Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Dear WG - any point play high tier cruisers?

15 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,184 battles

Dear WG - any point to play high tier cruiser games? Only tier 10 ca:s are good? Others are xp pinjatas. 

And what is this idea to create Isoroku Yamamoto op captain? -34 main battery loading time and etc buffs?

High tier games there are no more room to play if player is pretty standard player.  Standard players do not have and will not have  Yamamotos. Very obviously normal players are not mentioned to play tier 10 games. 

TNX for a nice games but you have taken steps toward wrong directions. Eventually many players are lost.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,333 posts
6,609 battles

Everyone can get Yamamoto, just like everyone can get Shinonome or a T10, all it takes is some time.

And Roon and Ibuki were both very decent ships.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,588 posts

Henri IV is damn punchy if you know how to use her

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,184 battles

I think battleships players has won this war. Unfortunately I do not like to play battleships. 

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

The Tier level and ship type that you feel most comfortable playing is where and what you should play. As more people acquire greater experience, the pool of skilled players will increase. A "casual" player(like myself) will have increasing difficulty breaking even at the higher tiers.

Sold my Zao and Roon long ago due to them being money losers for me. They are fine ships, but I jump ships types too much to focus down how to play them profitably without using premium time. That's on me, not the ship. If I go against someone in a T10 that lives on board that particular ship, then I will be outmatched every time. Jumping from a Kuma into a Bismark, into an Atago, into a Shimmy is a completely different thing, but that's how I roll some days.

If there is a ship that you like, but can't seem to make work, then search the Net for information. Possibly adjust how you play that ship to see if there is a way to make it work for you. 

The only two metrics that I use are... Am I having fun? and Am I making silver?  My shimmy is a break-even ship at best, but it is my only remaining T10, so my silver levels don't drop. 44 other ships to choose from at the moment, and only have an hour our so to play most days, so specific ship skill is not my strong point. 

If the OP is grinding to a specific T10, then I would advise just buckling down and doing your best, or spending the free XP to jump.  But you better have a plan on how to use the thing once you have it. T10 is not an auto-win button, even if some players make it look like that.  :)

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,340 posts
3,962 battles
1 hour ago, Finnkax said:

I think battleships players has won this war. Unfortunately I do not like to play battleships. 

You can still kill battleships with cruisers.  You just have to play dirty against them - ambush them or gang up on a battleship with multiple ships. 

For me, I never go broadside or solo-fight a higher-tier battleship.  I always coordinate with my team and we punish them for playing battleships.  For one game, I was in a Kutuzov and I raked a Tirpitz with flames alongside two Atlantas.  In another game, I was in an Atago and I worked with a Shimikaze to release all of our torps at the same time, catching two Yamatos off-guard.

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

I think that high-tier cruisers, especially tier 10s, are in a good spot and can more than hold their own. A Zao or Moskva or Hindeberg can easily beat a tier 10 BB(the supposed counter to cruisers) in a 1 vs. 1 battle at 15km.

If anything it is some mid-tier cruisers(tiers 5-8) that feel more like vulnerable support ships and have a harder time carrying matches.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[PVE]
Members
5,682 posts
18,273 battles

I plan on grinding up to tier 10 to get the ships and dock them in port. High tier gameplay isn't much fun IMHO and it is not profitable without paying real money for camouflage. I only want the tier 10's to park in port to get the rewards of having them that they do once or twice a year. The New Orleans is such a dog but I play her to grind the campaign rewards, only have the last stage to do in the Honors campaign and the Yamato one. When those are done and I have enough to get my tier 10's, it is off to have fun and get away from the grind. 

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles

The Yamamoto campaign is geared towards cruisers imo.

Many of the 3 pin missions tend to IX-X Cruisers or DDs.

[SPTR]
Members
25,836 posts
11,141 battles

Because stay back and spam HE and for them to cuss at the chat, "OMG HE spammer such an annoying piece of sh*t!" Lol

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,981 battles
2 hours ago, Finnkax said:

So, you are unwilling to play an easy class but are also unwilling to learn a hard class.

k then, good luck there.

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,618 battles

Roon, Mogami w/ 155's, Zao, Hindenburg, Ibuki, any of the British cruisers, Moskva...yeah, there are some good high-tier cruisers.

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,184 battles
8 hours ago, Pulicat said:

So, you are unwilling to play an easy class but are also unwilling to learn a hard class.

k then, good luck there.

Exatly with these terms. 

Sign in to follow this