You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
del1028038711

XP is a stupid joke

71 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts

I am not going to WASTE (and that is what it is) my time playing in a 12-15 minute match to be the SOLE survivor while losing due to points and only get 245xp...  That is a WASTE of my time and if that is how Wargaming net wants it they will lose another player. This is like the 3rd time today that has happened and a total waste of time. Just because someone loses doesn't mean they did not bust their butt off killing enemy ships etc, yet we are not rewarded we are punished.   In a game that has RANDOM moron players noone should be punished for their in ability to play this game. 

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,374 battles

245? sole survivor? are you playing Co op or Random?  because lord have mercy,  sole survivor with 245 xp even on the losing team means you didn't do diddly.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,332 posts
6,609 battles

This guide will help you for sure.

Also, and I know it may sound rude, but being the sole survivor of your team says nothing about your performance. The sole survivor could've been hiding in the corner for the entire game, would this make him a good player, a player that would deserve more rewards?

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,678 posts
18,265 battles

Yeah that has to be Co-op, low tier. In Randoms even if you go full potato you get more than that. Maybe it is Ops, it pays crap if you don't get anything done...  In one mission we did every single secondary objective, I scored around 50k in damage but we lost because we couldn't get enough people to the exit. I managed 492 xp on that.... It was pathetic.. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles
7 minutes ago, Nautika1 said:

I am not going to WASTE (and that is what it is) my time playing in a 12-15 minute match to be the SOLE survivor while losing due to points and only get 245xp...  That is a WASTE of my time and if that is how Wargaming net wants it they will lose another player. This is like the 3rd time today that has happened and a total waste of time. Just because someone loses doesn't mean they did not bust their butt off killing enemy ships etc, yet we are not rewarded we are punished.   In a game that has RANDOM moron players noone should be punished for their in ability to play this game. 

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles

The game mechanic for this game.. this day..rewards spotting, aggression play and damage done

if you sit back and snipe without much forward movement your XP or lack of will reflect that you have to do significant damage to replace the other 2 

the idea of team play is to do whatever it takes to win the game for your team not necessarily your survival till the end

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles

You have barely started to play - don't expect 2K XP when starting in any game.  AS others have noted - being alive at the end means nothing  as there would be many, many, many ways to manipulate the XP if being alive at the end meant something.  Low XP is in co-op according to your stats - as it should be as Co-op is a sandbox you learn to play in.  In Co-op you are not playing against random players - you are playing against bots where the average win rate if 90+%..

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
757 posts
6,992 battles
3 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

You have barely started to play - don't expect 2K XP when starting in any game.  AS others have noted - being alive at the end means nothing  as there would be many, many, many ways to manipulate the XP if being alive at the end meant something.  Low XP is in co-op according to your stats - as it should be as Co-op is a sandbox you learn to play in.  In Co-op you are not playing against random players - you are playing against bots where the average win rate if 90+%..

And the bots are far more predictable than human players. Typically, they pick one human and the entire bot fleet sails straight towards them, which can be overwhelming...

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles

and on a side note.. I wanted to add that after looking at your "achievements" I could not for the life of me find a SOLO WARRIOR.....

interesting

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,566 battles

look m8 you have only 40 battles relax chill and watch netflix a while ... then what you can use to "prove" that you go super hardcore tryhard in the match ? i mean i have a lot of battles and just a few days ago got my first solo warrior XD my very first cuz im like always dying mid battle doing only 110-170kdmg and for 250xp ... sounds weird 

Members
4,576 posts
6,531 battles
20 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

And the bots are far more predictable than human players. Typically, they pick one human and the entire bot fleet sails straight towards them, which can be overwhelming...

Heh.  Ya.  Don't be the ship out in front of your team or they will all focus fire you. 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
19 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

and on a side note.. I wanted to add that after looking at your "achievements" I could not for the life of me find a SOLO WARRIOR.....

interesting

He was more just saying he was the last person alive on his team, not getting solo warrior. He did say he lost.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,357 posts
9,549 battles

Something to consider:

Servicing costs are fixed by tier, regardless of how much damage or lack thereof you've taken. You don't get paid to bring your ship back. So if you want to earn more, controlled aggression is key. 

Die too soon, and you have shorted yourself damage and XP earning opportunities. Not being aggressive enough, and you waste those same opportunities.

With the potatoes I've seen lately in randoms and operations, you can't really do much about win rate. My back's been getting sore in operations carrying people with the Ryujo.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,780 battles

OP, if you are this frustrated after only 27 random games, this might not be the game for you. Just saying.

[BLUE_]
Members
399 posts
14,421 battles
51 minutes ago, Nautika1 said:

OP has only 40 battles and he wants to be the ultimate dude in knowledge in this game.

First if u did only 245XP at a low tier game during a loss. Trust me you played it wrong. At least 500 XP in a random match in this situation.

Being the SOLE survivor in the losing team doesnt mean [editet by me]. Being the SOLE survivor in the WINNING team is another story.

Also do u really expect to get high tier ships in only 30 days of gameplay!? :Smile_facepalm: :Smile_teethhappy:

It's a team based game (but i won't deny that even the average veterans lacks technical knowledge of the game :cap_book:) so winning a match is more important than the individual performance.

Now i will stay here and watch :Smile_popcorn:

Edit: yeah i should have been less toxic. Sry. But i will let this post untouched anyways

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento

Members
18 posts

Guess i will move on to another game then...  I can't be aggressive as I hate getting killed (to me it proves I suck) If this game only rewards aggressive behavior it is not the game for me I am all about strategy and taking my time to kill people. I never play a class that is supposed to be aggressive and that is funny actually seeing battleships are not meant to be aggressive but the game rewards them for being just that which is so hypocritical.....  Oh well on to the next game. thanks all 

Members
351 posts
6,206 battles

If you aren't having fun, do something else.  It's not rocket science to figure that out.

Members
18 posts
4 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

OP has only 40 battles and he wants to be the ultimate dude in knowledge in this game.

First if u did only 245XP at a low tier game during a loss. Trust me you played it wrong. At least 500 XP in a random match in this situation.

Being the SOLE survivor in the losing team doesnt mean [editet by me]. Being the SOLE survivor in the WINNING team is another story.

Also do u really expect to get high tier ships in only 30 days of gameplay!? :Smile_facepalm: :Smile_teethhappy:

It's a team based game (but i won't deny that even the average veterans lacks technical knowledge of the game :cap_book:) so winning a match is more important than the individual performance.

Now i will stay here and watch :Smile_popcorn:

The gamer that has played many types of games over the years is one that can adapt and understand another game pretty fast (only the under preforming gamer who is not really good will have issues adjusting to a new game). You all make it sound like the game is rocket science when in reality a child of 5 years old could play it with ease if they so choose to do. I simply had no idea that the game was built with a high aggression in mind I figured it was more strategic in nature requiring people to be patient and actually have to think i guess I was wrong doesn't mean my knowledge of the game overall is lacking.

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

OP, if you are playing just to earn credits and XP then you aren't approaching the game in the right way. Sure, XP and credits are useful for researching and purchasing new modules, skills and ships but they should not be the reason you are playing the game. The object of a game, unless you are a professional gamer (a category that I doubt many of us here fall into), is to have fun. You don't seem to be having much fun here so maybe this game is not for you. 

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles
1 minute ago, Nautika1 said:

The gamer that has played many types of games over the years is one that can adapt and understand another game pretty fast (only the under preforming gamer who is not really good will have issues adjusting to a new game). You all make it sound like the game is rocket science when in reality a child of 5 years old could play it with ease if they so choose to do. I simply had no idea that the game was built with a high aggression in mind I figured it was more strategic in nature requiring people to be patient and actually have to think i guess I was wrong doesn't mean my knowledge of the game overall is lacking.

jipfxcg.gif

Members
18 posts
1 minute ago, MikeLWX said:

If you aren't having fun, do something else.  It's not rocket science to figure that out.

Only problem is almost all games no a days suck it is the nature of the beast right now. All F2P games have no clue or desire to balance and all they care about is squeezing as much money out of its player base as they can.  I have also loved navel battles and this is one of the only games of this genre, but if the game company is going to make it unrealistic and not care about anything cept money I guess I will move on and wait for another game to come out that peaks my interest. 

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles
8 minutes ago, Nautika1 said:

Guess i will move on to another game then...  I can't be aggressive as I hate getting killed (to me it proves I suck) If this game only rewards aggressive behavior it is not the game for me I am all about strategy and taking my time to kill people. I never play a class that is supposed to be aggressive and that is funny actually seeing battleships are not meant to be aggressive but the game rewards them for being just that which is so hypocritical.....  Oh well on to the next game. thanks all 

M1GSrnd.gif

• Cool 1

Members
18 posts
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

OP, if you are playing just to earn credits and XP then you aren't approaching the game in the right way. Sure, XP and credits are useful for researching and purchasing new modules, skills and ships but they should not be the reason you are playing the game. The object of a game, unless you are a professional gamer (a category that I doubt many of us here fall into), is to have fun. You don't seem to be having much fun here so maybe this game is not for you. 

yet it is a game that has tiered ships and each one is different then the other tiered ships. I have read many post on this group of tiered ships suck just grind thru to get the higher tiered ship that is fun to play. This is the issue with tiered game play and it does turn many people away because getting to that one ship that you would find fun is more of a job then a fun hobby.

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles
3 minutes ago, Nautika1 said:

not care about anything cept money 

I have played this game for a year and have not paid WG a single penny. Through playing the game alone, I've received doubloons, premium time, premium ships and other benefits that they sell in their premium shop. It's amazing that they would provide a free-to-play game with so much earnable content.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles
11 minutes ago, Nautika1 said:

There are ships where you can't be aggressive but yet can do a lot of damage - like French Cruisers.  You just need to watch videos and figure out how to play them.

Edited by CylonRed