You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dapmiti

essex rage! why should i even bother?

10 comments in this topic

[EDEG]
Beta Testers
14 posts
4,597 battles

i just spend last 3 games in my essex i have sucked, i've tried strike loadout... hiryus destroy me.... i try fighter loadout, i can't get any xp, spotting doesn't give anything that i've noticed, and the bombers never hit anything but bbs even with manual drops, and at this tier bbs aa knock out most of my planes!!! I can't hit anything not a cruiser not a destroyer, NOTHING!!! Add to the fact the slow plane rearm and i'm spending half of the game just waiting for my planes to rearm! There is no fun, no payoff, and wargaming seems to not care at all, this has been a problem since the beta! I've had the Essex for over a year and nothing i do seems to work

maybe i'm just the worst cv player in the world but wth is this? any chance wargaming will fix the broken classes instead of making new nations?

why should i even bother trying to Get Gud?

i'm just so frustrated

please tell me i'm not alone in this

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
12 minutes ago, dapmiti said:

i just spend last 3 games in my essex i have sucked, i've tried strike loadout... hiryus destroy me.... i try fighter loadout, i can't get any xp, spotting doesn't give anything that i've noticed, and the bombers never hit anything but bbs even with manual drops, and at this tier bbs aa knock out most of my planes!!! I can't hit anything not a cruiser not a destroyer, NOTHING!!! Add to the fact the slow plane rearm and i'm spending half of the game just waiting for my planes to rearm! There is no fun, no payoff, and wargaming seems to not care at all, this has been a problem since the beta! I've had the Essex for over a year and nothing i do seems to work

maybe i'm just the worst cv player in the world but wth is this? any chance wargaming will fix the broken classes instead of making new nations?

why should i even bother trying to Get Gud?

i'm just so frustrated

please tell me i'm not alone in this

Git good.

Buy saipan.

[BLUE_]
Members
399 posts
14,332 battles

:Smile_amazed: Nani!?

1 hour ago, dapmiti said:

i just spend last 3 games in my essex i have sucked, i've tried strike loadout... hiryus destroy me....

Essex (tier 9) vs Hiryuu (tier 7)!?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

If you're losing to a Hiryu, problem exists between keyboard and chair.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,546 battles

First, Essex doesnt play against Hiryu. I think you meant Tiaho.:cap_wander:

Second, if you master strafing, you can destroy an average Tiaho captain with ANY essex loadout.

Im not surprised this topic came up, recently after there was a thread titled "The pain of Tiaho".

I personaly dont complain about cv's because i understand that it is the player, not the ship that makes it terrible.

Sure some ships are broken, but the Essex is not one of them. Neither is the Tiaho.

Watch some gameplay footage, get better, and get out on the battlefield with the mindset that you can beat that guy.

Best of luck with your Essex :cap_popcorn:

Edited by xKSNx
  • Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,541 battles

See that's the problem with the CV is it takes a good player fly it and if one side has a good player in the other doesn't it's really hard to carry especially with those big tier carriers

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,546 battles

11 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

See that's the problem with the CV is it takes a good player fly it and if one side has a good player in the other doesn't it's really hard to carry especially with those big tier carriers

1 hour ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Git good.

Buy saipan.

:Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great:

Edited by xKSNx

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,296 battles

Really, it's the Lexington where USN CVs are most disadvantaged; the tier 9 and 10 CVs are relatively competitive.

There is a bit of a balancing issue around tiers 8 through 10, where the AA at these tiers must be boosted to compensate for tier 10 CVs never being out-tiered by enemy AA. Ships such as the DeMoines and Minotaur can be said to have tier 11 and 12 AA at tier 10 (with captain skills their AA ratings can actually go above 100), which is necessary for the tier 10 CVs, but also means that the Essex and Lexington will be facing incredibly powerful AA.

This requires a change of playstyle on your part, really at tier 8 but with lucky MM you won't notice it until tier 9. From now on, you will find it necessary to spend the first 15 minutes of the game doing spotting and hitting isolated destroyers. There are very few ships you can attack in pairs, and a few you won't even be able to attack when they are isolated (like the DeMoines, Minotaur, Neptune etc). Think of these ships as having tier 12 AA vs your tier 9 planes.

This means that matches will start off fairly boring, but it also means that it doesn't matter as much if you let a few enemy bombers through. Your main job will be to avoid having your destroyers spotted, while spotting the destroyers and torpedoes of the enemy.

If padding damage is important to you, then it will still be possible to get one or two strikes in at the end of the game, once people have had time to split up and spread out. Still, you're gonna want to focus on alpha strikes; none of this cute setting fires, waiting for damage repair and then flooding. Your planes still die too fast for you to linger, so you need to go in on the right vector, drop your torps and then get out of there.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Like I recommend get an Enterprise and be done with the US Carriers. The only one worth the trouble.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,791 posts
7,006 battles

I do badly in Essex, when playing against a better Essex captain, unfirtunately there are a lot of good Essex captains.. As someone else says, we have only one option, we have to "git gud!"