You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Two additional port options I would like

9 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,420 posts
9,575 battles

I have repeatedly found myself wishing for the same two additional features in port, so I want to bring them up and see what you all think.

1. A ship lock.  This feature would allow you to 'lock' a ship I have in port and would require me to 'unlock' it to sell it.  I have nearly sold a few ships I keep because of a permanent camo I earned for them, and because I currently have 76 ships in port I often forget which ones they are.  This would remind me there is a reason I am keeping them.  This is admittedly a feature to protect me from myself, because I am getting old and forgetful.
  2. I, uh...I forget the second one.

2.  Nah, just kidding.  My second proposal would be an indicator on each ship in port telling me when I last played it.  This would accomplish one of two things...either encourage me to sell it or prompt me to knock the rust off of it and play it.

[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have repeatedly found myself wishing for the same two additional features in port, so I want to bring them up and see what you all think.

1. A ship lock.  This feature would allow you to 'lock' a ship I have in port and would require me to 'unlock' it to sell it.  I have nearly sold a few ships I keep because of a permanent camo I earned for them, and because I currently have 76 ships in port I often forget which ones they are.  This would remind me there is a reason I am keeping them.  This is admittedly a feature to protect me from myself, because I am getting old and forgetful.
  2. I, uh...I forget the second one.

2.  Nah, just kidding.  My second proposal would be an indicator on each ship in port telling me when I last played it.  This would accomplish one of two things...either encourage me to sell it or prompt me to knock the rust off of it and play it.

Those are good ideas. Since I'm a ship hoarder collector, I've decided to keep them all. Not everybody wants to and these two ideas would help with managing ships.

I would like the ability to pick favorite ships. I have 126 ships in port and I'm grinding between T5 & T7 on all nations. Except CVs, I'm still on T4 for both of those. So I would like to pick favorite ships, so the ones I'm grinding would appear together. Then when I want to play something else, I can use the other filters.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you keep any earned camouflages for non-premium ships, even if you sell them? I think it's an account thing and not necessarily a ship thing, but then I've been wrong plenty of times before.

[O_O]
Members
4,420 posts
9,575 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I would like the ability to pick favorite ships. I have 126 ships in port and I'm grinding between T5 & T7 on all nations. Except CVs, I'm still on T4 for both of those. So I would like to pick favorite ships, so the ones I'm grinding would appear together. Then when I want to play something else, I can use the other filters.

Actually, you can.  Right click a ship in your carousel, and there is an option to 'set as primary ship'.  You can do this for several ships, and it does exactly what you are asking for.

[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Actually, you can.  Right click a ship in your carousel, and there is an option to 'set as primary ship'.  You can do this for several ships, and it does exactly what you are asking for.

Shiny. I learn something new each day. Thank you.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
86 posts
7,954 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

This is already in the port (I found it by accident recently).  When you open the ship display panel that lets you narrow down ships based on nation, class, etc.., there is a drop down menu in the bottom right that says "Display Order."  One of the options is to order your list of ships by "Most Recent Battle."  Scrolling all the way to the right would then show you the ship that you haven't played in the longest time.

Members
835 posts
4,631 battles
1 hour ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you keep any earned camouflages for non-premium ships, even if you sell them? I think it's an account thing and not necessarily a ship thing, but then I've been wrong plenty of times before.

You keep the permanent camouflages. If you visit your Depot and scroll to the camouflage tab, it will show you all the camos you have. The permanent ones, like the Bismarck, Hood, Dunkirk-Dunkerque and 2nd Anniversary skins cannot be sold, so they stay in your inventory forever.

Members
417 posts

I wouldn't mind an option that allows you to sort ships by how much XP you need to reach the next tier, discounting free XP.  If you are playing ships across multiple lines and nations, this will allow you to focus a bit. The US Weekend reminded me that I was pretty close on several ships.