Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Queen of the Skies

11 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles

I love this ship with an AA build.

Queen2.thumb.jpg.709b8e0f05fe3ada12caed3c3edb5ade.jpg

Some real-time action:

Queen1.thumb.jpg.eab8e4a4eb628be8b45068f863e18dab.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[PSP]
Members
6,323 posts
8,942 battles

I shot down 36 planes the other day with my Cleveland. What I wondered then, and am wondering now, is why more CV drivers don't understand which ships to avoid like the plague? I mean, come on, my North Carolina has a 100 AA rating with the signal flag. Do you really think that your handful of torpedo and dive bombers is really going to survive an attack on it? Yet they still try.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,201 posts
4,280 battles

I got 27 in my Texas, guy kept sending planes to kill me.  I needed 3 more for a chance for a clear sky.  

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,143 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I shot down 36 planes the other day with my Cleveland. What I wondered then, and am wondering now, is why more CV drivers don't understand which ships to avoid like the plague? I mean, come on, my North Carolina has a 100 AA rating with the signal flag. Do you really think that your handful of torpedo and dive bombers is really going to survive an attack on it? Yet they still try.

I think a lot of CV players dont look at the lineups before the match to see which ships to avoid.  

Anyone who doesn't check could be in for a rough day...  imho, this is the best intel for a CV captain.

B

[G-OTS]
Members
3 posts
5,812 battles

Most CV players also don't understand, how far the rage of AA is. A good rule of thumb I go by is 2.5 grid squares of a known AA ship.

If it's a USN Cruiser avoid it like it's patient zero, USN BBs avoid them too.  Bismark avoid, NUKE Tirpitz, Fredy Gets nuked. Kurfurts depending which CV i'm on and what ships are around the BB Kurfurts gets nuked.

Mino's make me mad when I don't realize they're hiding in smoke and they've got AA turned off, then once my planes are over their ship they turn on AA and my planes melt, I don't get butt hurt. I just do the same when i'm on my Mino so I don't cry or complain cause well it's a sound tactic that well I have done before I fell victim to it.

Yammy's catch them alone Yep they're getting Nuked!!! all day everyday even if i'm on a t8 cv and MM just wants to try and F with me.

Members
7,047 posts
4,534 battles
20 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

why more CV drivers don't understand which ships to avoid like the plague

That's because there are too many ships that you have to avoid like the plague. For example, if I'm playing the Hiryu and I get into a T6-8 game (which is fairly common), I have the Cleveland, Gneisenau, Atlanta, North Carolina, Kutuzov, New Orleans, Pensacola, and Indianapolis to avoid, and I also have to watch for some less powerful but still dangerous ships like the Bayern (and the Queen Elizabeth, apparently).  And remember, most ships can reach 7.2km range, and quite a lot of cruisers carry defensive fire, and the addition of the skill that gives you two catapult fighters has basically made life a lot harder for carrier players. The point is, sometimes carrier players cannot always avoid going into the AA of ships with very strong AA. 

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I love this ship with an AA build.

Queen2.thumb.jpg.709b8e0f05fe3ada12caed3c3edb5ade.jpg

Some real-time action:

Queen1.thumb.jpg.eab8e4a4eb628be8b45068f863e18dab.jpg

Now that's a sight to always gladden mah heart!  :Smile_honoring:

I had a spud driving a Kaga send 5 flights of planes (30) at my Alabama (100 AA rating, 7.2km AA bubble) and only 3 returned to the CV. No bomb hits and only 2 torp hits. He didn't send more dangit! I only needed 3 more swats to get "Clear Skies". :cap_rambo:

Edited by ReddNekk

[PT8TO]
Members
277 posts
11,725 battles

I feel like the Queer has better AA and guns obviously than the KingKong V.

I might be wrong:cap_book:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles
10 hours ago, Gizuke said:

I feel like the Queer has better AA and guns obviously than the KingKong V.

I might be wrong:cap_book:

Fully spec'd, I get 7km range...and with manual fire control they start chewing 'em up early.  If they keep coming, and it gets to my mid range AA, things really get bad.  

In the game I posted above, I let the CV captain know I had good AA and to use me as needed.  I do this all my games, but seldom does the CV captain take advantage.  This one used me effectively.  19 of those kills were fighters chasing bombers.  Note the pic...those fighters were chasing bombers and found themselves in the QE kill zone.  Also note those are T7 fighters too! 

Many CV captains do this using "known" AA ships, and many CV captains know the trick and avoid it when tried by others.  The difference here is no one expects the Queen to be able to do this.  And she is still new enough, word hasn't spread yet.   

Also, QE isn't an autokill machine.  It has really good AA when spec'd for it, but not super good.  A good CV captain that focuses QE with multiple squadrons can deliver good results.  As with the fighters above, many of my QE aircraft kills come from aircraft flying through my bubble, and not focusing me directly.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts
15 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

which is why I'll probably wait 10 minutes into the game, after the atlanta has eaten half your aa mounts.

Sign in to follow this