You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Meh?

13 comments in this topic

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

Not whining, certainly not trolling, just an honest reaction and wondering if others are feeling the same.

I haven't played in over a month although I engage in the forum. Not "leaving" or anything like that, still enamoured with the game and love my little fleet, but...

Is it just me or have things sort of become rather 'meh' of late?

[As in random auto-losses being put on teams with a collective room temperature IQ or game smarts finally got really old. And as in I have not learned to like Coop yet.]

[BRN_2]
[BRN_2]
Members
4,222 posts
10,477 battles

I don't know if I would characterize the game as "meh", but speaking strictly for myself, I enjoy Co-Op a bit more than Randoms for a couple of reasons:

1.  Bots are not pushovers, but they are predictable.  Some would say this makes it boring, but I find it relaxing.

2.  Far fewer lemming teams.  Funny, but when the bots lem, they get slaughtered so I find myself wondering why this lesson never gets to the Randoms.

• Cool 1

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
8 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Far fewer lemming teams.  Funny, but when the bots lem, they get slaughtered so I find myself wondering why this lesson never gets to the Randoms.

lol

Really, I am working on trying Coop.

[BRN_2]
[BRN_2]
Members
4,222 posts
10,477 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

lol

Really, I am working on trying Coop.

I find it a pleasant break from all the craziness in Randoms.  Higher tier economy is not great, especially if you don't do well, and I really wish WG would fix that.  If someone wants to grind a Tier IX ship, it should cost a fortune or take 1000 games to get a B hull or something...

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

Well kind of Meh is right, The scenario isn't worth playing too many people don't seem to know what to do and this weeks one is actually hard to do with just any old random team (next weeks scenario will bring more joy). Nothing but losing money so I quit this weeks farce. I mean come on tier 3 and 4 tier ships, that act like tier 9 ships and I am in a tier 6, really? Co op is great fun but doesn't pay out enough at the tiers that there are players at. If no other players are around the bots and the 1 or 2 real people yolo in and get killed by the bots and then there are 5 or 6 bots swarming to you and then you lose to bots and feel really silly about yourself. Random battles you are the lone tier 8, 7, 6 in an uptiered battle. Wargaming doesn't seem to think there is any problem with that, and won't try a 2 tier Match Maker for some sadistic reason. Besides that, the game is great and I like it more than any other game with teams. Well any other game that still exists, that is.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Not whining, certainly not trolling, just an honest reaction and wondering if others are feeling the same.

I haven't played in over a month although I engage in the forum. Not "leaving" or anything like that, still enamoured with the game and love my little fleet, but...

[As in random auto-losses being put on teams with a collective room temperature IQ or game smarts finally got really old. And as in I have not learned to like Coop yet.]

Radar and invisible ships at spitting distance and silly ideas like the pan tree and brit bbs are simply uninstall time.

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,696 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Hey Stauffenberg - feels to me like the calm before a storm w/the completion of the October Revolution mission, release of the Pan Asian DD line & Clan wars starting w/ the upgrade on the 18th.  I would also expect the holiday promos & some Missions/Campaigns like last year’s Graf Spee & Santas Convoy Missions to Star within a month or so...

Should make things more interesting shortly....

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
26 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If no other players are around the bots and the 1 or 2 real people yolo in and get killed by the bots and then there are 5 or 6 bots swarming to you and then you lose to bots and feel really silly about yourself.

Fun times in CVs... You either carry the bloody bots and make a killing co-op xp-wise; or burn and die like a dog... I generally get out and support the bots as best I can, because if they can survive the initial stupid suicide rush, they generally do pretty good.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Fun times in CVs... You either carry the bloody bots and make a killing co-op xp-wise; or burn and die like a dog... I generally get out and support the bots as best I can, because if they can survive the initial stupid suicide rush, they generally do pretty good.

It is fun when you are all alone with the bots and then you win.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It is fun when you are all alone with the bots and then you win.

The 'Classic' 1 versus 15... :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I can not agree more. Playing CVs in PvE as the only human is really fun and a challenge. Success is not at all guaranteed like most Coop games. I really like playing like that. You are right, if your bots survive the initial fight, they actually do pretty well. Their ability to hit a target seems really poor but their tactics are usually sound. I watched a wounded bot CA disengage from a fight at A and go cap B... I was kind of impressed with that. 

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
7 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

Hey Stauffenberg - feels to me like the calm before a storm w/the completion of the October Revolution mission, release of the Pan Asian DD line & Clan wars starting w/ the upgrade on the 18th.  I would also expect the holiday promos & some Missions/Campaigns like last year’s Graf Spee & Santas Convoy Missions to Star within a month or so...

Should make things more interesting shortly....

Now all that sounds interesting ty.