You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Free sailing, port sailing, tingle to mingle.

Cool?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Free sailing

• Yes i really want this
    • Its a cool idea, but other things are priority
    • Nah, i wouldn't bother
    • No
    • Make something else that's more interactive, like convoys and shipping.
    • other
  2. 2. I wanna tingle and mingle

14 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had something we could do with all our beautifully collected boats?  Itd be fun to ride around, explore the maps, sail around in port saying hello to other people. Sail inside the clan marina.  Deck out your ship with timed decorative consumables for a shore party (silver sink anyone?!?!) (fire off fireworks). 

What if you could load into a 22 player non-battle map just to hang out for 20 minutes or so.  Sail around, admire peoples camos and flags.  Practice sailing in formation...

Edited by BlailBlerg
  • Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

All weapons disabled

Unless your name is Willy D Porter

Edited by BlailBlerg

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,852 battles

I think I'd want something to shoot at; even if it's just small fry like Schnellboots. Something like training room with respawning active/unarmed bots would be neat.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles
6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Do we make Credits?

Nope, its literally for cruising around.  You have plenty of battle options, and adding more is very much a different feature suggestion. 

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

i still really want free sailing for kicking back fun. =(

Something to show off all my botes.  I have too many botes now. 

[SAPR]
Members
207 posts
14,573 battles

So how would this be different then  loading up the training room?

[WOLF8]
Members
90 posts
2,071 battles
On 10/23/2017 at 4:30 AM, Suryn said:

So how would this be different then  loading up the training room?

I'm thinking something similar to 'Destiny' and the tower would be interesting.  Have an option to go to port like we currently have for modifications, and add the option to go underway.  It'll send you to one of the servers that's on a rolling 30 player system, one leaves then it's open for another to automatically join.  No tier restrictions, no ammo, no consumables etc.  It can be where you can pick players to division with, tips on game play, etc.  You have the option to click battle from there or return to port.   Unfortunately it'll never happen as WG business is making money, not appeasing to the player unless it nerfing/buffing.  They'll also pop ships out like nobody's business and throw a $50 price tag on it.

[SAPR]
Members
207 posts
14,573 battles

So about the only difference between this and training rooms is guns are disabled, and people can join an in progress match?

[WOLF8]
Members
90 posts
2,071 battles
46 minutes ago, Suryn said:

So about the only difference between this and training rooms is guns are disabled, and people can join an in progress match?

Ehh, yes and no.  Training rooms are there for the most part, training.  It has to be set up by a host. This would be something that would throw you into a non battle session randomly.  It's there for talking to other players in the session and to division with people you don't know "before" clicking battle, not during the loading screen.  So yes, like a training room but without a host and teams.  Yes, it's kind of like joining an in progress match because you're joining a non battle session that's already started and never really ends.  Clicking the (BATTLE) icon while in this session will send you to a new PVP queue as if you did the same thing while in port. Clicking on (Return to Port) will... do so.   Look at is as a middle step between Port and Battle that you can bypass easily.  Yes, probably a dumb idea but hey, it could turn into something... :cap_haloween:

Members
1,650 posts
13,685 battles

at first I was ready to scoff but this isn't such a bad idea. ....I guess no weapons drawn, but it's kinda like if the sides agreed to a "2daries duel" and just sailed around in the mutual agreement not to start anything (never happen, I know, just not impossible)... ....I have seen it when there's just 2 CVs left that might 2daries duel....but I don't think I saw it with both totally bereft of planes, which would be ideal...