Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

14 Point Lexington Captain advice

8 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
60 posts
4,533 battles

I'm just about finished playing co-ops games to get all of the upgrades for the Lexington for a strike build. After a lot of consideration I want to try this build first while playing randoms. What do you guys recommend for a 14 point captain? My intention is to continue this captain eventually towards the Midway one day but I would like suggestions more on what skills will directly help me in the Lexington strike build. 

Also what upgrades do you think I should equip as well. Thanks. 

Edited by buzz_bomb

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

Emergency takeoff, Air supremacy, Aircraft servicing expert, torp acceleration, and either, torpedo armament expertise, or concealment expert.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,750 battles
22 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Emergency takeoff

Since it doubles plane takeoff time, DCP will be ready before this perk will actually be used. Just spec BFT instead.

• Cool 1

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
2,544 battles

14 points is enough to take both Concealment Expert and Air Supremacy. Those are the two most important things you want, while taking the obvious carrier skills (aside from the useless point sink that is Emergency Takeoff) along the way. And you do want Concealment Expert, otherwise you get spotted from the Moon.

--Helms

Members
2,292 posts
4,132 battles

Ase, ta, bft, as and ce for general build

Ase, ar, bft, as and ce for as build

A build I'm considering is

Ase, ta, bft, aft, and ce for an fu strike build. But I have more skills to play with beyond 14.

Edited by StoneRhino

[BANDI]
Members
94 posts
14,127 battles

I only play balanced loadout. Any other option make no sense to me. You will find Shokakus, Enterprise, GZ and AS Lex all of them with 2 fighters groups. Since you will have one, better if your fighter squad is a good one. (From time to time, you can find a Strike Lex but I think this option is not selected anymore).

In the past I recommended strike, but today I consider it was huge mistake because you will lost ground in your improvement as a player while the IJN players will learn how to use effectively their fighters. I learn that in the wrong way when I went up to Essex.

You have to have always a fighter with you and a torpbomber also, so your only option is balanced.

Also, in T9 you will face a lot of T9&T10 AA so you will need as much as you can, extra HP for your planes. Air superiority is out of question. And the US torps will require increased speed since any T9 DD can outrun them if you don't pick that option.

Lexington has something that none of your predecessors have: A superb AA. Since you will expend your upgrades in HP for your bombers, your captain has to "do" the AA job. In T9, CV players will not try to snipe you but in T8 there are some that will think about it. However, you always need AA because your CV will have to play closer to the battle zone. Remember that some maps are now larger. And AA can become crucial.

Lexington, Essex and Midway are very fat visible targets, so concealment is a good idea. Besides is consistente with play closer to the action. I am attaching my Lex captain skills. Hope it helps you. I do not play Lex anymore but is a wonderful ship. 

Lex skills.jpg

Edited by YankeeVictor
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles

If you're taking Strike Lex, you better be on your A-Game and doing considerable damage and sinking ships.  Your team is going to hate you for having no fighters to protect the team as well as spot the DDs / Torpedoes.

Sign in to follow this