You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

Pan Asian - Is there a reason to bother finishing my German line?

22 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

So, from what I've seen in multiple youtube videos. Pan Asian DDs are Americans with better concealment, 7KM radar, and deep water torpedoes. I do not know what the exact concealment numbers are but for them to be better than American they basically have to be IJN concealment with better guns and the ridiculous I WIN button which is radar. On paper they seem better than everything except Russia since those are cruisers not DDs anyway.

That means they can out spot, and radar any IJN/American/KM DD in smoke. Considering cap bullying and sitting in smoke with hydro is the German national flavor. Should I bother finishing the line just to have something greatly superior come out in the near future? I'm at T8 right now.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

Power creep FTW!

I don't know, I'd just finish the grind, then start a new line, its a lot of work to throw away.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,595 battles
6 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Power creep FTW!

It does appear so, doesn't it?

I haven't kept up with pre-release details, but aren't deep water torps useless against other DD's?  I suppose radar and good guns will still make them nasty for cap contention. 

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

It does appear so, doesn't it?

I haven't kept up with pre-release details, but aren't deep water torps useless against other DD's?  I suppose radar and good guns will still make them nasty for cap contention. 

The anshan is plenty nothing else required just like the warspite.

[INTEL]
Members
6,665 posts
25,789 battles

I love my Z-52. I wouldn't stop the KM line for this.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,722 battles

Finsih the grind the Z52 is a very good DD.

As for pan - if they take radar they have no smoke. Once they fire their guns they are visible to anyone within range so it will be very risky contesting caps particularly at the start of a game.

Edited by Camo68

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,199 battles

The Z-46 is bananas, and the Z-52 is even more gooderer. It is definitely worth finishing the grind.

But the real point you were trying to make - yes, Pan Asian DD's are going to be very strong on release. Once people figure out how to exploit their weaknesses, normal play will resume.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Finsih the grind the Z52 is a very good DD.

As for pan - if they take radar they have no smoke. Once they fire their guns they are visible to anyone within range so it will be very risky contesting caps particularly at the start of a game.

This. The Pan Asian DDs are severely gimped when it comes to DD cap brawling, and survivability in caps. They can't have both smoke and radar, they loose an essential tool for getting radar.

Members
2,601 posts
12,485 battles
43 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Forget pan is going to break the game even more than its utterly broken now.

Forget pan like the brit bbs.

All garbage.

Do not listen to this guy, the only thing worse than the content of his posts is his play in game. 

Members
2,601 posts
12,485 battles
53 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

So, from what I've seen in multiple youtube videos. Pan Asian DDs are Americans with better concealment, 7KM radar, and deep water torpedoes. I do not know what the exact concealment numbers are but for them to be better than American they basically have to be IJN concealment with better guns and the ridiculous I WIN button which is radar. On paper they seem better than everything except Russia since those are cruisers not DDs anyway.

That means they can out spot, and radar any IJN/American/KM DD in smoke. Considering cap bullying and sitting in smoke with hydro is the German national flavor. Should I bother finishing the line just to have something greatly superior come out in the near future? I'm at T8 right now.

The German line is great, the only down side is there are no German premium dds to share a captain with like there are for US/IJN and mother Russia. The key to the German line especially the 52 is great hydro, and your torps are ready before anyone else's...knowing traffic patterns will get you so many hits and kills while other ships are still loading their first salvo.

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,700 battles

Yes, because:

smoke + 2 minute, 6km hydro > no smoke + 20 second, 7.5km radar.  

IMO

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,709 battles

I would finish the German DD line.  Your torps are better than the Pan Asian DDs your torps will hit everything.  Deep Water Torps will have problems I think when fired close into islands, at least it should have issues because of water depth.

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

Finish the grind. The Z-46 and Z-52 are great. The Pan-Asia line is a really subtle nerf of all DDs, but especially IJN DDs -- they are nerfed with gimped torps that can't kill DDs, but have radar, the I-WIN button that kills capping DDs. In fact the high tier DDs will do well paired with a German DD to offset their weaknesses. Imagine a T10 P-A DD getting behind an island in cap and flipping on the radar so ships nearby can kill the DD.

I don't think they will break the game. The game is already severely broken, sadly. 

Edited by Taichunger

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
8,075 battles

The one ship in that line, that by current stats I'd truly call OP and the next sealclubber favorite, is the Tier 4. Minekaze hull, but for all intents and purposes you're taking an A hull Nicholas with those 5 inch rail guns and moving it down to Tier 4. I'd wager it will dethrone the Clemson as the favorite DD at that tier.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
22 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Finish the grind. The Z-46 and Z-52 are great. The Pan-Asia line is a really subtle nerf of all DDs, but especially IJN DDs -- they are nerfed with gimped torps that can't kill DDs, but have radar, the I-WIN button that kills capping DDs. In fact the high tier DDs will do well paired with a German DD to offset their weaknesses. Imagine a T10 P-A DD getting behind an island in cap and flipping on the radar so ships nearby can kill the DD.

I don't think they will break the game. The game is already severely broken, sadly. 

That's the part that bothers me the most. IJN, stealth torps, are my favorite and most played, but they already feel weak in DD fights and completely useless in CV and radar heavy games. That was part of the reason I went to level another line. Radar is so [edited]stupid and broken it might end up being the reason I quit the game and my $200/mo+ habit.

Edited by w4spl3g

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

Should I bother finishing the line just to have something greatly superior come out in the near future? I'm at T8 right now.

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

Z-46 and Z-52 are EXCELLENT ships and you will really be screwing yourself not to get them.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,613 battles

Idk...I'm feeling that way about all the DD lines I'm grinding. I've just been playing my premiums right now to level up Captains. PA ships have power creep written all over them.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
2 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

The German line is fine, your NOT going to find one line greatly superior to another line, if that was the case the majority would play them and that’s not happening

the truth of the matter is each line DD BB CA CV has its own strengths and weaknesses some are not obvious and the players who discover and exploit them ... do really well so the next ship in line you play you can build on those strengths

one more thing

the amount of times I’ve been successfuly lite up by radar and sunk in thousands of games the majority in Cruisers is .....1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,599 battles

The problem WG is gonna face is the fact that they have nerfed the 5"/38 to hell with the bloom changes and such. Any Pan Asian DD armed with them is gonna need serious help and gimics to be anything other than a torpedo-boat, as USN DDs have mostly become.