You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Texas_Vet

In Game Communication question

4 comments in this topic

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,479 battles

I have a question.  First, let me describe what I see so the question is how is that performed.

There are pre-determined communications allowed to be selected by pressing the "B" key.  I will see a specific ship and skipper/player references with one of those options.  For example, the "Get Back!" selection  I will see someone by themselves about to be the single fish in the fishbowl as so to speak.  Then another player will be able to send a message to that player with the "Get Back!" statement.

I have also seen people target someone in chat with that ability, with a specific statement or question.

How do you do that?

Edited by Texas_Vet

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,270 battles

If you are talking about the "[Ship] get back!" message, just press CTRL and then hover your curser over the ships name/health bar and then press B to access the command.

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,270 battles

Moreover, if you press CTRL, hover over an object, and B, you get a bunch of cool commands. Some examples:

Attention to [planes/specific ship]!

Defend the capture point!

Well done [ship name]!

Thank you [ship name]!

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,479 battles

So, as I am in normal view (zoomed out), and see a ship that I want to send a specific message to, I would then:

Press CONTROL, hover the curser over the ship name/health bar, then press B, select the message, and off it goes.

I will try that on my next match.  Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

On 10/14/2017 at 7:15 PM, AtlanticRim said:

Moreover, if you press CTRL, hover over an object, and B, you get a bunch of cool commands. Some examples:

Attention to [planes/specific ship]!

Defend the capture point!

Well done [ship name]!

Thank you [ship name]!