You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Clan Battle Reward: Stalingrad-Class Battlecruiser

14 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,305 posts
9,131 battles

Any wagers on how OP this bad boy clan reward ship will be?

If Moskva is any indication, she'll be pretty strong.  Most reward ships are.  Doubtful she'll ever go on sale to the general population.

Pure speculation, but I fully expect her to have radar (as a battleship) and a wicked top speed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalingrad-class_battlecruiser

Capture.JPG

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

All I care about is it's not Musashi or some other ship I have a personal attachment to. Rock on, clan people. Enjoy your ship. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,405 battles

...It's a faster, less-armored, less-AA Alaska, isn't it?

I have to wonder how common they'll be, considering these pilot requirements lock out the chance to any clan that can't earn 30 wins (the first 15 of them in the top league). They might soften them in future seasons, but right now it's looking pretty steep.

Then again, the changed economy might mean there's more clans going and winning out of sheer perserverance, since a Clan Battles win guarantees around 120,000 credits (minus paint/camo/etc) and a loss only costs a max 30,000 credits (again, minus add-ons), so if I gather right, it's cheaper than Random battles unless you invest in premium and permacamos.

Edited by PelicanHazard

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

I dunno. The clan reward tanks in WoT were solid, but not "OMG" amazing. Thought I did like the M60 more than the M48, for some reason. 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I'm just now totally confused. It is a battlecruiser. It was designed and built as such, and it's a cruiser? What? So any BC can arbitrarily be a cruiser? How the heck does that work?!?!?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

I'm just now totally confused. It is a battlecruiser. It was designed and built as such, and it's a cruiser? What? So any BC can arbitrarily be a cruiser? How the heck does that work?!?!?

It's Russian.

3zoU3vJ.gif

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,405 battles
2 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

If you allow a moment of tinfoil, I'd say WG is looking ahead to future Clan Wars reward ships and decided that's what they'd do with Alaska so it can keep its official "large cruiser" designation, and therefore Stalingrad must be classified the same way.

[-K-]
Members
5,305 posts
9,131 battles
14 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

It's Russian.

3zoU3vJ.gif

Best gif I've seen in a long time......+1!

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
16 minutes ago, PelicanHazard said:

If you allow a moment of tinfoil, I'd say WG is looking ahead to future Clan Wars reward ships and decided that's what they'd do with Alaska so it can keep its official "large cruiser" designation, and therefore Stalingrad must be classified the same way.

Of all the ships I don't want locked away behind CW, it's Alaska.

Members
1,640 posts
7,482 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

How I feel over Musashi, all you can do is hope.

..or start a forum riot if it happens. :Smile_hiding:

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,147 battles
10 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Given how many people who would want it, I think WG would end up with Alaska-gate, similar to the Alabama fiasco...  or maybe not... who knows..

B