Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IAF_NASTY

The Lion and Conquer will cause you go lose....

16 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Members
176 posts
9,046 battles

Karma from the red team...at least that’s been my experience so far. I guess they don’t like being set on fire :cap_yes: 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

Not surprising. Do you know how irritating (and deadly) it is to extinguish 3 or 4 fires, and the next salvo knocks off 8K HP and lights two more on your angled BB?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

This is different to Zaō and Moskva how? They already do this, at a far faster rate too.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles
8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

This is different to Zaō and Moskva how? They already do this, at a far faster rate too.

You can knock half the HP off the Zao and Moskva in one salvo pretty easily with a BB, not so much the Conqueror and Lion.

[TF16B]
Members
176 posts
9,046 battles

I’m wondering if others have had the same experience  between the Lion and the Conq I’ve lost around 8 Karma.  Games in which I’ve more than carried my weight... Not that karma is worth anything it just ticks me off a tad :cap_rambo:

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

You can knock half the HP off the Zao and Moskva in one salvo pretty easily with a BB, not so much the Conqueror and Lion.

That wasn't what I was comparing. 

You said:

28 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Not surprising. Do you know how irritating (and deadly) it is to extinguish 3 or 4 fires, and the next salvo knocks off 8K HP and lights two more on your angled BB?

And I replied as such, based on this right here, plus, Zaō has the stealth, speed, and troll armor; and Moskva has the range, troll armor, and speed to keep you guessing with your aim and missing.

If a Zaō captain is aware of your aim, he's going to make it extremely difficult to get that "half the HP" salvo. 

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
4 minutes ago, IAF_NASTY said:

I’m wondering if others have had the same experience  between the Lion and the Conq I’ve lost around 8 Karma.  Games in which I’ve more than carried my weight... Not that karma is worth anything it just ticks me off a tad :cap_rambo:

Who cares.  They're probably those numerous idiots who use DCP on 1 fire.

Members
6,898 posts
7,508 battles
33 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Do you know how irritating and game ending it is to eat cits from a BB no matter what WASD hax you use in a cruiser?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles
2 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Do you know how irritating and game ending it is to eat cits from a BB no matter what WASD hax you use in a cruiser?

Yup, if you can torch me to the waterline ducking in and out of stealth, I should have a decent chance to delete you in return. It's called balanced and fair.

7 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

That wasn't what I was comparing. 

You said:

And I replied as such, based on this right here, plus, Zaō has the stealth, speed, and troll armor; and Moskva has the range, troll armor, and speed to keep you guessing with your aim and missing.

If a Zaō captain is aware of your aim, he's going to make it extremely difficult to get that "half the HP" salvo. 

Difficult, yes. Impossible, no. If he's far enough away to reliably dodge shells, I have a decent chance of engaging WASD hacks of my own, and a 16" AP shell is probably going to catch up with him eventually. If he's close enough so WASD doesn't work, his won't work either, and he has a greater chance of getting deleted. Both ships are tricky to deal with for sure, but they can be dealt with.

The Conqueror can torch you the same way, with ridiculous stealth, except he just needs to sit bow on, and when he's eaten enough pens, he'll just heal it all back. His citadel is nearly impossible to hit, so unless he's a complete moron sailing broadside on, there is no way you win that fight unless you're a Yamato.

[TF16B]
Members
176 posts
9,046 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Who cares.  They're probably those numerous idiots who use DCP on 1 fire.

Haha! You would be very surprised how many I’ve seen do just that 

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
2 minutes ago, IAF_NASTY said:

Haha! You would be very surprised how many I’ve seen do just that 

Me and my Division mates love those kind of players.  Most especially when they're BBs.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
32 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Because now the ship that is hurting their poor, abused tunaboats cannot be deleted in one or two salvoes, and they are being forced to endure the long and painful deaths they have meted out to others for so long.

Life is hard!

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,643 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

The Conqueror can torch you the same way, with ridiculous stealth, except he just needs to sit bow on, and when he's eaten enough pens, he'll just heal it all back. His citadel is nearly impossible to hit, so unless he's a complete moron sailing broadside on, there is no way you win that fight unless you're a Yamato.

I don't want Solo Conks on my team. Conk is third behind GK and Yammy on the NA in overall win rate. In 2 ship divisions it leads. In three ship divisions Yammy leads, and Yammy, Conk, and Monty are within .30% of each other.

Conclusion: GK and Yammy are better for the team. Conk's gaudy and annoying damage doesn't get wins. 180k damage in Conk is like 130k in another T10 BB.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles
7 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I don't want Solo Conks on my team. Conk is third behind GK and Yammy on the NA in overall win rate. In 2 ship divisions it leads. In three ship divisions Yammy leads, and Yammy, Conk, and Monty are within .30% of each other.

Conclusion: GK and Yammy are better for the team. Conk's gaudy and annoying damage doesn't get wins. 180k damage in Conk is like 130k in another T10 BB.

Maybe, but that isn't much solace for the targeted BB. It's even worse for cruiser, angle away, and the volley knock 10K HP off, wrecks your AAA, and knocks out either your steering or engine.

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,643 battles
10 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Maybe, but that isn't much solace for the targeted BB. It's even worse for cruiser, angle away, and the volley knock 10K HP off, wrecks your AAA, and knocks out either your steering or engine.

Nope, it isn't much solace. But -- HE flinging Conk is a losing Conk, so if he is flinging HE at me, I know he isn't being as effective as he could. It's solace for me. I'd rather have the W and suck up the damage, than face an AP firing Conk who knows what he is doing. 

[ZR]
Members
958 posts
11,277 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

They dont do the raw HE damage the Conq does and they cant tank 200+k damage, and they dont have the alpha ap strike either.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this