You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BearlyHereBear

The Curse of Okt Revolusiya

16 comments in this topic

[BSL]
Members
740 posts
14,559 battles
17 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I'm at 100% WR with mine.

In Co-op.

:Smile_hiding:

Thank you.  Now I can collect my crate and move on to other ships.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
28 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I'm at 100% WR with mine.

In Co-op.

:Smile_hiding:

That's basically it.  Easy 10 oil for the clan.  5K FXP (again).  Bump the Orlanevoi captain up 1-2K. 

Makes for a nice first mission of the day -- get that done -- then off to more interesting adventures.

Actually, you could use any tier 5 Russian BB to earn that crate.

Edited by AVR_Project

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

I played 1 battle in random victory and the rest 1 a day in co op I don't play new ships in random until the fervor to kill the new ship dies down.

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles

Happens to me too.  I've got enough time for a match or 2... maybe 3 or 4.   Log in, jump in the October and head out to try to get the crate...  loss, loss, loss, finally a win.  So far I'm sitting on 11 games, 63k average damage and a whopping 45.45% win rate :cap_fainting:

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
22 hours ago, vonKaiser said:

Happens to me too.  I've got enough time for a match or 2... maybe 3 or 4.   Log in, jump in the October and head out to try to get the crate...  loss, loss, loss, finally a win.  So far I'm sitting on 11 games, 63k average damage and a whopping 45.45% win rate :cap_fainting:

A win in co-op gets you the same crate as a win in random. So why not make a co-op OR battle your first and then jump into random with whatever ship you are grinding?

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

A win in co-op gets you the same crate as a win in random. So why not make a co-op OR battle your first and then jump into random with whatever ship you are grinding?

I don't do co-op really.  Just kinda like the challenge of Random.  That said, co-op is my go to for carrier missions though because no way in heck I'm bringing my sub-par CV play to random lol

[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
33 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

I don't do co-op really.  Just kinda like the challenge of Random.  That said, co-op is my go to for carrier missions though because no way in heck I'm bringing my sub-par CV play to random lol

NP, I agree in taking subpar play to random battles. Some days I'm kicking it, other days I'm getting kicked. Co-op is less stress for me and I find it more fun. 

[POP]
Members
1,234 posts
8,256 battles

I'm starting to think that this boat is OP. 

Just took out a Colorado in a 1-1 duel. I did 34k to him, sinking him. He only did about 18k to me. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts
On 10/15/2017 at 0:36 PM, Sovereigndawg said:

I played 1 battle in random victory and the rest 1 a day in co op I don't play new ships in random until the fervor to kill the new ship dies down.

This, too.   I just start out the day's gaming with a quick Oktober game in Co-op to get that win.  No flags, nothing but premium DCP.  I have WAYYY too much xp sitting in premium ships right now, I don't need more,lol.  After that, I'll normally switch to whatever I feel like playing that day- possibly even Oktober.

It shares a 10 point captain with Nikolai.

Honestly, once the masses figured out the easiest and most effective way to kill a Nikolai- swarm it with DD's and torpedo cruisers- it sucked all the fun out of playing it in pvp.  It sure didn't feel OP then,lol!    Hit play- start moving towards where you want to go- get spotted- EVERY torpedo armed ship on the red team charges at you, and you spend the remainder of your very short game dodging torpedoes- and eating them.   Rinse repeat. 

That was EVERY random match I played in it after a few games.  

Oktober, having a nearly identical set up, including all the disadvantages of same- AND a limited use DCP, AND seeing tier 5 mm, holds absolutely no draw for pvp play for me...   Same tactics work just as well against it.  Only difference is your AA is more than just Boris shouting communist propaganda at enemy planes via a megaphone- it actually shoots down some planes!

As nasty as a 12 gun broadside of WG's Stalinium Soviet guns can be- it's oh-so-easy to out maneuver your turrets.  And it's citadel protection is nothing to write home to Mom about.   The closer the enemy gets, the more time you spend waiting for your turrets to catch up.   It's an interesting novelty ship to play, but nothing more. 

That gloriously hideous perma camo is definitely worth it, though.  I like to imagine my enemies screaming AHHH My EYES!!!

Yesterday, an enemy Colorado managed to get way too close while I was slugging it out with my bot counterpart.  (our 2 colorados had turned an ran for the back- refusing to push at all.  Thus it was up to me to defend our cap from the onslaught of charging bot BB's)  I knew I hadn't a snowball's chance in Hades of surviving the encounter- my guns were all pointed the other way, and I was at half health.   (Standard mode battle, Fault Line map.)

So I rammed him.    If I gotta die- YOU are coming with me!

So, yeah OP: to avoid the frustration of the usual losing streaks while simply trying to get that ONE win to get the container- just play a match in co-op.

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

Played it once...meh.  I don't like it.

Update:  Played it 5 times...0 for 5.  101k damage loss...86k damage loss.  F tier 5.  Glad I don't waste my money.

Edited by LastSamurai714

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, OgreMkV said:

I'm starting to think that this boat is OP. 

Just took out a Colorado in a 1-1 duel. I did 34k to him, sinking him. He only did about 18k to me. 

Colorado is kind of squishy to start with. You can cit that with cruiser 203's. The fire chance on the Okt's main guns is kind of hilarious. Other than that it's pretty good for a tier 5...if it only saw tier 5.