Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Prushn

The pain!

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

147
Members
790 posts
6,339 battles

The worst position to be in is to be a player that is improving but not at the level to really sway the game. You are conscious enough to know what is happening and yet not at the skill level to do much about it. That, is so frustrating. That and the fact that I've played almost all BBs up to now and tried a Cruiser today. They are NOT going to hold a parade for me anytime soon. :)

Edited by Prushn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,982 battles
3 minutes ago, Prushn said:

The worst position to be in is to be a player that is improving but not at the level to really sway the game. You are conscious enough to know what is happening and yet not at the skill level to do much about it. That, is so frustrating.

You just described me perfectly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
2 minutes ago, Prushn said:

The worst position to be in is to be a player that is improving but not at the level to really sway the game. You are conscious enough to know what is happening and yet not at the skill level to do much about it. That, is so frustrating. That and the fact that I've played almost all BBs up to now and tried a Cruiser today. They are NOT going to hold a parade for me anytime soon. :)

I'll see your position, and raise you.  The truly worst position is to know what you are doing wrong...and do it anyway.  lol.  I played this game for a long time and probably know more about the game mechanics than most, but I still do stupid crapbecause..well..  fun.  lol.   Not that I potato ALL the time, but I do.  I will even call out in chat at the game start that what I am about to do is stupid.  So don't feel too bad. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,652 battles

Thanks for making me feel better.  I know that I'm getting better, but it doesn't seem to affect my stats that much - which is why I don't care so much about them anymore.

I just PLAY for the fun of playing the GAME anymore.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,591
[PSP]
Members
6,313 posts
8,935 battles
13 minutes ago, Prushn said:

improving but not at the level to really sway the game. You are conscious enough to know what is happening and yet not at the skill level to do much about it. That, is so frustrating. 

 

I sometimes feel that the answers to some really important questions are just a bit beyond the horizon of my mind.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
665
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,872 posts
1,338 battles
38 minutes ago, Prushn said:

The worst position to be in is to be a player that is improving but not at the level to really sway the game. You are conscious enough to know what is happening and yet not at the skill level to do much about it. That, is so frustrating. That and the fact that I've played almost all BBs up to now and tried a Cruiser today. They are NOT going to hold a parade for me anytime soon. :)

Welcome to my world!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,419
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,079 posts
6,806 battles
44 minutes ago, Prushn said:

The worst position to be in is to be a player that is improving but not at the level to really sway the game. You are conscious enough to know what is happening and yet not at the skill level to do much about it. That, is so frustrating. That and the fact that I've played almost all BBs up to now and tried a Cruiser today. They are NOT going to hold a parade for me anytime soon. :)

this

just.........this, improved a good bit since ive started, but still feel like i could do more for the team but just dont know what that is

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Oh good lord no, it's not just you.  I discovered that I spent too much time studying the nuances of how I should play, only to get into a match and then nothing works the way I thought it was supposed to - with (all too often) a humiliating outcome.  In frustration, I started to think, "I'm old and slow and just poor at computer games, and that's that".  But then it hit me.  Just because WG wants players to rush up a bunch of tiers (assumption) doesn't mean I have to.  I'll get better at my "slower" pace, where I can be an asset to the team, and have fun along the way.  I still work on the nuances, and sure many matches are still frustrating, but much less often.  I imagine being a super-unicum would get boring. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
786
[NG-NL]
Members
5,030 posts
8,269 battles

Doubly painful for rest of us when the learning players don't ask for help :/

 

Had so many baddies playing like trash at high tiers that I'm in top 5 with just 800 base XP easily. Very stupid! Can't the newbies all do us a favor and ask for help? Competent players like me are always willing to share tips.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,657 posts
4,930 battles
7 hours ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I'll see your position, and raise you. The truly worst position is to know what you are doing wrong...and do it anyway. 

This ^

I keep on telling myself, "don't do that, you're going to get exploderated" but then I end up doing it anyway and ... EARTH SHATTERING KABOOOM!!!:Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

This ^

 

I keep on telling myself, "don't do that, you're going to get exploderated" but then I end up doing it anyway and ... EARTH SHATTERING KABOOOM!!!:Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena:

It must be something in the PNW water..or maybe the 300 days of rain we have.  lol.   Or the best beer and wine on the planet... or the most tittie bars per captia.  It has to be something..

 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,657 posts
4,930 battles
2 hours ago, surratus said:

Oh good lord no, it's not just you.  I discovered that I spent too much time studying the nuances of how I should play, only to get into a match and then nothing works the way I thought it was supposed to - with (all too often) a humiliating outcome.  In frustration, I started to think, "I'm old and slow and just poor at computer games, and that's that".  But then it hit me.  Just because WG wants players to rush up a bunch of tiers (assumption) doesn't mean I have to.  I'll get better at my "slower" pace, where I can be an asset to the team, and have fun along the way.  I still work on the nuances, and sure many matches are still frustrating, but much less often.  I imagine being a super-unicum would get boring. 

 

I sort of use a variant of this by taking approaches that I know are going to slow my advance down but allow me to work out details of how to play at each level.  For example, I never "rush up the line".  Instead I work up all lines simultaneously and I rotate which ships I'm playing so that all of the ships in my port are getting played at least some of the time.  What this means is as I advance out of one tier to the next I have LOTS of experience playing with all the various ships of that tier which helps me prepare for the next tier. It takes time and there's always a learning curve when you move up a tier, but even though I may be a potato, I can at least be a fairly competent one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,051
Members
3,805 posts
14,103 battles
3 hours ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Thanks for making me feel better.  I know that I'm getting better, but it doesn't seem to affect my stats that much - which is why I don't care so much about them anymore.

I just PLAY for the fun of playing the GAME anymore.

Same here! Just play the game, have fun, and to hell with other players who think that how well one does in a online GAME is earth shaking, because that don't mean squat.

AAANNNDDD... Welcome to the world of CRUISERS!  :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×