You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

WG Does Jewellery Now?

16 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/10/16/wot-jewelry-coming-soon/

Is this really a thing?

*checks calendar*

Nope, not April 1st.

Would anybody with any kind of mid or high class intentions even buy this?  Or is the culture in Russia just completely upside down from what it is here that this becomes feasible?

I'm scared to even ask the price.....

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,701 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Or is the culture in Russia just completely upside down from what it is here that this becomes feasible?

I've spent too much time online to believe that. The US isn't the paragon of good life choices that some people make it out to believe.

"But you see so much stupidity from russia!"

Yeah, and it gets retold because it's news, because it's unusual. I'm sure that people in Russia are laughing at US redneck dumps and saying the same things.

Please get that 'the other is backwards' mentality out of your head. We're all people.

• Cool 6

[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Please get that 'the other is backwards' mentality out of your head. We're all people.

It wasn't meant to be insulting.  It's just culture shock, that's all. 

Just like how I'll never understand how people wear camo tuxedos to weddings.  Or anything found on www.peopleofwalmart.com.  Maybe I'm just a sheltered little boy.

At the end of the day, to each their own.  If someone wants to rock WoT jewellery to their next gala/event/tea party, all the power to them.

[FAE]
Members
2,160 posts
2,630 battles

Oh, I was hoping we could have little silver cast Fletcher model necklaces.  Wouldn't that be cute. 

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,551 posts
39 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'm sure that people in Russia are laughing at US redneck dumps and saying the same things.

Oh trust me, it's not just Russia~

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,701 battles
5 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Oh trust me, it's not just Russia~

Oh I know. Just wanted to point out that basically deep down they're the same as Americans. I'm just getting tired of the "those stupid backwards Russians are so backwards and stupid" mentality* that is so common here.

*not implying OP meant that. Just that it is very common on this forum.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,551 posts
Just now, Lert said:

Oh I know. Just wanted to point out that basically deep down they're the same as Americans.

Aye~
Personally, I'm kinda interested in this merch, think they'll add an NA store? >.>

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,590 posts
8,995 battles
26 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

WG is just trying to increase the appeal to female gamers.

Actually most of those items are male oriented.

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually most of those items are male oriented.

I should have added a /sarc tag

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,590 posts
8,995 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I should have added a /sarc tag

Sarcasm is super easy to miss in text unless you are highly knowledgeable of the writers sense of humor.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Just wanted to point out that basically deep down they're the same as Americans.

The difference between American hillbillies and Russian hillbillies is ... here they speak 'Murican!

(people are people everywhere, Russia included)

Members
170 posts
284 battles
26 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oh I know. Just wanted to point out that basically deep down they're the same as Americans. I'm just getting tired of the "those stupid backwards Russians are so backwards and stupid" mentality* that is so common here.

*not implying OP meant that. Just that it is very common on this forum.

I couldn't agree more.  I don't see a lot of the mentality over here in England and we always just roll our eyes when we hear things like that come from across the pond. 

Members
170 posts
284 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/10/16/wot-jewelry-coming-soon/

Is this really a thing?

*checks calendar*

Nope, not April 1st.

Would anybody with any kind of mid or high class intentions even buy this?  Or is the culture in Russia just completely upside down from what it is here that this becomes feasible?

I'm scared to even ask the price.....

Wow, just wow, I don't think I would ever wear anything of the sort and I know my fiance wouldn't either lol.  I'm sure there is a market for it with some overly obsessed gamers out there.

Alpha Tester
3,327 posts
13 hours ago, Lert said:

I've spent too much time online to believe that. The US isn't the paragon of good life choices that some people make it out to believe.

"But you see so much stupidity from russia!"

Yeah, and it gets retold because it's news, because it's unusual. I'm sure that people in Russia are laughing at US redneck dumps and saying the same things.

This  an understatement.

Part of my job is assisting in getting people who are Japanese set up here in the US for work.

Some of them think they are gun otakus. 

Then they get over here, and meet real Texas Gun Nuts.

but then by the time they get here they already know personaly just how crazy we are, after all we do enjoy root beer floats, straight root beer, insainly spicy food, and other things....