Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Hunter

Will WG fix Izumo?

9 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
887 battles

The Izumo is clearly one of the least played tier 9 battleship in the game if not one of the least played ship in the game. I just unlocked this ship yesterday, and had some battles with her, i'm doing fine, but i still like the play style of the Amagi. the Izumo is also very different from all the other IJN battleship. she does have good armor, when facing forward (but many other BBs also have great armor when facing forward as well, especially the German line). 

Since the Izumo is a imaginary ship anyway, why not just alter her in some way, for example, how about mounting the third turret forward instead of backward? her current turret placement make the third turret useless most of the time during a match. A player has to expose a great deal of her side armor in order to utilize her third turret. but if the turret is facing forward, a player only need to expose a small amount of her side armor, and given her armor belt, the ship will bounce most of the incoming shells. i think this will basically fix this ship, and make her much more attractive compare to other tier 9s. 

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,600 battles

That sounds like a Nelson.

Go get the Nelson if you want that type of placement.

• Cool 1

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Izumo can be underwhelming, but TBH the rest of the IJN BBs are pretty damn good, especially Yamato, Amagi, Fuso, Kongo.

She might need a small buff(turret repositioning is unlikely) but I'm generally ok with one or two mediocre/turd ships in any line.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Hunter said:

Since the Izumo is a imaginary ship anyway, why not just alter her in some way, for example, how about mounting the third turret forward instead of backward?

You know why man, think about it.

Members
879 posts
9,117 battles

Hah, had the Izumo about a year ago.  When I pick up capt Yamamoto I may rebuy the Izumo. Great ship, brawls way better than Yamato imo. 

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

Just got the Izumo...6 games in I despise this ship.  Guns are fantastic...it's a gigantic turd with so much surface area all anyone has to do is shoot in your general direction and they do significant damage.  

Why they made it the size they did for three turrets that take up 20% of the ship is beyond me.  F the placement I can deal with that.  The thing is way too big with too many flat surfaces.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Bought and sold twice. She's a very effective paywall, that is, not just everyone can grind to the Yammy... takes dedication, persistence and skill.... or a 1/4 mill of free xp. I don't have either and can assure you, with a high confidence factor, I won't buy her again. Now... if they did something for her, I might reconsider that statement. But if she isn't touched in a positive way, nah, won't ever buy her again. Yamato will therefore be the last ship I ever grind. 

Members
4 posts
887 battles

I did some research and find out that the current Izumo design employed by WG was indeed taken from actual engineering studies done by the IJN during 1939. in their battleship studies, it did indicated that the ship's third turret will be facing backward, so let's stick to historic accuracy. however, because this ship didn't even enter the design phase, we really don't know her size, her speed, her armor, the number of her secondaries and etc. All of these important factors still remain unknown. But there are some changes that WG could use to make this ship easier to play. 

1. increase her accuracy. Izumo's accuracy is not bad, but it is far from great. compare to Iowa or the Lion, her shell dispersion is worse, so she can definitely use some accuracy buff, since 90% of the time, her third turret WILL NOT come into play. Therefore, for a ship which can only uses two turrets for the entire match, she really can't afford to be missing a lot. 

2. decrease the size of the ship. I have to say, the Izumo has the largest amount of empty spaces on deck compare to any battleships in the game, there are so many empty spaces, we could probably fit in a couple hotels. with that many empty spaces, the IJN had to be a [edited] to not give her more AA or secondaries. However, giving her a design overhaul might be too much to ask for WG, since they are incredibly "busy" with other stuffs. Therefore, the best way is just to shrink the size of the ship and make it more nimble, the Amgai is a pretty nimble BB in tier 8, so why not continue this great trait? 

Sign in to follow this