You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheHunter2_EAD

Junyo if is possible?

47 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles

Everyone going to get Junyo at tier VI with 7/1942 with all 48 aircraft at tier VI. So fold my hand give in to it. 

Unless WG has other plans which they wont say anything. 

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, TheHunter2_EAD said:

Her aircraft load out for the Junyo:

6/1944 Junyo
9 A6M2, 18 A6M5
9 D3A, 9 D4Y
9 B6N

If she comes at tier VI can we have this load out. 

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles

Now the CV rework is done and still a few thing that need to be work on. But let's get to back on the Junyo topic I agree with the fact it going to be a tier VI now when it comes out is the question.

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, TheHunter2_EAD said:

Awhile back a few months I finish model IJN cv name Junyo. It was Kashiwara Maru( an ocean line) then converted into a Shokaku class. The Bridge same one on Taiho & Hakuryu. The next part I'm reading off the Instruction:  

It first saw Action in MI Operation in June 1942 in the attacks in Dutch Harbor on the 3rd & 5th, early October saw action in Solomon's, Guadalcanal Attacks, the battle of the South Sea, & 3rd battle of the Solomon's ( 9th of Nov.). It was damage near Okinoshima Island on Nov. 5th 1944 by US submarine then towed back to Kure by IJN cruiser Tone. The last battle it became Flagship of the 2nd IJN air fleet in the Battle off Mariana between 19th & 20th of June after that it receive 2 direct hits at funnel then torpedoed while in transportation to Brunei on 9th of Dec. sent to be repaired at Sasebo for the last time. The repairs started in March of 1945 then suspended in April of 1945 and then scrapped in 1947. 

Specifications for the Junyo:

Trail Displacement: 27,555 tons

Waterline length: 215.3 m

Maximum breadth: 26.70 m

Maximum speed: 25.5 knots

Number of planes carried: 48 regular & 5 auxiliary

Flight Deck: 210.3 m in length & 27.3 in width

Date of Completion: May 3rd 1942 at Mitsubishi Nagasaki Dockyard

Modernization: 8/1944 12 x 1 - 25/60 96-shiki & 6 x 28 - 120 AA rockets 

My option a well rounded tier 8 CV. Probably same tier aircraft as Enterprise. It maybe good can date for a premium ship. Let's see WG going to do? 

Let's get this topic back up and running.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Tier 8 seems a bit high to me. I think tier 5 or 6 is better due to the small hanger bay and low top speed. Still a great idea though i want my favorite CVL in this game! @Pigeon_of_War @SuperNikoPower mind moving this up the chain? Also shameless plug here but appropriate.

300?cb=20150519025152300?cb=20150519062225

http://navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_cv_junyo.htm

I can fully agree that Junyo or Hiyo can be a tier VI premium. Aircraft: Attackers: A6M5 or A6M2, DB: D3Y or D4Y, & TB: B6N

Hopefully we get this back alive.

Members
2,349 posts
80 battles

Junyou would be a very nice T6 premium CV for IJN if devs will add T6 premium CVs.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
9 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Junyou would be a very nice T6 premium CV for IJN if devs will add T6 premium CVs.

That's the plan to Junyo & Ark Royal to be first 2 premium tier VI CV's.

[WOLF3]
Members
21,697 posts
19,935 battles

I would do a version of Junyo for Tier VI, themed for her participation in Operation AL, the Aleutian Islands in 1942.  Yamamoto sent a diversionary attack to the Aleutians at the same time as Midway (Operation MI), and Junyo was part of that force.  No Fleet CVs were sent, only CVLs Junyo and Ryujo.

Junyo '42, "Operation AL"

Speed 25.5kts (Ryujo is 28kts, historically RJ is supposed to be 29kts)

A6M2 Zero fighters (upgraded Ryujo fighters)

D3A Val dive bombers (stock Ryujo DBs).  Should have HE bombs instead of AP.

Those are the aircraft Junyo would have had for this operation.  According to the information here, Junyo had only sent A6M2 Zeroes and D3A1 Vals in several sorties.  Timeframe in that table pertinent to air operations for that mission start 3 June 1942.  For initial installation attack, Zeroes and D3A1s were sent, no TBs mentioned.  Even later on that same day where the planes are dispatched to attack US DDs, no TBs mentioned being used, so only Zeroes and DBs again.

With no TBs assigned to Junyo, we can have larger reserves for the D3A Val DBs.  Junyo at this time was more oriented towards fighters, so the increased bomber reserves can represent that.  It is AFTER the harsh lessons of Midway that she gets more fighters with a decrease in bombers.  But this version of Junyo I'm presenting is before those changes to her aircraft assignments.

• Cool 1

Members
216 posts

Junyo was involved in the battle of Santa Cruz Islands and some of her planes torpedoed the then pretty much dead Hornet. You can watch a pretty well done CGI video of the battle

here:

At time index 7:49 you will see Junyo. And again at 22:44

Edited by JustinOldDude
Minor correction
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 6:00 PM, JustinOldDude said:

The Akagi is the premium CV I want to see in game.

Well I got 3 forums working on right now. This forum, Zuikaku, and Ark royal. If you want to start Akagi forum I can help when I have the time.

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, JustinOldDude said:

The Akagi is the premium CV I want to see in game.

Well the Ark royal is coming. So I might start Akagi form page.

Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles

It's time to put a nail in the coffin for this forum. Since nobody including WG development cares for the Junyo. So close it up.