You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

17 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,030 posts
8,269 battles

Regale us.

Had a terrible losing streak Saturday, even in Haku I can barely do much if team is addicted to sucking. Didn't play at all yesterday as just kinda bored of same ships with usual potatoes.

Did have an amusing moment where I citadeled a Conquerer in Iowa, and losing streak got broken by a nice gem in Hindenburg:

PcK4JSv.jpg

Neptune was dumb enough to be broadside as I enter B cap, so ended him with muh AP. Then during cyclone I charged right at 2 NC I knew were headed our way; for whatever stupid reason, both panicked and came to a bow-in stop. I angled, so they couldn't citadel me, and went in with torps. Neither tried to ram me, and 2nd NC provided the other DS. Even one of the competent enemy players came into chat complaining how stupid those NC were for not trying to ram me.

Oh, and if anyone's curious, I was in hospital a week ago, and I only access these forums on desktop, so that's why didn't post this last week.

Edited by Reymu

[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,320 battles

Big weekend for me. 

I got the following ships:
Iowa
Missouri
Baltimore
Fiji
Queen Elizabeth

Got a Kraken in the Mo. 

I spent about 45 million credits and 8k dubloons (for XP conversioN) to get all the ships purchased and outfitted. Fortunately, the dubloons came from Oct Rev crates. 

I like the MIssouri and Iowa, though my win rate is pretty abysmal. I'm not a fan of the Baltimore (so far). I've only had one game in the Fiji and it's OK. The QE is OK too. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I actually did something weird this weekend. I tried out WoWP for the first time.

Verdict? Love it. Tons of fun. ME-262 and Reppuu here I come. 

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles
7 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Big weekend for me. 

I got the following ships:
Iowa
Missouri
Baltimore
Fiji
Queen Elizabeth

Got a Kraken in the Mo. 

I spent about 45 million credits and 8k dubloons (for XP conversioN) to get all the ships purchased and outfitted. Fortunately, the dubloons came from Oct Rev crates. 

I like the MIssouri and Iowa, though my win rate is pretty abysmal. I'm not a fan of the Baltimore (so far). I've only had one game in the Fiji and it's OK. The QE is OK too. 

Grats man thats a nice haul :)

keep practicing mighty mo will reward you handsomely 

6 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I actually did something weird this weekend. I tried out WoWP for the first time.

Verdict? Love it. Tons of fun. ME-262 and Reppuu here I come. 

I may need to give this a look see

As for my weekend it was meh but nobodies fault but my own. At least I achieved my goals so there is that

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
2 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I may need to give this a look see

It's certainly not very realistic but... I mean neither are WoWS or WoT, yeah? Elements of realism with a healthy dose of liberties in the name of fun. One thing I'm noticing is that they'll populate random battles with bots to fill out rosters so you always have a sky full of targets. I've ended up in a lot of low tier battles with two or three players n each side along with about a dozen bots. Now, that may sound weird, but for this game it works well. Lots and lots of stuff to dogfight and shoot and a special kind of thrill if you spot an enemy human player to take on. It's a little like Titanfall how you have enemy players but also a ton of enemy AI to make things feel a lot bigger than they are. 

Not sure if the battles become mostly humans in higher tiers. It's certainly possible, but the player pop is pretty low in NA. For now I'm seeing very fast queue times with long, enjoyable battles so I'm not complaining. 

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,542 posts
4,184 battles

I did pretty poorly this weekend. Honestly, I'm starting to get burned out on the game at this point. I just can't seem to get on the same page as my teammates, and RNG has been pretty aggravating as of late. Hopefully the Cesare can reinvigorate my interest in playing. 

Had some enjoyable games in my Katori and Yubari this weekend, and had a cracking game in my Nelson to finish off my Sunday. On the other hand, I'm finding the October Revolution to be an utter chore right now. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

Got really fed up with a huge losing streak. Really tired of seeing my entire team in the rear view mirror every time. Then found a clan division and got my sanity back.

Oh, and 100%ed the Yamamoto Campaign, which was nice.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,397 battles

I cycled through my Tier 9 and 10 BBs throughout the weekend to try and complete some Yamamoto tasks I skipped over in the rush to complete the campaign, then after grabbing my containers I went over to WoWP to try it out.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,829 battles

Well to start will this weekend I actually got to go on a WoWs Spree. Because after over 2 months I finally have replaced my laptop and can play this game. Its a very nice laptop and even has a proper graphics chip though its not the top of the line. I'm now able to play the game at medium setting with 70+ FPS and I load into the game so fast. So Saturday evening after down loading WoWs I was like, 

n6rpy6h.gif

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My weekend went alright, considering the astonishing lack of strategic play I experienced this weekend. Perhaps it is best summarized by this result:

8pbqyZy.jpg

What is crazy about that is that the 8th kill came as the clock ticked 0, to give us a 1 point lead.

[PVE]
Members
5,640 posts
18,231 battles

I finally got my third 19 point captain, a Russian one this time. Completed stage four of the "Honors" campaign but have put the final stage on hold to focus on the "Yamato" campaign. Am only two stars short of unlocking the final task in the fourth stage of it. Have hit a nice benchmark for free xp to get the Nelson, am now less than 100k from being able to get the ship. It does not seem so out of reach now. 

I also received the most coveted and most rare achievement last night... I am finally a "Senior Supply Officer" with 1000 crates opened! I know everyone is jealous but just bask in the light of my glory.... This achievement as well as the "Saving Captain Jenkins" achievement must make me a super player! I really like the gif for Jenkins, hand holding a chicken leg.... 

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Had some losses and some bad games, but did finally break the 100k damage mark in the October Revolution which I've been trying to do since I picked her up. 

oZet33u.jpg

[ADAPT]
Members
828 posts
13,091 battles

Got the lion after painfully grind through t10 battles.  Out  of 10 battles in monarch, manage to win 2.. Still need 60k exp for lion even 4 hour grind, open premium shops, buy doubloon, convert it, sell monarch. Buy lion, end up having  10k credits after all upgrades. Miaw. 

Thought Lion would be better than Monarch, meh, very2 slow turret and 30s reload are very frustrated. Erm.

Weekend is very frustrated time to grind, thought lot of free time when gf away for work, play like hell to get the Lion. End up from 25m to 10k credits. Thinking what the hell I've been doing 2 years playing.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Had about a 60-63% win rate over Friday, Saturday, Sunday, but damage output was down. 

Unlocked the Udaloi and had a 90k+ damage game in her, first game. Unfortunately, a loss. 

Members
1,459 posts
12,348 battles

Finished Yami missions, now on to collectibles...  Finished Pensi grind, 27 pretty enjoyable random match to finish, will consider buying back later, got the New Orleans and Oh My God, what a hunk of junk, free experience past the base hull, first match tiered up to 10 and I was the only tier 8 on either team (thanks MM), then in the next six games had tears of desert epicenter twice, which has to be one of the worst maps for the short ranged NO... really a terrible cruiser in tier 8, do not have enough free exp to go past, so I will have to endure the pain for a long time... finished George 5th, and bought the Monarch.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,253 posts

Well, I finished the Yamamoto collection and the 1,000,000 US damage mission, but that's about it.

Mainly it was stinky.  Got RNG trolled most of the time; saw numerous 2 or 3 player pve games that turned out losses, because our bots melted w/o killing their counterparts, then the human players got picked off one by one.

Switched to pvp, and got some pretty gross matches.  ALL the high tier BB games were garbage- MAN I hate the hide at range and snipe at ships that ride the edge of detectability meta...  I usually ended up just going for it, to try and at least hit something before I got focused down.  That way the pain would end faster.  Nothing you can say will make folks push up and fight as a group these days.

DD games were eh- okay.  Same cruddy meta most of the time, but at least I got to do something.   (playing cat and mouse with an IJN DD to keep him spotted, for instance- I'm sure he found it VERY annoying that I kept dodging his torps,lol!)   One glorious game, I got to do what RU DD's do best:  Hammer low health/ not paying attention BB's and CA's relentlessly.   I also hit one of those same BB's with a nice torp salvo.  Then, of course, my team collapsed- and I was suddenly the focus of everyone's attention.

Learning to play this DD (Gnevny) in pvp is slow going so far.  At least I'm most of the way through it.

Played 1 game in Leningrad, just to try it.  I quite like this one!  It was in pve, but we got a mostly bot team- and THEY were mainly cruisers.  Thus I had aggressive cruiser support most of the match.  Amazing the difference that makes,lol.   Wasted their IJN DD-with torps- right after he killed ours in a smoke cloud.  to secure the cap.  then went and found dummies to hammer and hammer and hammer!

One other bright spot:  The Revolution containers switched from 1 day premium- 1 day premium; 1 day premium, etc to giving me free xp- 5k at a time.

I also discovered that I hate Emerald with a passion- almost as much as I hated seeing multiple Scharnhorsts and Atlantas in EVERY game I played in it...   Considering I feel the same way about Leander, I think it's time to jettison this line for good.  I'll just keep Black Swan, Caledon, and Danae for low tier fun.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,815 posts
10,343 battles

Goodbye terrible Monarch, hello Lion the beautiful.