You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Goodwood_Alpha

To Khab or not to Khab...

18 comments in this topic

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

To Khab, or not to Khab, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the shells and torpedoes of outrageous fortune, or to engage secondary batteries against a sea of troubles and, in so doing, to sink them.

Screenshot says it all, but what do you lot think?

Khab_Or_Not_Khab.png

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

Nah, don't Khab. They keep nerfing it. They nerfed its rudder shift, they nerfed its torpedo range, they're gonne nerf it again, mark my words - maybe the gray paint on the hull will be made less grey or the smokestack will get nerfed, but it's coming!

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nah, don't Khab. They keep nerfing it. They nerfed its rudder shift, they nerfed its torpedo range, they're gonne nerf it again, mark my words - maybe the gray paint on the hull will be made less grey or the smokestack will get nerfed, but it's coming!

It can still twirl around at range and HE spam everything- occasionally switching to AP... all but the best spend most of their time just trying to survive while pressing LMB than they do pressing any meaningful advantage for the team. A big part of the challenge is in having the patience to find that pocket of the map where you can do the most good instead of being pressured into pressing a bad position before the battle has shaken out. And the person who has found that 1% location on the map during that battle deserves a reward. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

I got one but don’t like to play her. The Udaloi is more fun in my opinion. The Khab is like the Minotaur: the moment people spot you all guns turn your way. This and what Lert said. 

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

Khab is great fun.  Even with the nerfs, she is still great fun.  If you're Khababing correctly, the rudder shift won't affect you at all.  When you are doing 45 knots in a straight line, even the smallest of shifts and course changes render you all but impossible to hit except to the best and most skilled players.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

maybe the gray paint on the hull will be made less grey or the smokestack will get nerfed, but it's coming!

rumor has it they're nerfing the anchors next; read it in a post from the Shangri-La server

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
24 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

To Khab, or not to Khab, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the shells and torpedoes of outrageous fortune, or to engage secondary batteries against a sea of troubles and, in so doing, to sink them.

Screenshot says it all, but what do you lot think?

Khab_Or_Not_Khab.png

Do it.

Also, that Tashkent camo looks ba-dass AF.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Khab is great fun.  Even with the nerfs, she is still great fun.  If you're Khababing correctly, the rudder shift won't affect you at all.  When you are doing 45 knots in a straight line, even the smallest of shifts and course changes render you all but impossible to hit except to the best and most skilled players.  

See, that's the odd thing about Khabbie, she's best played at almost direct odds with my usual playstyle in DDs—never did figure out how to be a support destroyer, me. I'm much more comfortable with the idea of advancing into an area first and being the eyes of the fleet, taking potshots with guns and torpedoes if and when necessary. This is, of course, much to the flavor of the Japanese line, and it's my most played destroyer nation. But perhaps learning to Khab properly would be a good way to learn the support destroyer role?

Further thoughts would be appreciated.

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,736 battles

...isn't a question at all.

Highest speed in the game? Heaviest broadside weight on a dd? Trolly armor and no citadel? Warp engine that accelerates like a rocket? 

Heck yeah, you should get it! I don't care if you don't have working torpedoes, or have bad concealment, the fun factor justifies all your investment.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
6,503 battles

Oh HELL Yeah!  The Khab is the most fun DD I've played in a long time.  I started earnestly grinding the Tashkent at about 20,000 XP.  It took me about 3 weeks to get er done.

However, it is absolutely not a frontline DD.  If you try early capping in it, you will die quickly.  The Khab excels when you keep BB's at range and burn them to the waterline.  Rely on you speed and be the most annoying flamethrower in the game.

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,139 battles

If you get the Khab, don't run smoke.  Heal is your friend.  Also, pay attention to your potential damage stat after the match... sometimes its crazy how much damage you can avoid.

B

[DAKI]
Members
629 posts
6,428 battles

Lol i dont why know why they'd nerf it more, i rarely [edited]see the damn thing in matches anymore. I rarely see russian dds period.

I get other dds can be for the team more or whatever, but these ships are so fun.

[AFW_]
Members
32 posts
5,035 battles

Got it just prior to the second major nerf (rudder) and now she just sits anchored in my bay. She has been bent over and screwed without any lubricant. The ship is just not a contender anymore. Took the captain and requalified him to another ship.

Members
3,725 posts
14,997 battles

There are better T10 destroyers but since you are so close already I would say to just get it at this point.

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,025 battles

Nope the KHab is still OP and you should get it as long as they let it dominate any game it is in you defiantly should get it. No other ship has its plethora of advantages

[BWC]
Members
242 posts
10,099 battles

Well I can tell you from my experience. Started with IJN DD's until the split it. Have been sitting on my t9 Yogomo since then. Since that split, I started up the RU DD Line and got my Khab about 2 weeks ago. Have no desire to play my t9 or get my t10 IJN DD.  I also have the Gearing, has since been shelved since I got my Khab. If I want to play a gun boat, get out the Khab, if I want to be a torp boat, I get my Gearing.