You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stephen57_battleship

a few questions?

9 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
7,434 battles

I got a container this morning and it gave me 4-places for my commander ? will it give me 4-skills sets as well? if so how do I get into this? the other questions is I am looking to buy some slots is there a time frame to unlock the ships that I would like to play?and one more thing any good tips on how to shoot them dam torps? LOL thanks Stephen

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,565 battles

the 4 plances in like in WOT barracks only to have more commanders.... the ship slots ? cost 300 doubloons and also can be win inside containers by lucky..... there is no time to get ships dont worry about that....(sometimes are timeframes to unlock certain ships by events like the okt revolution. but only in those events) and the torps sometimes is easy to shoot at the white marker when you aim the torps and sometimes you have  to "guess" the movement of the enemy .. is more like a experience thing

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
226 posts
5,427 battles
4 minutes ago, Stephen57_battleship said:

I got a container this morning and it gave me 4-places for my commander ? will it give me 4-skills sets as well? if so how do I get into this?

That just simply allows you to have more commanders, kinda like how you have ship slots for your ships.

4 minutes ago, Stephen57_battleship said:

the other questions is I am looking to buy some slots is there a time frame to unlock the ships that I would like to play?and one more thing any good tips on how to shoot them dam torps?

Ship slots, I assume? If you play the game long enough, you can earn slots for free. :) That's what I noticed anyway. But you can also buy ship slots if you really need it

Time Frame:...no, you can play 10 or even 10,000 battles in before jumping to the next tier/ship. You can spend however long or short you want before unlocking the next ship (given you have the XP for it)

Shooting torps: if you are on a ship that is armed with torps, press 3. Then fallow the grey bar, click and release
I should note that not all ships stay on the path of the grey bar so use it as a reference point.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
29 minutes ago, Stephen57_battleship said:

I got a container this morning and it gave me 4-places for my commander ? will it give me 4-skills sets as well? if so how do I get into this? the other questions is I am looking to buy some slots is there a time frame to unlock the ships that I would like to play?and one more thing any good tips on how to shoot them dam torps? LOL thanks Stephen

WG does periodically have sales on ship slots. Usually either 150 gold in game as a half off sale or 10 slots for the equivalent price of 1500 gold in cash on the premium shop. I've noticed that they usually have a port slot sale before a new line comes out. I stocked up on 30 slots on the sale before British BBs came out as I like to keep all the ships I earn.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

WG does periodically have sales on ship slots. Usually either 150 gold in game as a half off sale or 10 slots for the equivalent price of 1500 gold in cash on the premium shop. I've noticed that they usually have a port slot sale before a new line comes out. I stocked up on 30 slots on the sale before British BBs came out as I like to keep all the ships I earn.

Forgot, you can also sell the T1 ships as they are free to buy back if you need a few slots.

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles

The commander slots are for extra captains. I've got way more than I'll ever use.

If you buy slots, there's no time limit, they'll remain empty until filled.

I'm not a big torp user, but generally, closer is better unless your target is moving in a straight line. 

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles

The commander slots are for extra captains. I've got way more than I'll ever use.

If you buy slots, there's no time limit, they'll remain empty until filled. You can get them in containers too.

I'm not a big torp user, but generally, closer is better unless your target is moving in a straight line. 

Members
499 posts
7,162 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

They also have missions and campaigns with ship slot rewards.