Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheHunter2_EAD

Junyo if is possible?

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles

Awhile back a few months I finish model IJN cv name Junyo. It was Kashiwara Maru( an ocean line) then converted into a Shokaku class. The Bridge same one on Taiho & Hakuryu. The next part I'm reading off the Instruction:  

It first saw Action in MI Operation in June 1942 in the attacks in Dutch Harbor on the 3rd & 5th, early October saw action in Solomon's, Guadalcanal Attacks, the battle of the South Sea, & 3rd battle of the Solomon's ( 9th of Nov.). It was damage near Okinoshima Island on Nov. 5th 1944 by US submarine then towed back to Kure by IJN cruiser Tone. The last battle it became Flagship of the 2nd IJN air fleet in the Battle off Mariana between 19th & 20th of June after that it receive 2 direct hits at funnel then torpedoed while in transportation to Brunei on 9th of Dec. sent to be repaired at Sasebo for the last time. The repairs started in March of 1945 then suspended in April of 1945 and then scrapped in 1947. 

Specifications for the Junyo:

Trail Displacement: 27,555 tons

Waterline length: 215.3 m

Maximum breadth: 26.70 m

Maximum speed: 25.5 knots

Number of planes carried: 48 regular & 5 auxiliary

Flight Deck: 210.3 m in length & 27.3 in width

Date of Completion: May 3rd 1942 at Mitsubishi Nagasaki Dockyard

Modernization: 8/1944 12 x 1 - 25/60 96-shiki & 6 x 28 - 120 AA rockets 

My option a well rounded tier 8 CV. Probably same tier aircraft as Enterprise. It maybe good can date for a premium ship. Let's see WG going to do? 

• Cool 4

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,661 battles

With the small aircraft load I think it should be a tier 6 maybe 7 it wasn't that great of a carrier being converted

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,192 battles
17 minutes ago, TheHunter2_EAD said:

Awhile back a few months I finish model IJN cv name Junyo. It was Kashiwara Maru( an ocean line) then converted into a Shokaku class. The Bridge same one on Taiho & Hakuryu. The next part I'm reading off the Instruction:  

It first saw Action in MI Operation in June 1942 in the attacks in Dutch Harbor on the 3rd & 5th, early October saw action in Solomon's, Guadalcanal Attacks, the battle of the South Sea, & 3rd battle of the Solomon's ( 9th of Nov.). It was damage near Okinoshima Island on Nov. 5th 1944 by US submarine then towed back to Kure by IJN cruiser Tone. The last battle it became Flagship of the 2nd IJN air fleet in the Battle off Mariana between 19th & 20th of June after that it receive 2 direct hits at funnel then torpedoed while in transportation to Brunei on 9th of Dec. sent to be repaired at Sasebo for the last time. The repairs started in March of 1945 then suspended in April of 1945 and then scrapped in 1947. 

Specifications for the Junyo:

Trail Displacement: 27,555 tons

Waterline length: 215.3 m

Maximum breadth: 26.70 m

Maximum speed: 25.5 knots

Number of planes carried: 48 regular & 5 auxiliary

Flight Deck: 210.3 m in length & 27.3 in width

Date of Completion: May 3rd 1942 at Mitsubishi Nagasaki Dockyard

Modernization: 8/1944 12 x 1 - 25/60 96-shiki & 6 x 28 - 120 AA rockets 

My option a well rounded tier 8 CV. Probably same tier aircraft as Enterprise. It maybe good can date for a premium ship. Let's see WG going to do? 

Tier 8 seems a bit high to me. I think tier 5 or 6 is better due to the small hanger bay and low top speed. Still a great idea though i want my favorite CVL in this game! @Pigeon_of_War @SuperNikoPower mind moving this up the chain? Also shameless plug here but appropriate.

300?cb=20150519025152300?cb=20150519062225

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Jun'yo was actually a Hiyō class aircraft carrier, and I think was a fleet carrier, at least by size.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,661 battles

I think they were all truly designed to be a carrier but we're disguised and built as transports and Freighters to begin with

And you're right they are the size of a fleet carrier they just didn't have a lot of hangers space

8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Jun'yo was actually a Hiyō class aircraft carrier, and I think was a fleet carrier, at least by size.

Edited by silverdahc

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles
19 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I like to see more fleet CV.

36 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

With the small aircraft load I think it should be a tier 6 maybe 7 it wasn't that great of a carrier being converted

I can agree it can be tier 6 or 7.

35 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Tier 8 seems a bit high to me. I think tier 5 or 6 is better due to the small hanger bay and low top speed. Still a great idea though i want my favorite CVL in this game! @Pigeon_of_War @SuperNikoPower mind moving this up the chain? Also shameless plug here but appropriate.

300?cb=20150519025152300?cb=20150519062225

yes plz if can moving this the chain. And nothing shameless about it. It's how to use CVL in any game. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I can easily see the Hiyo-class CVLs in at Tier VI.

Agree

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, TheHunter2_EAD said:

Agree

:cap_happy: Marry Xmas.

Scratch my previous comment . I like to see Junyo at tier VII .

[NNC]
Members
1,136 posts
13,610 battles

I would LOVE to see a Jun'yo at tier 6. Would absolutely love to buy her. Her sister ship Hiyo would be good if not Junyo.

They were really well constructed IJN carriers with better survivability than their counterparts, actually survived being bombed a few times.

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles
15 hours ago, Jakajan said:

I would LOVE to see a Jun'yo at tier 6. Would absolutely love to buy her. Her sister ship Hiyo would be good if not Junyo.

They were really well constructed IJN carriers with better survivability than their counterparts, actually survived being bombed a few times.

1st: They were both converted passenger liners Kashiwara Maru and Idzumo Maru into CV.  

2nd: Both look so advance take look at: http://navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_cv_junyo.htm

3rd: Both have 53 aircraft, Armour mm 70-20, Two types of fighter & DB(except for HIyo on DB just have one), & one type of TB in final 6/1944

And Ranger CVL is tier VII so why not have IJN CVL as a premium. 

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles

So two question: 

1st for WG: How's it going recreating Junyo for the game.

2nd for the player did check ship specs for both Junyo & Hiyo on link

If ur wondering air load out for both they start out at tier VII except fighters they start at VI replace with VIII right of the bat then it get double loud out:

Both start: Junyo:7/1942 Hiyo:8/1942 21 A6M2 fighters, 18 D3A, & 9 B5N

End with 6/1944:

Junyo: 9 A6M2 tier VI & 18 A6M5 tier VII fighters, 9 D3Y tier VII & 9 D4Y tier VIII DB, & 9 B6N tier VIII 

Hiyo: 9 A6M2 tier VI & 18 A6M5 tier VII fighter's,  18 D3Y tier VII, 9 B6N tier VIII

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles

Part of me what to agree with everyone with being a tier VI. But I can argue that it can be tier VII what I been reading and forgot to put in with trail displacement of 27,500 tons, larger than medium carrier and rank 2nd in size to Shokaku class in the Japanese carrier fleet at the time. 

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles
[HIT]
Members
70 posts
6,017 battles

Seems like it could be the Kaga of T6 with its hanger capacity balanced with modestly weaker planes.

Market it as a “budget” Kaga. Or the “Econo-Kaga”. :Smile_child:

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, HQ_21 said:

Seems like it could be the Kaga of T6 with its hanger capacity balanced with modestly weaker planes.

Market it as a “budget” Kaga. Or the “Econo-Kaga”. :Smile_child:

:cap_book: Everyone like starting with 7/1942 with all 48 aircraft at tier VI better than 6/1944 with 54 aircraft with a double tier loud out. 

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles

I think going to ask put a question on the Q&A. How long going to take to get a ship that is approve on the forums to get in the game?

Because I like to know what is the % done when it comes.

Sign in to follow this