Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DingBat

Udaloi setup

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

So, I just unlocked the Udaloi. My favorite dd's are the Blys, Gremmy, and Khab, so it feels like I'm going to enjoy this. But I wanted to get some feedback on setup. 

Captain setup:

13 pt captain

1. Priority Target

2. Last Stand

3. BFT and DE

4. AFT

Upgrades:

1. Main Armaments 1

2. Aiming Systems 1

3. AA Mod 3 (?) <---- Need advice on this one

4. Damage control 1

5. Steering 2

6. Target Acquisition System 1 (?)

I went with Target Acquisition as the last upgrade as I figure it's better to see enemies earlier. Concealment is pretty much wasted on a ship that intends to fire a lot. But I can see the value of Steering 3. 

Thoughts? And thanks.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,860 posts
11,568 battles

This is my set up, pretty happy with it. It's kills planes, is never gonna be a stealthy boat but the concealment is enough for me to control engagements (but not contest caps). On my Khab I totally gave up on concealment but the Uda I play differently, not 100% to the constant run and gun.

59e2cf79edb5e_ScreenShot2017-10-14at9_59_39PM.thumb.png.1a3e9f2d9a6f04e2e2d7ba23b0ca805b.png59e2cf83e3622_ScreenShot2017-10-14at10_00_21PM.thumb.png.c6348b749c41a42159a52d3535625405.png

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I have main battery mod three, and CE. With MBM3 you have a 4s reload, which gets really quick with AR. With CE, as soon as you are spotted, you can torp the enemy. Though, if you find it useless, go with Steering gears mod 3.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
514 posts
4,670 battles

If your Udaloi captain is on deck to go into the Grozavoi I'd consider getting CE next since that's a ship that actually benefits from it otherwise everything so far looks good.  I personally didn't go with DE; I was initially going to go MCAA since the Groz has some of the best AA for a DD, though upon looking at it a combo of TAE and Torpedo Mod3 can make it a potentially decent torp/dual purpose boat as well (with points left over for AR).  Either way it's entirely dependent on your style of play and considering you're a fan of the Gremy and Khab DE is not at all a bad choice.

For modules I went MBM3 for the rate of fire, Udaloi's AA is terrible so you might as well bank on the guns more (plus the turn rate penalty isn't bad since they're not the garbage slow ones on the Tashkent).  Also for the last slot Target Acquisition is the last thing I'd pick, her detection range is huge and it doesn't make you spot anything sooner, just ups that 2km bubble around you that guarantees detection even thru smoke and islands.  Instead I went with Steering Gears3, though as Doomlock said with either CE or Concealment Mod1 your detection range equals your torp range, and with both you get her detection down to just over 7km for a small stealth torp window.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Thanks for the advice, gents. Seems I did not understand how the Target Acquisition mod works. 

Sign in to follow this