You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raven114

Time for HD client for WoW's

20 comments in this topic

Members
1,786 posts
5,663 battles

Hey Wargaming I just saw the Jingle's video on the new WOT's High Definition Maps. Will we have it soon? That is Spectacular the water effects are spectacular. Looking forward to it, I will shut up now and you can take my money!!!!!!!

Edited by Raven114
  • Cool 2

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles

I agree with you that WOWs should start having HD also on Maps and the ships and etc................ 

[DBD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
56 posts

Yes  Please  All ready with my Nvidia 1080 ti

talbs

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,994 posts
5,887 battles

Maybe we can actually get ships moving on water, instead of on a glass table with a magnet pulling them along?

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

HD would've been better than explosions.

Taking the easy way out to try to make the game look better.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
17,031 posts
17,629 battles
33 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

I agree with you that WOWs should start having HD also on Maps and the ships and etc................ 

Regarding HD maps, how about we get some good maps that are worthy of being converted to HD? Honestly, there are very few maps in this game that I'd consider "good".

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
755 posts
6,963 battles

I was going to buy a 4k monitor until I found out the WoWs UI doesn't scale to high resolution. How 90's is that?

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
755 posts
6,963 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Regarding HD maps, how about we get some good maps that are worthy of being converted to HD? Honestly, there are very few maps in this game that I'd consider "good".

They can start with a HD remake of "Ocean", so it's not too much work for them to do....

• Cool 1

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
1,740 battles

I'm looking forward to ultra-HD graphics (8k) and dynamic ocean environment (changing waves and possibly ship roll) when they add those!

And submarines, crews on the ships, 32v32 maps that last an hour and include dynamic objectives!

Not really submarines, but I would like to go under the water and watch my ships break up as they sink!

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Ocean ftw.

Seriously, though, most of the best maps are found at mid to low tiers with the exception of North.

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,940 battles

Be careful what you ask for since this Wargaming we are talking about, and if you insist that they rush and give us something we could end up paying for it with endless bugs for next couple years. 

If Wargaming feels they are ready for HD gameplay, then they will give it too us, or possibly a little before they are ready lol.

[HEROS]
Members
1,426 posts
11,973 battles

also watched Jingles vid of Wot-HD... Waves action slamming tanks around in the surf.. spray being thrown up when waves slam against rocks...

one if these days soon I hope when we see "typhoon in bound" the skies darken up, waves get bigger start crashing over the deck,  DD's  and smaller cruisers get tossed about...water breaking over the decks and cascading off the turrets and decks.. HEAVY WEATHER!  heavy seas..

"soon" (*tm)

[SALVO]
Members
17,031 posts
17,629 battles
49 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Ocean ftw.

Seriously, though, most of the best maps are found at mid to low tiers with the exception of North.

LWM, I happen to think that Ocean is the best map in the game.  And was thinking that an HD version of Ocean sounds extremely amusing.

I agree that most of the best maps are found at the mod to low tiers.  Two of my favorite maps are Big Race and New Dawn, though IMO Big Race is a smidge too small to be a tier 5 map, though it would be improved if they'd move the spawns in the north east (both teams) further away from the north east.  Ships spawning in the NE are too close together and if you unluckily load in just a little late, you might already be under fire.

My biggest gripe with maps, particularly high tier maps, is that there are far too many maps that are cookie cutter clones of each other.  Too many maps where there's a strip of islands running between the two teams' spawns, and open ocean other than that.  IMO, New Dawn and Big Race show more originality than that, with a fair number of islands in their "backfield" areas.

Also, I think that one of the best maps that used to be in the game was ruined.  Islands of Ice in its original form was a great map.  Maybe too large, but great nonetheless, in large part to that dense field of small ice "islands" in the south east.  It was a real rabbit warren that was absolutely great!  I really wish that the devs would resurrect the original islands of Ice map, and if necessary to reduce it in size, just crop it by removing the AB rows and the 1 and 2 columns.  And then you'd have a smaller Islands of Ice map with all the best features still intact.

[SALVO]
Members
17,031 posts
17,629 battles
48 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

also watched Jingles vid of Wot-HD... Waves action slamming tanks around in the surf.. spray being thrown up when waves slam against rocks...

one if these days soon I hope when we see "typhoon in bound" the skies darken up, waves get bigger start crashing over the deck,  DD's  and smaller cruisers get tossed about...water breaking over the decks and cascading off the turrets and decks.. HEAVY WEATHER!  heavy seas..

"soon" (*tm)

Right now, I'd be happy if cyclones simply returned to what they were like when they were first released.  Back then, you couldn't even physically see terrain beyond your visual range, because a dense fog affected your vision.  Right now, cyclones are nothing but a "technical" weather effect.  You can still see things in the distance like there was no storm at all.  And there's no fog effect.  It stinks ... big time.  A storm without the storm's visual effects is completely pointless and annoying.  I want storms that actually LOOK like storms.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Ocean ftw.

Yuck.

I remember hitting tier 5 in my Furutaka, game after game on Ocean, 17km detect, 14km guns. Left the game for 3 months after that. Loathe Ocean

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Also, I think that one of the best maps that used to be in the game was ruined.  Islands of Ice in its original form was a great map.  Maybe too large, but great nonetheless, in large part to that dense field of small ice "islands" in the south east.  It was a real rabbit warren that was absolutely great!  I really wish that the devs would resurrect the original islands of Ice map, and if necessary to reduce it in size, just crop it by removing the AB rows and the 1 and 2 columns.  And then you'd have a smaller Islands of Ice map with all the best features still intact.

Ocean is one of my favourite maps -- it forces everyone to play a little differently.  It would just be funny to see it in HD.

I think Islands of Ice was a casualty of Ranked Battles.  The effort to turn a lot of high tier maps into symmetrical designs for the purposes of competitive play took out a lot of the features that made them fun and unique.  I still have very fond memories of the older versions of Hot Spot, back when the west was three large islands with the passages linking between them.

[SALVO]
Members
17,031 posts
17,629 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Ocean is one of my favourite maps -- it forces everyone to play a little differently.  It would just be funny to see it in HD.

I think Islands of Ice was a casualty of Ranked Battles.  The effort to turn a lot of high tier maps into symmetrical designs for the purposes of competitive play took out a lot of the features that made them fun and unique.  I still have very fond memories of the older versions of Hot Spot, back when the west was three large islands with the passages linking between them.

Same here on Hot Spot.  I liked that feature about HS as well.  It was great for ambushes.

As for Ice, the reason I seem to remember for why it was changed is that some people thought it was too big.  Well, if that was the problem, one doesn't need to completely change it to address the problem.  Just remove AB rows, and 1/2 columns, and it's the same map just smaller.  And for that matter, they could just rename the current version of Ice and have a brand new map, though in all honesty, I think that it's a terrible map for no other reason than it's a white painted clone of just about every other high tier map, as I described in an earlier post.

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
18 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Rip Old Ice Islands, where C was a bunch of people blindly running into each other.  Good times, I miss it honestly.

Can't we technically say that we have gotten an HD change already though.  Didn't they say the improved the water textures, I haven't noticed a difference though.