You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IcyThor

Strafe

5 comments in this topic

Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

Can anyone recommend a video that shows the simple basics of strafing?  When I try to strafe what I see is different from the images in Wiki.  I watched a few videos but they are about advanced strafing strategy.  I need to be able to see something that shows me how to start a strafe.  Or even a good written description. 

Icy

[ICOP]
Members
690 posts
11,444 battles

Here is a good basic tutorial on strafing, courtesy of NoZoupForYou. It was done when Tiers 4 and 5 could still strafe, but the lessons are the same. Hope it helps!

Respects,

Am

• Cool 2

Members
2,092 posts
4,031 battles

It's simple hold the alt key and practice aiming that box in front of red planes. I think I have some screen shots just before or after a strafe on my igur. Don't think it will really help because it's something you have to figure out for yourself, at least beyond the very basics. Which is "Hold alt and learn to aim".

Despite how mean that sounds it's a skill akin to leading ships when using your main battery for surface ships. 

• Cool 1

Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

Thanks for the info.  I aim the box but the strafe never seems to start.  I will keep trying. 

Icy

Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

I sent a squadron out at the beginning of the game and experimented with the box.  I learned how to set it in position.  Its going to take me practice to get this right.  Thanks again for the into.  It got me on the right path.