You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

Kahb tier ten still OP

32 comments in this topic

Members
1,148 posts
4,259 battles
14 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Please nerf again.  The last one didn't work.

Personally, Idc but I'll tell you what the general response will be:

jake-no.gif

"No"

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

[HINON]
Supertester
19,234 posts
12,772 battles

Thank you for your in-depth analysis. Such well presented arguments.

• Cool 2

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,807 battles
10 minutes ago, joris92 said:

I find the range so terrible on Khab. Decent BB players can easily chop off 10k hp with a salvo...

Perhaps we need to buff BB players :Smile-_tongue:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
19 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

Perhaps we need to buff BB players :Smile-_tongue:

Then you would have shiny potatoes.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,075 posts
6,792 battles
1 hour ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Please nerf again.  The last one didn't work.

dont hold your breath dude, they only "nerfed" it so they could say they did, just like these upcoming HMS Conqueror nerfs, Khaba nerfs: rudder shift, still has good rudder shift, just slightly slower now, torpedo nerf, *laughs in 8 main guns that fire every like 5 or so seconds* seriously Khaba's torps where just for show if anything, besides, Khaba is just a cruiser under the designation of destroyer, same with the HMS Conqueror, its just a "super heavy cruiser" as ive heard Notser say about some of the BBs in game

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,967 posts
7,530 battles

Personally, I find the Grozovoi to be a much, much better ship than Khabarovsk. Yes, Khab has 2 more guns, and is faster, but Groz's concealment is that of a torp boat, and you can bring her reload way, way down, and her guns are more than good enough for the job, and, those torps are fast and even at base have an 8km range, meaning she can torp from stealth and bail, and no-one ever knows she's there. One cannot do that with Khaba. Plus, she has good AA. She can cap, defend, and contest, she is a much better team platform than Khaba will ever be, unless she gains 20 points on her concealment.

And yes, I have both ships.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
43 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Personally, I find the Grozovoi to be a much, much better ship than Khabarovsk.

I'm not sure I agree that one is better than the other (I also own both, just for the sake of the argument; it is nice to know whereof you speak); I will agree that they have different strengths and play-styles, and that they are NOT interchangeable.

I agree with @TheKrimzonDemon when he says Groz's concealment is more in line with a torp boat (albeit a RUSSIAN torp boat); she fights that way, too, almost like a German DD.

Khab is gunboat, period, end of paragraph.

No, I won't say Groz is better than Khab, but I will say she is more versatile and can do more things.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

The main issue lies in that 50mm belt that shatters 203mm HE save for German HE.

• Cool 1

Members
273 posts
4,732 battles

For crying out loud just leave her alone. Yes she is a good ship but you really have to work for it. Her concealment is so bad and her range so short that it takes a lot of work to do well with it. I'm only an average player at best but I've played that ship enough to know that it is not the easy win mode people think it is, I suspect it is more of a case that a lot of the people with it are just a high percentage of really good players who are expert in making the most of it's strengths. And it may not have a citadel but considering how much fire it attracts that's just as well as it attracts a crap ton of constant fire each match. And maybe it's the time of night I play but the people on with me seem to manage to hit me often enough to keep me on my toes. 

People keep saying it's more like a cruiser well then it's a cruiser which has to be several kilometers closer to the enemy to use it's guns. And it's server average damage is less than any of the T10 Cruisers. I can do a hell of a lot more damage per match in my Moskva or Hindenburg yet people aren't complaining about those.

• Cool 3

[DAKI]
Members
629 posts
6,440 battles
8 hours ago, Terkoz said:

For crying out loud just leave her alone. Yes she is a good ship but you really have to work for it. Her concealment is so bad and her range so short that it takes a lot of work to do well with it. I'm only an average player at best but I've played that ship enough to know that it is not the easy win mode people think it is, I suspect it is more of a case that a lot of the people with it are just a high percentage of really good players who are expert in making the most of it's strengths. And it may not have a citadel but considering how much fire it attracts that's just as well as it attracts a crap ton of constant fire each match. And maybe it's the time of night I play but the people on with me seem to manage to hit me often enough to keep me on my toes. 

People keep saying it's more like a cruiser well then it's a cruiser which has to be several kilometers closer to the enemy to use it's guns. And it's server average damage is less than any of the T10 Cruisers. I can do a hell of a lot more damage per match in my Moskva or Hindenburg yet people aren't complaining about those.

people are just mad because they still haven't learned that it can be countered.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,280 battles
18 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Personally, I find the Grozovoi to be a much, much better ship than Khabarovsk. Yes, Khab has 2 more guns, and is faster, but Groz's concealment is that of a torp boat, and you can bring her reload way, way down, and her guns are more than good enough for the job, and, those torps are fast and even at base have an 8km range, meaning she can torp from stealth and bail, and no-one ever knows she's there. One cannot do that with Khaba. Plus, she has good AA. She can cap, defend, and contest, she is a much better team platform than Khaba will ever be, unless she gains 20 points on her concealment.

And yes, I have both ships.

run-on sentence alert!

[CVA16]
Members
2,301 posts
9,874 battles
16 hours ago, awildpervert said:

people are just mad because they still haven't learned that it can be countered.

People are mad because when they nerf other (non-Russian) ships they wack 'em with a crowbar and step back to see if they can still survive. The IJN DDs they go after the main damage dealing ability for the ships.  The Khab they hit with a a true nerfbat, going after the rarely used torps, so it remains blatantly OP.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
629 posts
6,440 battles
17 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

People are mad because when they nerf other (non-Russian) ships they wack 'em with a crowbar and step back to see if they can still survive. The IJN DDs they go after the main damage dealing ability for the ships.  The Khab they hit with a a true nerfbat, going after the rarely used torps, so it remains blatantly OP.

valid point and hence why I only play the premium IJN dds now. It is said the ships that are pure torpedo boats have higher torp detectability, that does seems backwards in thinking.

• Cool 1

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
On 10/18/2017 at 6:53 AM, Sabot_100 said:

The Khab they hit with a a true nerfbat, going after the rarely used torps, so it remains blatantly OP.

Khab has been nerfed several times IIRC. It had range, torps and rudder nerfed at various points in time and had one inadvertent buff when the entire VMF dd line had the base damage values increased to their 130mm shells. 

Also, 2-week stats show that Z-52 has the best WR of all T10 DDs. Russian and SEA servers have Z-52 as the best T10 DD in all-time stats, and 2-week stats as well. So, yes, Khaba does a lot of damage, but it's not just damage that wins games.

And it's really easy to nerf Khaba through the floor by just dropping speed by as little as 2-3 kn. Maybe 1-2 kn speed reduction could work but it could become borderline unplayable.

Edited by geser98

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,711 battles

Oh no a ship that can damage my precious BB.......... Please WG turn it into a big fat slow cruiser that I can citadel please!

• Cool 3

Members
326 posts
328 battles

Finally got the Khabarosvk!!! It is an enjoyable marvel... really a fast firing racing cruiser more than a DD, but fun anyway...

Now what? Do I try the other russian split line or go for anything else? (cruisers? Russian or French?)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
10 posts
7,948 battles

Khabvarosk is B.S. I'd like to see one take 11 ap rounds from an iowa class with over half hitting between the turrets and still float doesn't matter if they over penetrate 11 holes at or below the water line they would be done. not still at half life.  DD's were to protect carriers at all cost and hunt subs. they were wicked plane killers

[APOC]
Members
147 posts
6,696 battles
On 10/16/2017 at 12:39 PM, joris92 said:

I find the range so terrible on Khab. Decent BB players can easily chop off 10k hp with a salvo...

Not sure what you mean.. I fired a full salvo into it and did 6k damage to the turret and about 2k to the actual ship.. that was after hitting it 6 times and doing maybe 5k damage in total.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,061 posts
9,381 battles
22 hours ago, Noone_You_Know said:

learn to aim.

hahaha okay just an observation...no need to be mental midget

• Cool 1