You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stealthems

We have all experienced this at some point...

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,137 battles

That Yamato is probably related to the CO who sailed behind an island on two brothers, took random pot shots as half the enemy team over-ran my AL and a DD who were in front of him (well in front of him), then complained loudly in chat as he was sunk about how we didn't support him, and were a bunch of incompetent noobs. From a CO who spent his battle playing peek-a-boo behind an island like it was WOT. That is the only time I was about ready to deliberately TK someone, had I still been alive (except I died defending his sorry [edited])

Members
9 posts
2,133 battles

ye people that dont realise that they are not being helpful sniping at long range with the most armoured ships in the game and then flame when they get sunk because they are not supported once the team has died trying to cap and win the game, are a pain the *** hopefully some of them find this video and realise that being far back in your tier 10 battleship sniping is not helpful to winning domination at all. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

The only time a BB should be running away from battle is if they're kiting half the enemy fleet to keep them from doing anything productive (done that.... hilarious) or when withdrawing at low HP to heal up and get back into the fight. Full HP battleships running away from battle make me sad. 

Members
18,249 posts
5,219 battles
3 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

The only time a BB should be running away from battle is if they're kiting half the enemy fleet to keep them from doing anything productive (done that.... hilarious) or when withdrawing at low HP to heal up and get back into the fight. Full HP battleships running away from battle make me sad. 

I'll admit, when I get in a Tier 10 battle in a BB, I chicken out at times, mainly because I don't have a lot of experience up there, and I have a habit of leaving myself exposed to extreme focus fire, or torps. Experience should fix that, however.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

I'll admit, when I get in a Tier 10 battle in a BB, I chicken out at times, mainly because I don't have a lot of experience up there, and I have a habit of leaving myself exposed to extreme focus fire, or torps. Experience should fix that, however.

In general I recommend following your DDs for the start. You get to support them in their capping efforts and they get to spot for you. Not only other ships but torp spread too. Obviously don't go into the cap when a knife fight is going on (you'll just be in the way) but you can do a lot of good being close by, especially if your secondaries can reach the enemy DDs. 

Beyond that, especially in the first half of the game, when deciding how far to push and where to position yourself, always ask "How completely boned am I if I three enemy BBs decide to light me up right now?" I have a bad habit of pushing too far too soon and wind up in a spot where I either have to retreat in reverse and pray bow-tanking works out, or risk turning around and exposing my citadel. More often than not I survive to heal up and fight some more but the games where I don't are completely my fault and really last part of high tier BB play I struggle with. It's soooooo easy to push too far, and especially so if your team mates have a tendency to run away and leave you alone when the enemy shows up. Sometimes I feel like my BB is the fat person you trip to get away from the zombies. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,020 posts
8,259 battles

I see such useless [bleep] on my team, I am going to swing by and drop torps into them, wait for them to repair, then see they get flooded to death. They can only blame themselves for enraging me to the point of losing control.

Or so I'd like to think. But seriously, this unacceptable cowardice is [bleep] stupid. It belongs in pve only. In pvp, bring your A-game, especially if you unlocked a T8 ship. You cannot possibly be so dull that minimap, HE vs. AP usage, basics of fighting DDs, contesting caps, using chat, and many other basics should be 2nd nature, especially after just 500 battles in pvp.

To me, such cowards are not people. At all. Only bots are that cowardly. People learn and adapt and do what they can. Bots give in to programmed fear all the time. Simply, I am too ashamed of such stupidity to call those people "human beings."

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
1 hour ago, Stealthems said:

Everyone's experienced something like this at least once i can guarantee it :) 

Video was really enlightening. I found his/her sophomoric, gameplay, averment, and pugnacity.  The apparition of his deluison.(and I know Delusions). That said I have been known to do simular behavior but realize I am on meds, drink substantially for my size, and vision is far from adequate. But even with all these advantages. I would not criticize anothers game. It is humorous. So if a situation occurs once more please share replay. Love your commentary well done. Mr. Stealthems