Rabbitt81

Low tier seal clubbing isn't constructive.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

87 posts in this topic

I enjoy playing my Mikasa and tier 3 BB's occasionally, maybe a couple times a week in random.

About half of the matches involve divisions of V-25s or Clemsons tearing through the map, torp spamming their way to victory.

Players who stat pad by picking on newer players repeatedly- I see the same players doing this match after match-  could be driving away newer players.

Not sure on a way to limit this activity. Perhaps a cap on low tier Divisions to two players? That wouldn't help honest divisions trying to teach new players in random though Co-op is a thing for that anyways.

Nerfing the seal clubbers' ships of choice? A new game mode?

I believe this is a topic that needs serious discussion in the community.

I would like this game to continue to be successful but the lower tier matches in random are full of experienced players praying on the general game population.

I have friends that are still at lower tiers, so I div with them.

I have clan mates that are alpha and beta testers that simply don't like mid/high tiers and only play low tiers. I don't really run with them, but it doesn't have much to do with the tier as it is the player. I just have different objectives in the game than they do. They like the simplicity of the lower tiers. They like the Jutland era more than the WWII era.

It's just a matter of taste.

A lot of the "sealclubbers" aren't there to pad stats. They're there because they like the meta down at those tiers more or they have a fascination with the ships of those tiers. 

This is a warship game. People are going to be drawn to different aspects of warship design.

It's not all about stat padding. In fact... I would wager that most of it isn't

players must have lots Of interest in WW1 destroyers then.  Just about every low tier match is 4 to 5 DD's deep per side. There is a reason for that-Lack of torp dodging skills in cruiser and Battleships players. 

2 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

players must have lots Of interest in WW1 destroyers then.  Just about every low tier match is 4 to 5 DD's deep per side. There is a reason for that-Lack of torp dodging skills in cruiser and Battleships players. 

I'm not even a good player, and a Clemson is a blast to play with.  You have to know I'm not stat-padding with it.  wth would I pad?

I have older ships in my port.  There are ships I like to mess with, just because...well, just because.  Wyoming is a slow old tub, with a big shotgun, not particularly accurate outside 10 km, but inside 10km you don't want to be in the way.  I don't think you'll see anyone stat-padding in that thing, though.

Different people, different reasons.  If you want to lower the DD numbers, take one out yourself, or take a cruiser out, and kill a couple DDs.  Adapt, don't complain.

For me, (12k+ games,) running something like Langley in low tiers is more about getting through CV tasks/missions as painlessly as possible, since experience has made it plain to me there's not point in even trying to in higher tiers.

Generally I play low tiers exclusively in Co-op; but like a few others have said about low-tier ships, St Louis (NOT the cheese-eating wine-drinker,) is an absolute blast to play when you actually understand how to aim, angle, and hide.

9 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

players must have lots Of interest in WW1 destroyers then. 

Half of my interest in this game is learning the history of the warships involved. I make it a point to read up on both the ship and class of ship with each one I unlock. WWI was a long time ago and the ships involved are lesser known than those of WWII. Like with Red Baron, it's sometimes more fun playing the earlier versions of the craft involved. 

I was just playing the Nassau. Why? Because I felt like it. I'm not going to sculpt my experience of WoWs around "ethics" so that I don't affect anyone else negatively. I wouldn't even have fun if I did that.

"I can't play these ships because some people don't like them."

"I can't play these tiers because some people say it's unethical."

"I can't play carriers because some people say they're unfair or mean or whatever."

"I can't breathe in the wrong direction because the air might hit someone."

I enjoy playing all tiers, so, I play all tiers. Many players do, there's not nearly as much clubbing going on as you think.

Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

I was just playing the Nassau. Why? Because I felt like it. I'm not going to sculpt my experience of WoWs around "ethics" so that I don't affect anyone else negatively. I wouldn't even have fun if I did that.

"I can't play carriers because some people say they're unfair or mean or whatever."

Word, word, word, and word.

Also, word.

So I am to do follow your every word just because you are triggered that you actually have to try in low tiers too?  Listen, you'll find good players and bad players at every tier, it really doesn't make a difference.

Edited by DoctorMcDerp

I love playing lower tiers.  I've got a real soft spot for WWI thru the 30's era BBs, and I would hate to see much limitation put on these ships.  Maybe limit captain skills?  You should be able to have just as much fun in a Konig Albert with a 5 point captain as you can with a 19 point captain.  Unless your only enjoyment comes from seal-clubbing.

I have a 19 point captain in my Derzki because it's just plain old fun. Lower tiers are an equalizer. You can pad your win rate maybe and your kills and kill ratio, but you can't get the damage totals and xp that you can at higher tiers.

19  point in derpski  sheesh.  who need more than 10 pointer anyway  :P

So you're saying good players should be excluded from certain tiers because they are "too good?" What if that's their favourite ship?

That's like saying you can't play backyard basketball with your mates because you are "too good."  Because you are "preying" on other basketballers....

....Does that mean bad players should be excluded from high tiers (T5+ apparently?) because they are "too bad?"

....I doubt T4 seal clubbers frustrate people any more than constantly facing T7s in their T5s.   

Captain skills need to be capped to 10 points for tiers 5 and below.

For example only 10 captain skilll points is “active” if you’re using a 19 point captain to temper down the “abuse”. 

Just like how boxers are matched to opponents per weight class, there just isn’t any sport or competitiveness in having a few 19 point captain ships lol-stomping newbies with 1 or 2 point captains other than ego stroking schadenfreude or stat padding. 

I say this both as a victim and a perp. As a victim nothing was more frustrating when I started playing wows and encountered mini-Minotaurs (Black Swans) at tier 1 with bft/aft/ce etc. 

As a perp, I feel dirty sticking my 19 point IJN dd captain in my kami r. As OP as it already is, it just plainly gets ridiculous with rpf/tae/ar. 

My best guess is that WG knows this already but encourages it to get people to spend doubloons converting xp to captain xp. 

destroyer players enjoy low tiers because they don't have to deal with [edited] instant win buttons Radar.

Git gud

Stop coddling the newbeans and maybe they'll learn to do something besides fail their way to tier 10. 

Just add the anti-clubber MM they have in WoT. I think there is a 1K game cut off below Tier 5 and then the game switches you to the experienced/seal clubber bracket so you can all club each other and leave the fresh ones alone.

Not seal clubbing at all I'm trying out German DD's so I'm just to move on because ? I don't mind when seal clubbers show up because sometimes they get outplayed and I'm the one who outplayed them,  and to me a seal clubber would be someone in a t7 hoping a bunch of t5 get put in their MM......

1 hour ago, Elegant_Winter said:

So. Much. This.

I enjoy all the tiers.  My battle experience shouldn't exclude me from the lower tiers of the game just because I've played a lot.

A real new player will be at tier 3 for one evening and then would have enough xp to be at tier 4, one more evening and they are at tier 5. If in the process they got to deal with some torpedoes and have learned to not move predictably, great, if not they were beyond help and nothing you do will change that.

You know what is worse than older payers playing at low tiers? Older players not playing at low tiers, 5 minute wait times for new people, game looking like a ghost town for them, never learning how to play the game when the repair costs are low  and instead runing face first into tier 7890 ships with torps and radar and manual drops and insta kill volleys from bbs, and perma fires. Why not let new people learn at tier three? Do you think it will be better to learn all that at tier 7?

Edited by gloom13