Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

Okhotnik would have bought if offered after the rental was up

76 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

455
[TBOW]
Members
1,920 posts
13,156 battles

Rental up, would have bought if it was available to buy but not listed anywhere to buy, so WG losing out....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,729
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles

Check the techtree, I found mine there.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[WOLF7]
Members
12,188 posts
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Check the techtree, I found mine there.

This^

Apparently they are dropping them into the tech tree when the rental is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,499
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,057 posts

I have yet to see one in my tech tree. Hmm, maybe the game client has to be rebooted. Let me check.

 

Nope, still don't see it. I played 5 Random games in it too.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
218
[WAIFU]
Supertester
736 posts
8,207 battles

I played more than 5 battles and it didn't show in the techtree for me (the offer didn't appear too) :)

EDIT: Okhotnik too

Edited by PauloBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,729
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles
14 minutes ago, awiggin said:

This^

Apparently they are dropping them into the tech tree when the rental is over.

Which is a good idea. So people can buy her when they have the gold and may not be annoyed if they don’t have the money at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[WOLF7]
Members
12,188 posts
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Which is a good idea. So people can buy her when they have the gold and may not be annoyed if they don’t have the money at the moment. 

 

It's not a bad idea, simply badly implemented, and badly informed. The complete lack of information on this entire rental deal seems silly. 

If they actually want to sell stuff, they might want to inform their players about how it's going to work, and then actually make it work...:Smile_teethhappy:

Apparently some players aren't getting them in the tech tree even after the rental is up.....

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21
[-AGW-]
Members
39 posts
15,891 battles

Played 9 games in Okhotnik rental, checked tech tree both before and after rental expired and it is not there. I have 6500 doubloons on my account so lack of funds available should not have stopped it from showing up in tech tree.

Am a bit bummed as I was definitely planning on buying it when offered - didn't really appeal to me when it first went on sale but after getting some games in it I was completely sold. It's a great program they have come up with for exactly this reason but I agree the implementation was not very consistent for all users. Hopefully WG will tweak some things as I'm still interested in buying it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[DAS]
Members
593 posts
5,587 battles

Sorry for asking this questions, but how do you get access to rentals?

I played yesterday and didn't see anything like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,499
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,057 posts
5 minutes ago, epojokke said:

Sorry for asking this questions, but how do you get access to rentals?

I played yesterday and didn't see anything like that.

 

A WG representative said that it's a random offering. If there is a rental offered it will just show up in your port. I would venture to say that everyone will get one eventually but that they are only offering a limited number of ships to a limited number of players in a given time so as not to have everyone playing the rental ships and little else.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[DAS]
Members
593 posts
5,587 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

 

A WG representative said that it's a random offering. If there is a rental offered it will just show up in your port.

Thanks. Kind of annoying but well I guess I have enough ships as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,729
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles
1 minute ago, fbrrhd said:

The whole limited access for a few is total bullship

 

If you read the statement from WG you would have seen that this is just a test. They want to see if the system has some flaws. After that they will expand the offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[WOLFB]
Members
834 posts
27,524 battles

Worrying about "flaws" has never stopped them from releasing the next faulty release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,729
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

 

It's not a bad idea, simply badly implemented, and badly informed. The complete lack of information on this entire rental deal seems silly. 

If they actually want to sell stuff, they might want to inform their players about how it's going to work, and then actually make it work...:Smile_teethhappy:

Apparently some players aren't getting them in the tech tree even after the rental is up.....

A test is a test. The point about the missing information what will happen and how it will work is valid. I can only recommend that people send a ticket to the support after the end of the trialtime if they want the ship and didn’t find it in the techtree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,398 battles
4 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

Worrying about "flaws" has never stopped them from releasing the next faulty release.

That may very well be true but some players were able to buy it not sure during or after rental and some like me just got to play it for 2 days and would buy it but it’s not in the teck tree and know offer

that’s not good buisness.. I filed a ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[WOLFB]
Members
834 posts
27,524 battles
13 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

If you read the statement from WG you would have seen that this is just a test. They want to see if the system has some flaws. After that they will expand the offers.

And where exactly did you find this "statemant from WG" ??

In the General section of the forum

In the "announcement" section

In the "news" section?

I'm curious where you read it??

Edited by fbrrhd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,254 posts
12,756 battles

Definitely flaws with this promotion, not in the tech tree, before after and around the corner. 

As for official information, I was very kindly told by Pigeon that the 'misson' said it would be available after completing 5 games. I never found a 'mission' for it. It was not offered after five and more games and so I filed a ticket. The ticket linked me to the 'Special' page of the premium shop, and nothing was there regarding the Okhotnik.  

 

Edited by LancerUlysses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[WOLFB]
Members
834 posts
27,524 battles
3 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

That may very well be true but some players were able to buy it not sure during or after rental and some like me just got to play it for 2 days and would buy it but it’s not in the teck tree and know offer

that’s not good buisness.. I filed a ticket

And many were not able to play and we also had "know" offer.... cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,398 battles
5 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

And many were not able to play and we also had "know" offer.... cheers

 

Good point, not sure how they selected who gets what . I do have a Sims but generally suck at DDs, you can say that they may not want to flood the market all in one go but it would be nice with a lot more info to keep everyone happy

I really don’t think “cheers” is the right word you used “ sucks” is more appropriate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×