Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
1An0maly1

Advice for Citadel through the Bow

6 comments in this topic

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,018 posts
2,686 battles

Hey guys, I'm not a particularly great bb player but I have fun so who cares. Anyways one thing I have never gotten the knack for is shooting citadels through the bow. I play a Yamato. Where do you aim? Waterline on the bow? The very tip of the upper bow? Somewhere in between?

Any advice is sorely appreciated. 

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,562 posts
3,539 battles

Depends on the range and if there sitting still, moving forward or reversing. I say practice in the training room would help

[-K-]
Members
643 posts
8,658 battles

They're unbalanced anyways. 10k just from pens is enough. Sorry you want your battleship to nuke everything.

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,018 posts
2,686 battles
55 minutes ago, MrEndeavour said:

They're unbalanced anyways. 10k just from pens is enough. Sorry you want your battleship to nuke everything.

Gotta deal with the fact that I'm the only battleship with an above water swimming pool of a citadel somehow at the tiers I see. 

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

Pretty much it's just luck I have hit them high I have it them low and center front and back at all ranges and still can't figure out how it really works. It seems like it's up to the RNG and that is like Slot Machines which I never win at also. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. If it comes to gambling I depend on Poker, more skill is involved. Which is why I think that I make any points in the game at all. Being lucky it seems is big part of this game to me. Lucky to get on a good team. Lucky if your shells don' just go all around the whole ship you aimed at. Lucky if you can start a fire with a full salvo of HE on a ship that has 33% chance to start a fire, and you can't get a fire to start in five full salvos. I could go on and on but I think you get my point. Skill will only get you so far in this game with out some good luck. So Good Luck to you.

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

I don't own a Yamato, but logic suggests it has a lot to do with range.

Your shell has to pass through the bow armor plating and then fly through the entire nose section and then hit citadel. This means that shell should be coming at reasonably flat angle and it will hugely depend on the ship you're trying to citadel. Say, GK is stupidly massive and it's nose section is half the length of an entire Yamato and there's nothing of use there :Smile-_tongue:. But then it means that you need an even flatter angle to cit GK through the nose.

If you're too far, shell will most likely just drop vertically through the deck armor and not hit anything important.

Say, this is Monty below. Want to citadel her from the front, red line is sort of the maximum angle to the horizontal that a shell can have to pen the bow and make it into ammo racks. If you want to get the engine spaces, you'll need even flatter arc, meaning much closer distance. You see, blue shell coming at steeper angle is nowhere near citadel.

So you gotta get in closer and good luck with that in Yamato :)

Monty.thumb.JPG.42995e486ad7c9b7935f0aa19910c920.JPG

P.S. Don't citadel people through the bow, it's annoying :cap_haloween:

Edited by geser98

Sign in to follow this