You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SuperNikoPower

Clan Battles: First Season Begins

22 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,261 posts
649 battles

Starts with Update 0.6.12 (October 18)
Ends with Update 0.6.15

Prepare yourselves -- the first Season of Clan Battles kicks off this week! Here's a quick look at the rules:

• Seven-ship teams
  • Tier X
  • One battleship per team
  • No carriers
  • Clan Battles are only available during Prime Time

In Your Prime 
Prime Time is from 17:00 PT (20:00 ET) - 20:00 PT (23:00 ET) on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. 

During the Season, any player who's played a Random or Clan Battle with a Tier VIII-X ship after the corresponding Update goes live will get a set of three tier X ships for temporary use listed below:

Update 0.6.12

• 19c84576-a5ed-11e6-ac99-d89d6715223c.png 233d0c46-c167-11e6-9ba7-d89d6715223c.png Zao 
  • 19c84576-a5ed-11e6-ac99-d89d6715223c.png 2340aea0-c167-11e6-ac98-d89d6715223c.png Shimakaze
  • 19daff22-a5ed-11e6-b781-d89d6715223c.png 23394430-c167-11e6-97cf-d89d6715223c.png Großer Kurfürst

Update 0.6.13

• 19daff22-a5ed-11e6-b781-d89d6715223c.png 233d0c46-c167-11e6-9ba7-d89d6715223c.png Hindenburg
  • 19c7d6f4-a5ed-11e6-a31c-d89d6715223c.png 2340aea0-c167-11e6-ac98-d89d6715223c.png Grozovoi
  • 19a564ac-a5ed-11e6-8ffd-d89d6715223c.png 23394430-c167-11e6-97cf-d89d6715223c.png Montana

Update 0.6.14

• 19c7d6f4-a5ed-11e6-a31c-d89d6715223c.png 233d0c46-c167-11e6-9ba7-d89d6715223c.png Moskva
  • 19a564ac-a5ed-11e6-8ffd-d89d6715223c.png 2340aea0-c167-11e6-ac98-d89d6715223c.png Gearing
  • 19c84576-a5ed-11e6-ac99-d89d6715223c.png 23394430-c167-11e6-97cf-d89d6715223c.png Yamato

In League with Your Clan

Spoiler

In Clan Battles, you and your Clan clash for points to climb to the top. The Clan Rating system is made up of four Leagues:

• Squall League  (Start Here)
  • Gale League
  • Storm League
  • Typhoon League (Top Dogs!) 

Each League has three Groups, each requiring 100 points to ascend to the next. All points beyond that 100 roll over into the next Group/League. All Clans start in Group II of the Squall League. Your Clan gains or loses points in each Clan Battle depending on the outcome: 

• Victory: +25 points
  • Defeat: -25 points
  • Draw: 0 to -3 points

Once they've climbed through every group in the League, your Clan must fight through a series of five Progression Battles and win at least three of them. A victory sends your Clan to the next League with a 35-point bonus, while a defeat keeps your Clan in the same league with a 35-point loss. If your Clan doesn't fight the Progression Battles, they don't advance! 

Alternatively, if your Clan loses enough points to fall to the bottom of their current League, they must win three out of five Relegation Battles to keep from getting kicked down to the league below with a 35-point penalty. However, they get a 35-point bonus if they succeed.  Once your Clan hits zero points in Squall League, Group 3, they've hit rock bottom and won't lose any additional points. 

decd88e6-b045-11e7-b65e-d89d6715223c_120

At the end of the Season, the top Clan is honored in a special in-game loading screen.

Individual Rewards

Spoiler

During the Season, you'll get rewards when your Clan achieves a certain number of Clan Battle victories. However, only battles you participate in will count towards your individual reward. All tasks can only be completed only once per Season. 

Squall League Rewards

Win seven Clan Battles while in Squall League or higher.

Reward

25x "Sierra Mike" Flags

25x "India Delta" Flags

25x "India Yankee" Flags

25x "November Foxtrot" Flags

25x "Victor Lima" Flags

25x "Juliet Whiskey Unaone" Flags

Gale League Rewards

Win seven Clan Battles while in Gale League or higher.

Reward

10x "Halloween" Camo

25x "Sierra Mike" Flags

25x "India Delta" Flags

25x "India Yankee" Flags

25x "November Foxtrot" Flags

25x "Victor Lima" Flags

25x "Juliet Whiskey Unaone" Flags

Win eight Clan Battles while in Gale League or higher after completing Task #1.

Reward

20 x "Victory" Camo

Bonus Reward for Completing Tasks #1 and #2
500 6c577eb2-d9e4-11e6-be32-d89d6715223c.png

Storm League Rewards

Win seven Clan Battles while in Storm League or higher.

Reward

20x "Type 59" Camo - NEW!
Provides standard Camo bonuses plus +200% XP

fe3155f6-b062-11e7-8464-d89d6715223c_120

Win eight Clan Battles while in Storm League or higher after completing Task #1.

Reward

20x "Red Dragon" Flags

20x "Hydra" Flags

20x "gamescom 2017" Camo

20 x "Valentine's Day 2017" Camo

Win 15 Clan Battles while in Storm League or higher after completing Task #2.

Reward

20x "Type 59" Camo

30 Days of Premium

Bonus Reward for Completing Tasks #1, #2, and #3
1,750 6c577eb2-d9e4-11e6-be32-d89d6715223c.png

Typhoon League Rewards

Win seven Clan Battles while in Typhoon League.

Reward

20x "Victory" Camo

20x "St. Patrick's Day 2017" Camo

20x "Sci-Fi Space" Camo

Win eight Clan Battles while in Typhoon League completing Task #1.

Reward

300,000 Elite Commander XP

100,000 Free XP

Win 15 Clan Battles while in Storm League or higher after completing Task #2.

Reward

10x "Type 59" Camo

Bonus Reward for Completing Tasks #1, #2, and #3
A commemorative flag. Earn three flags in future Seasons to earn the tier X cruiser Stalingrad!
1b029762-b02c-11e7-96bb-d89d6715223c_120

Clan Divisions

Spoiler

If you select the "Clan Battle" type, a Clan's Senior Command Staff (except officers) of Account Level 15 can form Clan Divisions using the standard Division interface. Any Clan member can join that Division. Multiple Divisions from the same Clan can be in queue to battle at the same time. 

d9384952-b02c-11e7-8c6d-d89d6715223c.jpg

"Clan Battles" Matchmaking: 

• Your Clan's ranking is factored into the process
  • Your Division is matched up based on Clan's League and group
  • Your Division can't be matched against a Division you just fought
  • Divisions from the same Clan won't be matched against each other

•  

Economics & Missions

Spoiler

The economics of battle winnings is a lot different in Clan Battles. 

Clan Battle Economics By the Numbers

• Minimum Victory Payout per Individual: 2,500 Base XP + 300,000* Credits 
  • Minimum Defeat/Draw Payout per Individual: 250 base XP + 150,000* Credits
  • Service Cost for Tier X Ships: 180,000 Credits
  • Free XP Bonus per Battle: +300%

*Keep in mind that this is the base Credit payout before ammunition costs, repair costs, consumables, etc. Modifiers from camouflage, signal flags, Premium time, etc. also affect payouts. 

If a battle ends before four and a half minutes, neither team gets XP or Credit rewards. Individuals who go the entire battle without inflicting any damage and don't travel a minimum distance will also be exempt from XP and Credit rewards.

Missions

All Clan Battle missions are completable only with Tier X ships in Clan Battles.

First Battle!

Play a Clan Wars battle

Once per Account

Reward

Unlock other Clan Wars missions!

5x "Ouroboros" Flags
5x "Red Dragon" Flags
5x "Blue Dragon" Flags
5x "Hydra" Flags
5x "Wyvern" Flags

Clan vs. Clan I

Be the Top Base XP earner between both teams in a battle

Prerequisite: First Battle!
Once per Account

Reward

10x "Battle Hardened" Camo - NEW TO NA! 
Provides standard Camo bonuses plus +100 XP and +250% Commander XP

894ea8e0-b064-11e7-ae3a-d89d6715223c_120

Clan vs. Clan II

Earn 10,000 Base XP

Prerequisite: Clan vs. Clan I
Once per Account

Reward

1x "More Consumables" Container
1x "More Credits" Container
1x "More Signals and Camo" Container

Clan vs. Clan III

Earn 1,000,000 Credits over any number of battles

Prerequisite: Clan vs. Clan II
Once per Account

Reward

40,000 Elite Commander XP

Clan vs. Clan IV

Earn 500 Ribbons over any number of battles

Prerequisite: Clan vs. Clan III
Once per Account

Reward

25,000 Free XP

Clan vs. Clan V

Win 5 battles

Prerequisite: Clan vs. Clan IV
Once per Account

Reward

1x Supercontainer
10x "Victory" Camo

Supply Time

Win a battle

Prerequisite: First Battle!
Repeatable three times daily

Reward

2x "Victor Lima" Flags
2x "Juliet Whiskey Unaone" Flags
2x "India Delta" Flags
2x "India Yankee" Flags
2x "Sierra Mike" Flags
2x "Juliet Charlie" Flags
30x Oil

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,276 posts
9,108 battles

Why would anyone choose any of those BB's over a Conqueror again?

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,785 battles

2,500 exp and 300,000 credits as a minimum payout? That means our individual performance would raise the amount earned, right? If so, victories in CB will be quite lucrative... 

Edited by _Fantomex_

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,155 battles
10 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

2,500 exp and 300,000 credits as a minimum payout? That means our individual performance would raise the amount earned, right? If so, victories in CV will be quite lucrative... 

Salt for the Salt God, lawl.

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,785 battles
7 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Salt for the Salt God, lawl.

I meant CB, my phone keyboard auto corrected it to CV... 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Maybe because they haven't gotten to tier 10 in the RN BB line and the Grobe is a fine BB in its own right and is going to win a secondary battle hands down with or without manual secondaries, it is just more brutal with.

[CAFE]
Members
1,396 posts
10,751 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I highly doubt you will see Conqs from good teams because a Conq is only good against battleships and not Cruisers. Conq is also the most susceptible to torps, which is a big no no.

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,861 battles

"Prime Time is from 17:00 PT (20:00 ET) - 20:00 PT (23:00 ET) on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. "

<Insert profanity laced rant>

EDIT: I found a rant

https://www.pakin.org/complaint?firstname=Clan+Battle+time+restrictions&pgraphs=2&gender=c

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the founder of the Anti-Clan Battle time restrictions Society. In this letter, I will tell you what made me form such an organization and how I plan to use it to comment on a phenomenon that has and will continue to create a new fundamentalism based not on religion but on an orthodoxy of vigilantism. If you disagree with my claim that Clan Battle time restrictions is as temeritous as it is hopeless, then read no further.

I must ask that Clan Battle time restrictions's partners in crime challenge Clan Battle time restrictions's claims of exceptionalism. I know they'll never do that so here's an alternate proposal: They should, at the very least, back off and quit trying to taunt, deride, and generally vilipend its enemies. Although blasphemous pipsqueaks are relatively small in number compared to the general population, they are increasing in size and fervor. In no sense do I advocate evading or defying the law in order to challenge Clan Battle time restrictions's Tartuffism-oriented assumptions about merit. That would lead to anarchy. Instead, I advocate keeping our courage up, as doing so leads people towards an understanding of how Clan Battle time restrictions has been trying to convince us that the cure for evil is more evil. That argument fails to take into account the reality that I've never bothered Clan Battle time restrictions. Yet Clan Battle time restrictions wants to subvert existing lines of power and information. Whatever happened to “live and let live”? Now that you've read the bulk of this letter, it should not come as a complete surprise that I cannot too often emphasize the simple fact that it is totally ridiculous that I have to be faced with jokers whose uneducated undertakings are constantly treated with apathy. However, this fact bears repeating again and again, until the words crack through the hardened exteriors of those who would stir up trouble. I am referring, of course, to the likes of Clan Battle time restrictions.

Edited by LordBenjamin

[SVF]
Members
947 posts
1,286 battles
3 hours ago, FratStar4Life said:

Conq is also the most susceptible to torps, which is a big no no.

Are you referring to TDS protection? Kurfurst's bulge is actually worse, if so.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

The only thing missing, that I can see, are mercenaries... how sweet it would have been for clans whose clan members cannot make the predetermined times to accept mercenaries from smaller clans or single person clans... I grasp the idea of the clan being one, homogeneous entity, but reality does tend to rear her ugly backside from time to time. 

It will be interesting to observe the rate of participation.  

[CAFE]
Members
1,396 posts
10,751 battles
2 hours ago, landcollector said:

Are you referring to TDS protection? Kurfurst's bulge is actually worse, if so.

Susceptibility does not only mean damage.

The turret traverse on the Conq is terrible, which means Conq players in CW will be more predictable with their movements. In addition, the GK has hydro and planes to spot torps, the Conq has neither. 

[DRACS]
Supertester
725 posts
12,231 battles

Well the “prime time” sucks for me, so guess I am out.   

[CRUEL]
Members
153 posts
13,152 battles
10 hours ago, _Fantomex_ said:

I meant CB, my phone keyboard auto corrected it to CV... 

Assuming:

CB= Clan Battles

1 hour ago, YAC said:

No  CV... WHYYYYY?? :'(

How many Tier X CV are there, keep the battles uniform.  I honestly don't think that Tier X ships should be given, I grinded all my Tier X.  Make the Clan Members learn how to play.  They give car licence test to make sure you can drive.

Come to think of it, why did I have to work so hard, I could have slept for 2 years, woke up, wiped my eyes with a Tier X in my port.

Edited by Baldassare
Their to There

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
134 posts
9,394 battles

i have some question:

1. Tier 10 Cruiser Stalingrad is a premium ship? Or techtree ship? Because we did have task to earn tier 3, 4, 5 British BB when it come out.

2. Clan battle is the only way to earn Stalingrad?   

[SVF]
Members
947 posts
1,286 battles
9 hours ago, FratStar4Life said:

Susceptibility does not only mean damage.

The turret traverse on the Conq is terrible, which means Conq players in CW will be more predictable with their movements. In addition, the GK has hydro and planes to spot torps, the Conq has neither. 

Eh.  Conquerer's traverse is the same as Montana's and only 5s slower than Kurfurst's.  With EM, the gap narrows to roughly 3.5s in a 180 degree turn.  Not terrible, really.  You do have a valid point on the consumables though.

[RUST]
Members
51 posts
7,265 battles

Prime time is too limiting, Nearly half my clan can't play because of the restrictions. Please extend prime time by another two hours so west coast people can also play until 11:00PM PST. Also add more days, some guys work weekends.

[FYL]
Members
610 posts
5,501 battles

So, my prime time for clan battles would be 1am till 4am, and since im working during the night..... there go my hopes and dreames

[LHG]
Members
1,652 posts
4,919 battles
On 10/16/2017 at 4:05 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

The only thing missing, that I can see, are mercenaries... how sweet it would have been for clans whose clan members cannot make the predetermined times to accept mercenaries from smaller clans or single person clans... I grasp the idea of the clan being one, homogeneous entity, but reality does tend to rear her ugly backside from time to time. 

It will be interesting to observe the rate of participation.  

Ok, just a couple of things. 

Our clan is facing huge problems with the current setup of Clan Wars. 

1) We have about 12 active members spread out from the US East Coast to Australia.  Getting 7 together at the same time and the same place is not an easy task at all.  Our most active group of 5 or so players, what we call "The Night shift" are normally on from about 9 pm to Midnight Pacific Time which brings us to our second problem. 

2) "Prime Time".  Well it might be Prime Time for some but it certainly is not Prime Time for us.  We probably have a couple of members it will work for but as I said, our strongest group tends to begin to be active about an hour after the "Prime Time" period is over.  Some of us could probably arrange to drop down to that slot during the weekends but even so, it simply makes dealing with issue #1 above all the more difficult to overcome. 

Bottom line is, our clan might be able to deal with one of these two obstacles, but the combination of the two probably precludes us from participating in Clan Wars unless we just magically manage to recruit a lot of new members in the correct time slot. 

Of course, it occurs to me that players who are regularly playing in WOWS "Prime Time" just became highly sought after individuals for smaller clans.  The world works in mysterious ways. 

Mercenaries would certainly be a partial solution for the members of our clan.  We could form divisions at our clan level and then either pick up mercenaries to fill out our roster or be the mercenaries which fill in another clans team list.  I can imagine that this feature caused problems in the old "Team Battles" but I think the concept is a sound one provided they could make it work without significant delays and problems with the MM system as well as the system that distributes awards.  

Hopefully it's something they can look into for the future. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[RUST]
Beta Testers
947 posts
10,405 battles

If you guys can't extend Clan battle window for more than 3hrs, can we at least stagger the CB windows?

For example:

Wednesday: 8PM-11PM EST / 5PM - 8PM PST

Thursday:    8:30PM-11:30PM EST / 5:30PM - 8:30PM PST

Saturday: 9PM-12PM EST / 6PM - 9PM PST

Sunday: 9:30PM-12:30PM EST / 6:30PM - 9:30PM PST

So that on at least some of the days are better on people living in PST time zones and there's an overlap of timezones and time frame that works for people across the 4 timezones that's spread across the continental US?