You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackBinary

A new type of trolling

18 comments in this topic

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,350 battles

this nicholas kept following me, guns ripping away, attracting enemy cruisers and scaring off battleships.

No matter where I went, he was on my 6, doing his thing.

I tell him to go away, no response.

never have I more contemplated going pink.

Did ~10K damage that match.

• Cool 1

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,151 battles

sometimes you would have a perfect torp angle just to see a troller move into the path and have to hold on the torps

[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles

Is there more to this story?  Were you a completely random, innocent target?  Any chat that led up to this?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,413 posts
9,589 battles
3 hours ago, JackBinary said:

this nicholas kept following me, guns ripping away, attracting enemy cruisers and scaring off battleships.

Been there..   Simple, as also stated above.  Just stop in a safe location.  The other operator will get bored and move on.

And I assume you are also in a destroyer.  If I were in a BB, CA, and maybe in a CV, I might welcome that.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
3 hours ago, JackBinary said:

Yeah I hate to say it the Admins won't do anything about them (Either they are employee accounts or elite players) so ignore them and hope they don't get to aggressive. Had this problem in other game forums thankfully this site has ignore. Also blacklist them in game.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles

I say revel in your newly-discovered power! You're a DD Whisperer!

Never will you be without a handy torp-chucking remora. "sic 'em, DD!" will be your battlecry!

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
4 hours ago, JackBinary said:

Yesterday I submitted a replay and reported a CV on my team who everyone thought was a bot because for the first 5 minutes of the game he did nothing but spam Well Done!! and craplike that and move around without launching any planes. Then he launched a couple while talking crapin chat and did nothing but hang back and wait for killsteals. We won despite the handicap but having idiots like this is frustrating.

There need to be more reporting options and no limits (except on a specific person in a specific game) for bull craplike this. He could be a raging [edited] as long as he attempted to play his role. Their handicapping the team deliberately is my issue.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,413 posts
9,589 battles
11 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Yesterday I submitted a replay and reported a CV on my team who everyone thought was a bot because for the first 5 minutes of the game he did nothing but spam Well Done!! and craplike that and move around without launching any planes. Then he launched a couple while talking crapin chat and did nothing but hang back and wait for killsteals. We won despite the handicap but having idiots like this is frustrating.

There need to be more reporting options and no limits (except on a specific person in a specific game) for bull craplike this. He could be a raging [edited] as long as he attempted to play his role. Their handicapping the team deliberately is my issue.

Kill 7 ships.....  Team-play and winning is completely optional.

Sounds like a man on a mission.

[TURDS]
Members
587 posts
3,955 battles
1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

I say revel in your newly-discovered power! You're a DD Whisperer!

Never will you be without a handy torp-chucking remora. "sic 'em, DD!" will be your battlecry!

"torp-chucking remora", "sic 'em DD" Okay, that was a good chuckle! Thanks! I may have to use those. 

Members
3,419 posts
8,276 battles
12 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Is there more to this story?  Were you a completely random, innocent target?  Any chat that led up to this?

Yeah, because that might validate or justify the behavior of the infant driving the Nicolas.   

[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles
10 hours ago, lemekillmister said:

Yeah, because that might validate or justify the behavior of the infant driving the Nicolas.   

Not completely, no, because childish is childish.  I am not accusing you of anything, btw, I am just asking.  No need to get defensive...

...or is there?

Members
3,419 posts
8,276 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Not completely, no, because childish is childish.  I am not accusing you of anything, btw, I am just asking.  No need to get defensive...

...or is there?

No, not at all.

I'm not saying you did but I've observed people asking; when did you stop beating your wife, Glenn? 

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles

Can't say i've done that active pursuit type thing, but I mayyy have, at one point, strategic revealed and caused a battleship to hit the brakes such that a temmates torps missed....  and mine hit.  lol.  Now, I didn't do it just so that their torps would miss but only so that mine would hit because they were off target.  The other guy was kindof starchy anyways, so i don't feel too terrible.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,974 posts
7,530 battles

I've had guys get between me and any targets, and then keep their speed matched to stay there, so that I couldn't ever launch torps. I averaged around 7k damage those rounds, all guns, and that was when they'd allow me to stay within gun range, not too5 easy in an IJN DD, far easier with Farragut. It's absurd that people are such d*cks, but, they are. 

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,367 battles
55 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I've had guys get between me and any targets, and then keep their speed matched to stay there, so that I couldn't ever launch torps. I averaged around 7k damage those rounds, all guns, and that was when they'd allow me to stay within gun range, not too5 easy in an IJN DD, far easier with Farragut. It's absurd that people are such d*cks, but, they are. 

just get right up next to them then, and start firing.  all the incoming fire will hit them instead of you, even if they stay in stealth.  Also gives you the opportunity to push them into all the torps meant for you.  Ready-made meatshield.