You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vulgarr

New Premium Preview

21 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,175 battles

Nice review. I am most interested in your fun factor rating of 4. I want to sail 'fun' ships and don't keep ones that aren't fun. How did you build out the captain? I heard you say you didn't use Superintendent but what would you recommend?

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

When/if I finally get my hands on her, she's just gonna be the Julius Cesar whenever I do my reviews :cap_book:

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
304 posts
6,749 battles
10 hours ago, Khafni said:

Nice review. I am most interested in your fun factor rating of 4. I want to sail 'fun' ships and don't keep ones that aren't fun. How did you build out the captain? I heard you say you didn't use Superintendent but what would you recommend?

Currently this is the build I am using with it.  making use of the AA guns and the ability to switch back and forth from HE to AP quickly.

cap.png

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles
12 hours ago, TabbyHopkins said:

The "JOO-leo Ches-R-aye" I guess.....

Italian is such a weird language with the "C"s.

All you have to know is every rule involving c, cc, ch, cch. How is that hard? Next lesson dialect variations. :Smile_ohmy:

Also the giu portion of Giulio is a bit more subtle than a German spotting a Hebrew in 1939 Poland. 

Edited by SparvieroVV

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles

Waiting for this ship to come out. Seems like it's going to be a T5 Scharnhorst and then it would be worth every penny. 

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles

At best it will be Friday. Don’t expect the current level of oxygen stored in your lungs to be a sufficient amount to last until the ship goes on sale. :cap_fainting:

Beta Testers
10 posts
3,824 battles

I have checked the history of released ships. 40% (round about) were released on tuesdays, 40% were released on thursdays and the rest is monday and friday.

Edit:

[DAKI]
Members
189 posts
7,427 battles

^

My thoughts exactly, she looks really fun and I want her but T5MM is horrendous, same issue I have with Gangut, good ship, bad tier.

[S_B]
Members
416 posts
10,762 battles

I bought the Cesare a few hours ago for $24.99 but work out of town so won't get to play her till Monday. Tier 5 BB's can do fine even when up tiered and this one has everything it needs to excel as a Tier 5 BB. She has excellent speed for a Tier 5 BB so it will add to the fun of playing her.

Edited by dust340man

[-GPS-]
Members
2,545 posts
25,082 battles
On 10/17/2017 at 5:38 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Looks to be a Better Kongo than Kongo herself.  Too bad MM sh*ts on Tier V.

She doesn't feel the same as Kongo. Significantly more agile in terms of rudder shift, rate of turn and turning circle. It's been a long time since I played Kongo, but Giulio Cesare's guns don't feel as accurate and the AP doesn't hit as hard at distance. However, the HE fire chance is 35%. 

[BRZKR]
304 posts
6,749 battles
On 10/28/2017 at 1:01 AM, Landing_Skipper said:

She doesn't feel the same as Kongo. Significantly more agile in terms of rudder shift, rate of turn and turning circle. It's been a long time since I played Kongo, but Giulio Cesare's guns don't feel as accurate and the AP doesn't hit as hard at distance. However, the HE fire chance is 35%. 

Swap out your 2nd module for aiming systems and she's more like the first test version of the ship.  A lot more accurate and deadly.

Edited by Vulgarr

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles

I have the accuracy module and I still wouldn’t claim the ship is accurate. Every now and then RNG applies 1.9 sigma at salvos below 10k. That’s still enough to get a 60k average so I’m not complaining. 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,545 posts
25,082 battles
20 hours ago, Vulgarr said:

Swap out your 2nd module for target acquisition and she's more like the first test version of the ship.  A lot more accurate and deadly.

20 hours ago, SparvieroVV said:

I have the accuracy module and I still wouldn’t claim the ship is accurate. Every now and then RNG applies 1.9 sigma at salvos below 10k. That’s still enough to get a 60k average so I’m not complaining. 

I run Aiming System Mod 1 on virtually every BB, with the exception of Bismarck, Tirpitz, and high Tier USN BBs which have access to a special accuracy module.  Giulio Cesare isn't very accurate.  The Konig was accurate when it had 2.0 Sigma.  This isn't it.

[BRZKR]
304 posts
6,749 battles
8 hours ago, Landing_Skipper said:

I run Aiming System Mod 1 on virtually every BB, with the exception of Bismarck, Tirpitz, and high Tier USN BBs which have access to a special accuracy module.  Giulio Cesare isn't very accurate.  The Konig was accurate when it had 2.0 Sigma.  This isn't it.

Yeah originally when we were testing it, the 1st version of the ship had a dispersion of only 138 meters.  It was laser accurate. Most of the time if you fired at a broadside target with all 10 guns, you'd get 9 penetrations. It was devastating. So many of us CC's and testers alike advised a slight nerf to the guns or else everyone in the game would have full blown deletion machines and tier 4/5 would be pretty much dead.
So the dispersion was increased to make it less OP and I think it works. However for players that want a taste of what that 1st version was like, the aiming systems module gets you close.

Edited by Vulgarr

[BRZKR]
304 posts
6,749 battles
5 hours ago, SparvieroVV said:

138 to 226 and German dispersion is a slight downgrade? 

maniacal-laugh-gif-9.gif

Oh I didn't say the nerf was slight, I said we asked for a slight nerf. lol Big difference in what was requested and what was delivered.