You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Why is this crap permitted?

96 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,591 posts
25,732 battles

ZhUVFLO.jpg

How is it possible for someone with no experience in a CV to purchase a Saipan and get in Random matches? Is WG really so desperate for money that they permit people to purchase premium CVs and then play them in Randoms without ever playing them once in Co-op? That is what this guy did. Couldn't you at least enforce a 10 game coop minimum on premium CV purchases, or at least ownership of an equivalent tier CV?

As this guy did.... he has 3 BBs: S Caro, Wyoming... and Tirpitz. And 2 cruisers, St Louis and... Graf Spee. 

Crappy players in premium ships can be carried. Crappy CV players who have no CV experience can't be carried.

Thanks, WG, for enhancing my game experience with this wonderful policy of yours. 

• Cool 10

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
18 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

How is it possible for someone with no experience in a CV to purchase a Saipan and get in Random matches? Is WG really so desperate for money that they permit people to purchase premium CVs and then play them in Randoms without ever playing them once in Co-op? That is what this guy did. Couldn't you at least enforce a 10 game coop minimum on premium CV purchases, or at least ownership of an equivalent tier CV?

As this guy did.... he has 3 BBs: S Caro, Wyoming... and Tirpitz. And 2 cruisers, St Louis and... Graf Spee

yup I agree with this.

I have also see some pretty hopeless CV drivers testing new CVs.... one wonders what sort of insight they can give. Our CV who was descent was also pretty appalled by this.

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
449 posts
1,962 battles

... because WG is catering fully to the casual crowd to make money thus it is allowed. I got used to this in WoT, and gotten used to it in WoWs. Do I like it? Not really. Are the allowed to? Of course they are, they are not breaking any of WGs rules as they themselves are selling to anyone as long as they've created an account. One of the things that just is, getting upset about players that does this only hurt yourself as they do not care about the ones that worry at all. Play the game out, go in get damange then blow up, or what you like then move on to the next game.

Edited by Krautjaeger

Members
349 posts
6,198 battles

Expecting a company to turn down money is silly.  Learn to accept life's simple difficulties, or don't and publicly whine about them.

• Cool 7

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

OP - I understand your point completely which is why I exercise the self discipline NOT to play my high tier collection until I have become experienced in that tier and ship class, and I mean experienced in Random not Co-op.  But pardon me if I play devils advocate for a moment.  The image you showed is only warships this player has played in Random matches (assuming that is the tab that was selected).  Warships played in Co-op are under a different tab, so there is no indication that this player hasn't played any matches with their Saipan in Co-op.  I'd rather see players discipline themselves rather than WG, as I think it would be better for the game.  I've no idea how this could be accomplished other than players taking responsibility for their performance.  

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles

Lol are you just ranting, or did you expect a reasonable answer to a rhetorical question?

• Cool 5

[INTEL]
Members
8,591 posts
25,732 battles
Just now, surratus said:

OP - I understand your point completely which is why I exercise the self discipline NOT to play my high tier collection until I have become experienced in that tier and ship class, and I mean experienced in Random not Co-op.  But pardon me if I play devils advocate for a moment.  The image you showed is only warships this player has played in Random matches (assuming that is the tab that was selected).  Warships played in Co-op are under a different tab, so there is no indication that this player hasn't played any matches with their Saipan in Co-op.  I'd rather see players discipline themselves rather than WG, as I think it would be better for the game.  I've no idea how this could be accomplished other than players taking responsibility for their performance.  

I checked. 96 total coop games, no Coop matches in Saipan. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,591 posts
25,732 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Lol are you just ranting, or did you expect a reasonable answer to a rhetorical question?

Basically just ranting. I know perfectly well that WG would never do something as comprehensively rational as spend time and effort in putting together CV tutorials, or requiring that people with games in CVs practice them in coop first. Instead, they will put developer time and effort into RDF, deep water torps, and DDs with radar, which people had flooded forums on four continents to demand. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,591 posts
25,732 battles
4 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

Expecting a company to turn down money is silly.  Learn to accept life's simple difficulties, or don't and publicly whine about them.

... or talk and create change. It's funny how I've had meaningful input into public policy in three countries, but can't get WG to do something as rational and intelligent as requiring people who just purchased CVs and have no CV experience to play them in Coop for ten games.

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles

He did not make a wise purchase decision, but on the bright side, he is helping to pay for a "free" game.  So there's that.

• Cool 4

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

... or talk and create change. It's funny how I've had meaningful input into public policy in three countries, but can't get WG to do something as rational and intelligent as requiring people who just purchased CVs and have no CV experience to play them in Coop for ten games.

That's because this isn't a democracy. 

But I totally understand your rant and often feel the same way. If your CV sucks, especially at higher tiers, you better hope the enemy's does too... or more often than not it just a matter of waiting your turn. Frustrating.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

Their Dad bought it for them they are 10 years old and have Autism. Anyone can play a Random battle with any ship they can buy. This is not the Military where they only let smart people join. Oh wait, do I have all this reversed. They are non discriminatory about people who spend money here. It could be anyone behind the mask (Saipan) Trick? or Treat? Some times you get Candy some times you get Granola. What i can't figure out is why you are complaining about some one who has only won with it.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
37 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

ZhUVFLO.jpg

Crappy players in premium ships can be carried. Crappy CV players who have no CV experience can't be carried.

That's the problem right there. That's what you should be complaining about, not the fact that somebody bought a premium ship and isn't good in it.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,313 posts
8,935 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

requiring that people with games in CVs practice them in coop first.

Microsoft has an RTS PC gaming franchise that has been around for 20 years. A couple of years back, they decided to go "social media" with it and try to make the new title into an MMORPG. Player versus player had become the heart and soul of the franchise but in the new game, before you could play versus humans, you had to go through a series of mind-numbingly grindy PVE campaigns. Their intent, of course, was to get new players up to snuff before putting them into "harm's way" in a PVP match. Unfortunately, the reality of making everyone, newbie and expert alike, spend weeks grinding out PVE battles just disenchanted the core of PVP players, who either went back to the old game or left the franchise entirely. The new game struggled for a year or so then went under, leaving all those who had paid for content in the lurch. 

[PVE]
Members
5,640 posts
18,231 battles

Well to be fair, he has won both his games in it.... Not sure he is a noob, maybe an old player with a new account starting over. IMHO I can not see a new player with no carriers hopping into a PvP match with one and winning every time... Guessing he is an old hand and knows what he is doing. Or maybe one of those savant people.... 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I checked. 96 total coop games, no Coop matches in Saipan. 

Well, that is a sad state of affairs then.  Perhaps some of our popular CC's could address this problem in their videos, as it seems to be getting more common.  Except it's doubtful many of these players pay any attention to CC videos or read the forums.  I wonder how many green players, in over their head, would respond to a politely worded PM?  It's a certainty that WG isn't going to cut off a revenue stream, or institute a skill oriented MM.  On the other hand how hard would it be to put in place a skill oriented MM that applies to CV's only?  It's clear from CW policy they are aware of this problem.  

[INTEL]
Members
8,591 posts
25,732 battles
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Microsoft has an RTS PC gaming franchise that has been around for 20 years. A couple of years back, they decided to go "social media" with it and try to make the new title into an MMORPG. Player versus player had become the heart and soul of the franchise but in the new game, before you could play versus humans, you had to go through a series of mind-numbingly grindy PVE campaigns. Their intent, of course, was to get new players up to snuff before putting them into "harm's way" in a PVP match. Unfortunately, the reality of making everyone, newbie and expert alike, spend weeks grinding out PVE battles just disenchanted the core of PVP players, who either went back to the old game or left the franchise entirely. The new game struggled for a year or so then went under, leaving all those who had paid for content in the lurch. 

I am not asking that EVERYONE be forced to play coop. I'm asking for people who have no experience in CVs who have purchased a premium CV be required to play it in coop a few games.

Why is that too much to ask? 

Edited by Taichunger

[INTEL]
Members
8,591 posts
25,732 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well to be fair, he has won both his games in it.... Not sure he is a noob, maybe an old player with a new account starting over. IMHO I can not see a new player with no carriers hopping into a PvP match with one and winning every time... Guessing he is an old hand and knows what he is doing. Or maybe one of those savant people.... 

You're an old hand... is the first premium BB you buy Tirpitz? I have 700 games in it, and it wouldn't be my first purchase if I re-rolled my account. 

Members
691 posts
4,395 battles

It's more indicative of a problem with the way CVs function than with noobs purchasing high-tier premiums. 

The skill levels of two players out of twenty four simply have far too much impact on a match. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
24 minutes ago, surratus said:

I do as well. I haven't taken out the Kutuzov or Lo Yang yet as I'm not very good at T8 play. I have played Tirpitz, Alabama, Prinz Eugen and Atago to fulfill some task, but I have not played either of the T8 campaigns yet.

25 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

Expecting a company to turn down money is silly. 

Exactly

22 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Basically just ranting. I know perfectly well that WG would never do something as comprehensively rational as spend time and effort in putting together CV tutorials, or requiring that people with games in CVs practice them in coop first. Instead, they will put developer time and effort into RDF, deep water torps, and DDs with radar, which people had flooded forums on four continents to demand. 

WG is a company trying to make money. Why restrict your player base and lose out on potential money? If there had been restrictions on high tier play in premiums that I didn't impose on myself, that $400 Black Friday bundle would not have been so appealing. And since the tech tree grind had pretty much stopped at T6 for lack of silver, I may have given up on the game without some premiums to make the grind easier and more fun.

18 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

He did not make a wise purchase decision, but on the bright side, he is helping to pay for a "free" game.  So there's that.

Yep, whales help keep the game free for others.

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Makes sense and I would hate to see WG go down this road.

5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

True, if he won both games in random his first two games in a Saipan, he must know something or be extremely lucky.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,605 battles

I broke down and got a Saipan. Total CV NOOB. Total TRASH. I would COMPLETELY support bans on Random/competitive play until a CV player can operate at a decent level. I'm embarrassed to leave co-op and I SHOULD be. A good or bad CV player can make a huge difference, and thus there's more responsibility for the role. A team can usually survive a few potato ships and come back, not likely if the CV player is potato. 

[PVE]
Members
5,640 posts
18,231 battles
21 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

You're an old hand... is the first premium BB you buy Tirpitz? I have 700 games in it, and it wouldn't be my first purchase if I re-rolled my account. 

No telling what the player is after. Maybe wants to do USN only, who knows?. Like I said no new player with no experience in cvs is gonna manage a 100% win rate. 

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,982 battles

The skill of your team's CV player usually reflects how your team will fare in a battle.

Most times, if the enemy CV has a 70% WR vs your CV player with 35% WR, your team is likely going to lose....

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Heck, it wouldn't bother me if you had to run X amount of games in co-op with a premium purchase.

If I just started playing this game, I'd want the training before going into Randoms. I just don't know if it'll really help without having training missions to complete.