Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Anyone else want to join in?

27 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,018 posts
8,249 battles

Weekend or weekday, my experience is teams are wipeouts vs. competent ones about 90% or so of the time. So many 1-sided matches I have trouble remembering good matches now. Can't even carry in Haku -_-

Wouldn't mind if WG set a minimum base XP (say, 1000) after T7, no other way to get rewards for that match. Didn't get that much? No credits nor experience. Consistent over 4 matches or so in same ship? Then player needs a message saying "Ok, looks you have much room for improvement. Please do the following:

1) WOWS Wikia, consult the summary there for this ship you're derping in

2) Enable replays, see what you could do better

3) Go to WOWS forum, ask for help"

Then again, make it require competence to get rewards and the players that find derping fun might ragequit, plus there's always the possibility said player has mental or physical disability/limit that prevents achieving it (older guys have slower reflexes, for instance). So potentially too counterproductive to be worthwhile. Problem that can't be solved--irritating!

So frankly, it seems all we can do is endure. Small wonder I'm more motivated to play WOWS eagerly only when in a division.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

Great top tier even more difficult to make money.  No one would take a cruiser into top tier battles and few DDs.  Top tiers would be all battleships....   Nah.

Members
9,969 posts

Be serious...As long as WG can sell Tier 8's, they aren't going to do anything to interfere with who plays top tier. 

They firmly believe that pushing players to top tier pays, even though they seem to act like it isn't.:cap_hmm:

[WAG]
Beta Testers
680 posts
5,552 battles
23 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Weekend or weekday, my experience is teams are wipeouts vs. competent ones about 90% or so of the time. So many 1-sided matches I have trouble remembering good matches now. Can't even carry in Haku -_-

Wouldn't mind if WG set a minimum base XP (say, 1000) after T7, no other way to get rewards for that match. Didn't get that much? No credits nor experience. Consistent over 4 matches or so in same ship? Then player needs a message saying "Ok, looks you have much room for improvement. Please do the following:

1) WOWS Wikia, consult the summary there for this ship you're derping in

2) Enable replays, see what you could do better

3) Go to WOWS forum, ask for help"

Then again, make it require competence to get rewards and the players that find derping fun might ragequit, plus there's always the possibility said player has mental or physical disability/limit that prevents achieving it (older guys have slower reflexes, for instance). So potentially too counterproductive to be worthwhile. Problem that can't be solved--irritating!

So frankly, it seems all we can do is endure. Small wonder I'm more motivated to play WOWS eagerly only when in a division.

i dont agree with the sentiment, but i can see a way in which it would work - to both stop progression from t8-10 for players unwilling to learn (unless they are willing to pay). 

set it 900 for winning side, 600 for losing side, make consumables and cammo get used, but reduce the cost of operating the ship to 0 if they get 0 credits for that match (gain nothing, but dont have to deal with the massive complaints losing 200k+ each match would bring) and any loss in credits would be the players fault for bringing unnecessary items into the match when not prepared for the tier.

but again, is still a very harsh punishment for players in T8+ which ocationally still has issues with population and que times - so i cant support a policy that would bring the numbers down, no matter how much it may help the player-base in the long turn (so long as there isnt a mass exodus from the game due to it, i think it would be a good thing in the long run)

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
57 minutes ago, Reymu said:

(older guys have slower reflexes, for instance)

Just what we, older guys, want you to think. The Art of War.

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
22 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Just what we, older guys, want you to think. The Art of War.

If I understand the question correctly. It's a dilemma. I have both physical (my poor eyesight 20-200 but it varies a little also so things can get blurred. I really enjoy this game and hope someday to achieve a tier 8 through ten vessel. I may be older than but I hope I live long enough to get there.  I don't have the answer and I see the frustration from those who end up with me on their team. I believe most likely there will always be players who rise higher then their competence level (like my Boss). 

9723f33e5eb28c1a162ec7087383a150--japanese-phrases-japanese-quotes.jpg.4ec86d8bf2ed62b5b23d5b16c1b768d8.jpg

[LOU1]
Members
3,039 posts
8,128 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

mental or physical disability/limit that prevents achieving it (older guys have slower reflexes, for instance).

Out of curiosity, at what age does "older" occur?

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
17 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Older is when you decide that smoking pot or drinking or sex is for younger people. Of course there always is "When your reflexes quit". What do you know? I guess I'm not older yet.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[LOU1]
Members
3,039 posts
8,128 battles
28 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Older is when you decide that smoking pot or drinking or sex is for younger people. Of course there always is "When your reflexes quit". What do you know? I guess I'm not older yet.

LOL

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
35 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Vodka and Paxil and Luvox nice calming cocktail. Almost drives the self-loathing away. Will pass on sex discussion makes me a little nauseous just the thought. Have bad reflexes oh my I am old at 29 years 

dfgerg.gif

[PSP]
Members
6,268 posts
8,901 battles
28 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

oh my I am old at 29 years 

Try doubling that! When I look back on the past thirty years I realize that it's been an interesting journey. It's a shame that in thirty more years I'll probably be dead.

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

Try doubling that! When I look back on the past thirty years I realize that it's been an interesting journey. It's a shame that in thirty more years I'll probably be dead.

Would trade you if I could. You earned it if that is your desire.  You are fine Gentleman with funny name Mr. Snargfargle. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

As an older disabled dude surprised you went there. Don't forget with age comes cunning. 

Random battles is always a free for all. Always will be.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Older is when you go to the metal show and don't jump in the mosh pit. I gave that up.

[PSP]
Members
6,268 posts
8,901 battles

My philosophy is that if you are not one of the more interesting people you know than you aren't living your life right. Life is about learning new things, having new experiences, seeing new places and meeting new people. Enjoy!

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My philosophy is that if you are not one of the more interesting people you know than you aren't living your life right. Life is about learning new things, having new experiences, seeing new places and meeting new people. Enjoy!

Wonderful man and philosophy. To me its a much sadder place. This game and forum and one other are my happy place. I love you guys who are gruff but sweat and funny. 

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
20 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Older is when you go to the metal show and don't jump in the mosh pit. I gave that up.

You are very humorous, and great outlook on life. Love your wit  

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
5 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

You are very humorous, and great outlook on life. Love your wit  

LOL. For you I will say mosh'sh pit :)

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
Just now, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

You are funny just not 無乳 I already know this. 

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles

I had to look up Mosh'sh pit: I got this 

The ultimate way to show your love for your loud, pounding music taste. Controlled violence. The thing about the Mosh Pit is NOONE will take offence at you whacking them in the face...(I personally congradulate those that get a good shot in) there are different type of "pits" you can participate in, here are a few. 

Closed Pit: Tight, hard to move and hard to breathe. A closed pit will usually happen during popular heavy songs like Slipknot - Duality or a S.O.A.D song. 

Open Pit: Generally the worst/best you can pick a target and reach them, throw them across the floor punch them, barge them. There's enough room to just dive about punching everyone still causing little offece (Do be prepared to be hit back...a lot) 
songs that will get open pits are the less popular but heavy ones. 
Motograter music gathers a lot of open pits. 

Circle Pit: The larger or stronger Moshers or Metal heads will run around in an empty circle punching those on the outside of the circle and pushing the runner infront until he either leaves or falls to be trodden on. these will happen on most slayer songs. 

Slam-dancing Pits: Created by "Wooble" of Wolverhmapton fame. One hand will be behind back at all times (usually holding your beer) and the other one will be swinging side to side, whaloping other slam-dancers and headbanging to yourself. 
Lamb Of God - Now You've Got Something To Die For 
Is perfect to slam-dance to. 

Piss-take Pits: Maetal heads will enjoy poking fun at the emo music by doe-see-doeing and linking arms and swinging happily...Some even girly-mosh in where they rest their heads on tachothers shoulders and flail their arms madly. this is where you generally ignore themusic and do stupid things while the emo's dance. 

Any phisical damage done in a mosh pit should be "handshaked" away no hard feelings, enjoy

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
6 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Had to Because Mz,Miss,Mrs, Mr. Suzukaze. is evil and could have been a curse from some long-forgotten culture. Never know. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
1 hour ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Had to Because Mz,Miss,Mrs, Mr. Suzukaze. is evil and could have been a curse from some long-forgotten culture. Never know. 

Lol, Mr. actually

Circle pits are the best. You can see one here, Suzuka parts the crowd to form a wall of death (when they all bash into each other) than a circle pit forms. 

Members
566 posts
1,889 battles
4 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Lol, Mr. actually

Circle pits are the best. You can see one here, Suzuka parts the crowd to form a wall of death (when they all bash into each other) than a circle pit forms. 

Close up Never attended a concert could never deal with the crowds. Teriffing) amazing to watch like Tiger eating buffalo. Scary. Suzukaze ar very strange but fun person.  

Members
18,239 posts
5,209 battles
10 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Probably single digits, toddlers trained to a task have amazing reflexes. It's all downhill from there. It's just a matter of what age your reflexes slow below the threshold of control input speed.

Sign in to follow this