had purchased the ship, and had gotten my official receipt from Wargaming in my email inbox. I don't play weekends at all, but looked forward to logging into the game today so I could, of course, continue to play this ship, only to find, to my sheer horror, that it had been deleted from my port entirely. Ok, calm down Cheemer, obviously this was a blatant error on Wargaming's end, and all will be well soon, right? I submitted a ticket, including a pdf attachment of the receipt sent to me to Wargaming. Well, it has been over 6 hours and counting now, without a reply. Now, certainly, I cannot be the only one who received this offer to begin with, let alone the only one who made this purchase, nor the only one who logged in today(or earlier, because it was only offered for free for 3 days) to discover it had been deleted from their port. Aside from my obvious angst, I have 2 questions: 1)Has this happened to anyone else, and, 2) what is my available recourse? Any feedback regarding this matter from the community would be appreciated. 

Cheemer

Go into the tech tree and I think you will be able to purchase the ship itself for doubloons but from the tech tree. That is where you purchase the ship. If that doesn't work I don't know what to say to you but wait for tech support to answer your ticket.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,813 posts
9,902 battles

9500 doubloons for the Scharn

from the premium shop, it cost $54.17. I will be kicking nuts if the OP can purchase the Scharn for just 14.99 USD