You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

ST, New Ship Collision sound

20 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

[SALVO]
Members
17,074 posts
17,737 battles

For a moment, I thought that you might be trolling us with a sound clip where someone was saying "Stop running into me, you dumba$$!!!"  :Smile-_tongue:

[CJN]
[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
6,201 battles

I would pay someone to not run into me just so I wouldn't hear that sound. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,262 battles

Way cool! (thanks Renegade!)

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Lol, I think the alarm kinda sounds cool.  Id take it over the lame sounding stuff for fire alarms and stuff we have now. 

But can we have an overhaul of the ram damage to?  instead of 'tap=death'....

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I actually like this, thanks for sharing Major! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles

Between this and the stuka sounds, I'm liking the direction the sound team is going these days.

1 hour ago, KnightFandragon said:

But can we have an overhaul of the ram damage to?  instead of 'tap=death'....

Collide slower, damage is based on speed of impact (although it's generally still high).

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Between this and the stuka sounds, I'm liking the direction the sound team is going these days.

Collide slower, damage is based on speed of impact (although it's generally still high).

LOL, I cant collide any slower then 0.....

When I say tap=death, I mean just that, I hit the side of an Alabama going maybe 0.5knt....another second I woulda stopped and backed up, it still resulted in 100% destruction.

I wish it was really based on speed, like 0.5 knts = 100 dmg and done.  Almost all my collisions are no higher then a few knots, I try to avoid them, turning, slowing down and the like.  PLus, a number of them are in the Arizona, not a fast ship to begin with. 

We have recent events of real warships hammering each other and not even sinking lol......hella faster then I tapped the ships in this game. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles
7 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

LOL, I cant collide any slower then 0.....

When I say tap=death, I mean just that, I hit the side of an Alabama going maybe 0.5knt....another second I woulda stopped and backed up, it still resulted in 100% destruction.

It also depends what you're driving. Collision damage is based on the HP of the colliding vessels (plus possibly some not-fully-understood interaction with damage saturation).

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles

Now if only WarGaming allows use to use our ships horns to warn others that they are about to collide with one another.

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
22 hours ago, Edgecase said:

It also depends what you're driving. Collision damage is based on the HP of the colliding vessels (plus possibly some not-fully-understood interaction with damage saturation).

Yeah, when it should be based on the speed and angle of the colliding ships.  2 ships tapping each other at like 0.5 knts should cause maybe 1000 damage, 2 ships side scraping each other should cause like 10 dmg per second until they dont touch.