You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
aAkula

Primetime For Clan Wars!

88 comments in this topic

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Looks like I'll only have the opportunity to play 1 of the nights due to time zones. 

How many others are being completely shafted due to their work/life/time zones?

Nail in the coffin for me.  

• Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
196 posts
5,792 battles

Time Zone is ok.. but how Friday night is not considered prime time...    must be based on server stats..  still seems like more people would play up to 11pm on a Friday night as opposed to Wednesday.  Some of us have work in the am ;/

• Cool 1

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,765 battles

In Your Prime 
Prime Time is from 17:00 PT (20:00 ET) - 20:00 PT (23:00 ET) on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. 

The time frame sucks for players on the west coast as 5 pm - 8 pm Pacific Time means a lot of us are just getting back from work and getting dinner on Wednesday and Thursday.

And Saturday timing clashes for those of us in Supremacy League (6 pm to 9 pm for SL vs 5 pm to 8 pm for CB)...which is a lot of the competitive players unable to play on Saturday.

A two hour window extension to 10 pm Pacific would be nice.

Edited by Lightninger

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,515 battles

I am in the same boat (pun intended) @aAkula I can play one night and maybe make the last hour of 2 other nights if I risk life and limb driving home from work. So GG WG making the rewards individual based.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I have a class that is on Wed ending at 8, with a 30 min drive home. Gosh that is some of my time too...

[RUST]
Beta Testers
948 posts
10,426 battles

Seriously, they need to have it extend to 23:00 PST at the least. So much for playing on the west coast if you have a job and dinner plans.

[AK]
Beta Testers
334 posts
9,244 battles

I have to concur on the timing for the West Coast. Getting home, Dinner, Kids homework. etc. 

Good thing this is a game and not a job. 

Members
9,980 posts

Why does it seem like they are dooming Clan wars from day 1? 3 Hours? Prime time? 4 days?

Really don't get why they are bothering, when they are limiting it so badly.

• Cool 2

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,567 battles

Their "prime time" straight up removes my ability to take part in clan wars.  Granted it's not really a competitive game mode as much as it's a glorified ranked battle, but it's quite annoying.

Members
3,725 posts
15,059 battles
33 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

I'm gonna have to stay up from 2am to 5am, I'll find a way to manage I guess...

3 am to 6 am for me. Luckily I work till 1am 2-3 times per week so I can play after work, maybe.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,634 battles

Wasn't that interested in CW in the first place, but I do feel like this [edited] on West Coasters like myself particularly hard. I work a tech job and regularly don't get back 'til 7 or 7:30 PST.

• Cool 1

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
1 hour ago, aAkula said:

Looks like I'll only have the opportunity to play 1 of the nights due to time zones. 

Many are shafted because of clan size, family, work.... That was called a long time ago ! Many are not in clans, many cannot commit...

why is there a surprise ?

that event has always been designed for a minority. Why ? no idea, but here we are. But whenever you dare saying a single negative about it, you get 10s of people having a go at you.

CBs were a fail by design, it is not for the majority of the player base. But lets see how it goes, and wait for the next rank season sometimes in the next 3-4 months...

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles

Was surprised to see time slots included at all, considering Ranked play doesn't get any such specific restrictions.  What's the difference if it runs all the time or only a specified hours?

Between this and the no-CV rule, they really are narrowing the spread of players they are trying to attract.

Hopefully they learn some hard lessons with this first season and adjust accordingly moving forward.

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,173 battles
1 hour ago, Simers72 said:

Time Zone is ok.. but how Friday night is not considered prime time...    must be based on server stats..  still seems like more people would play up to 11pm on a Friday night as opposed to Wednesday.  Some of us have work in the am ;/

Ineed... Should be Friday instead of thursday

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

This kinda sucks that it only runs for 3 hours as well.. I'm on the east coast so its...not too bad I guess...but its still 8pm to 11pm which will make it a little hard for me given my work schedual...hell, most days I dont get home until 9:45/10pm, then I have to make dinner and take a shower... ugh...

WG, you gone and dun messed up with this...

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

(EDIT: Never mind, just re-read).

Were I in a clan that is planning on participating, I'd be getting lists together of who can play at what times now.

Edited by Lillehuntrix

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,191 posts
18,924 battles

Since I play GMT+1 hours I couldn't take part in any. Add working in a 24/7 job and even if I have off it's around midnight my time when I need some sleep. Couldn't just give my dog the door keys and let him walk alone in the morning.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, aAkula said:

Having time limits on this has no purpose. Why the powers that be in WG decided it was cool to limit the play time on specific days is ludicrous. I will not force anyone in my Clan to make an APPT. to play. Team wars was limited and it died so quickly you would think WG learned something from that exp. Clan Battles should be  a given week 24/7 giving all player/members a chance to participate. 

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Having time limits on this has no purpose. Why the powers that be in WG decided it was cool to limit the play time on specific days is ludicrous. I will not force anyone in my Clan to make an APPT. to play. Team wars was limited and it died so quickly you would think WG learned something from that exp. Clan Battles should be  a given week 24/7 giving all player/members a chance to participate. 

rofl

it was never designed for everyone to have a chance to participate. This is why they put a limited time ! so that larger clan cannot just get on top by being able to play 10 times the number of games than smaller clans.

But as you start to find out, whatever they go for, it is flawed.

[FARQD]
Members
382 posts
6,232 battles
12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

It's a well thought out decision by WG so that clans don't game the system during the wee hours. Easier for a cpl of clans to get into an agreement to make sure one clan wins and they take turns. 

Edited by sansfaille

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, PicknChew said:

rofl

it was never designed for everyone to have a chance to participate. This is why they put a limited time ! so that larger clan cannot just get on top by being able to play 10 times the number of games than smaller clans.

But as you start to find out, whatever they go for, it is flawed.

Whats the point then? If it wasn't designed for the player base to play?

1 minute ago, sansfaille said:

It's a well thought decision by WG so that clans don't game the system during the wee hours. Easier for a cpl of clans to get into an agreement to make sure one clan wins and they take turns. 

Even with the possibility of Cheating "Gaming the system" I have seen the rosters of several clans and their clan chats "Primetime" is a ghost time for Gaming.  A 24/7  schedule is a solution to the sparsity of players at the scheduled times set up now. 

• Cool 1