Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Saipan vs Kaga vs Enterprise

??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. ??

• Clickpan
    • Klickga
    • Enterclick

21 comments in this topic

Members
1,936 posts

Hey

I've decided on a CV premium.

I looked at a lots of vids amd reviews. GZ is the only I've ruled out because I don't foresee a KM CV line.

I'm leaning towards the Saipan but I'm wary because she trains captains for the inferior  line. 

Kaga seems interesting in a "throw waves of rice paper planes at ships" kinda way.

Enterprise looks dope but who even knows when she will return to the store. 

Members
858 posts
1,806 battles

Keep in mind that Saipan has higher tier planes but smaller squadrons, whereas the other two have lower tier planes.  Personally I find that rather frustrating - it's hard to get used to the 'rice paper planes' aspect as you put it.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,137 battles

Well, which CV line do you play (or plan to play). I think Enterprise is the least gimmicky of the 3, which might make it easier to switch captains around on. But Saipans always harvest the most salt from inexperienced opposing CV players (I've seen "how am i supposed to fight T9 planes" so many times in chat)

Members
1,936 posts
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Well, which CV line do you play (or plan to play). I think Enterprise is the least gimmicky of the 3, which might make it easier to switch captains around on. But Saipans always harvest the most salt from inexperienced opposing CV players (I've seen "how am i supposed to fight T9 planes" so many times in chat)

Going up both simultaneously.

At Ranger and Hiryū

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles

I've found Enterprise to be the most forgiving of the three.  Having a good supply of fighters helps gain air superiority.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
14 minutes ago, Battleship_Dunkerque said:

Keep in mind that Saipan has higher tier planes but smaller squadrons, whereas the other two have lower tier planes.  Personally I find that rather frustrating - it's hard to get used to the 'rice paper planes' aspect as you put it.

Smaller with the exception of the bomber squadrons which are extra large.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,805 posts
7,073 battles
Just now, HobGoblin0 said:

The American line has the advantage of giving you up to three ships you can train a commander on.

3?

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The Saipan does have the superior strafe out which is pretty nice.

I love this video on the topic.

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles

Enterprise is a very fun ship to play.  But it is not a ship I recommend if u are starting to play CV.  Saipan has really strong fighters if strafing and shooting down planes is your thing.  Also u can run a 2-2-0 load out which provides decent damage.  Kaga on the other hand is pure strike set up.  Very fun when top tier but can be pretty crappy going up a good Saipan player and also tier 9 ships.  If u are starting out and don’t intend to go up the USN line then I suggest the Kaga.  I have all 3 and all of them has their strength and weakness and all are fun to play.  Good luck!

Edited by Not_Your_Average_Potato

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,805 posts
7,073 battles

In terms of rock/paper/scissors, Saipan wins vs Kaga in the hands of equally competent players, Enterprise wins whatever, rofl stomping any and all, but is wasted on a 100% novice player with at best, a 3 point captain. 

But for fun? Kaga, any day.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,122 posts
14,519 battles

Saipan, Kaga, or Enterprise?  Very tough choice.

That said, if you want the CV that will wring the most performance with minimal worry, and be a total nightmare to rival CVs, there is only one clear answer.

SAIPAN

Saipan is a Tier VII CVL with Tier IX planes.  On the off chance she has to face Tier IX competition, it's not TOO BAD for her.  Compare that to Enterprise, who as a Tier VIII CV, gets fed into Tier X matches a lot.  Seriously, my DM, Henri IV, Hindenburg, Montana, etc. love planes from Tier VIII CVs.  They get swatted like it's nothing.

Saipan's aircraft are a nightmare to deal with for Tier VII CVs.  Hell, Saipan is so good that it can take on a Tier VII & Tier VI CV alone and wipe the skies clear if the player is good enough.  I've seen that happen, and I've been that Tier VI CV fighting Saipan's Corsairs.  It's very rough.

I rated Saipan higher over Kaga for Tier VII.  Don't get me wrong.  Kaga is an amazing CV for Tier VII.  But the ONE glaring weakness she has are AS CVs, and if it's a 2/2/0 or 3/0/1 Saipan, it's even worse.  The only thing you hope for as a Kaga player in that case is that the Saipan player is incompetent (and there are many as I've observed in recent months).  Kaga can lay a terrific amount of damage down, like, "Team Carry" levels of damage.  But a competent AS CV or Saipan is your worst nightmare.

Because of her influence in the air, her gimmicks (strafe out with no loss in planes, buffed ammo capacity a while back, Tier IX planes), I rate Saipan as the most dangerous CV at Tier VII and a safer buy.  In addition, Saipan is the last Premium CV that WG has given optional specs.  You can play with the Stock 3/0/1 or Strike 2/2/0.  Both are very nice in their own ways.  Later Premium CVs Kaga and Enterprise have zero spec options.  Jury is still out on Graf Zeppelin with WG's tweaks.

Enterprise does not dominate her tier like Saipan does, Enterprise also has to deal with the Tier X frequently, which is where the BEST AA in the game resides.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this