You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Devilfish

Oh my God OKHOTNIK

49 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles

Got the DD Okhotnik 2 day rental and took it out for a spin

Its a funny looking  low profile boat and as I sat looking at her before the game starts I wondered what those funny looking things on the back deck were ,no way they could be guns

I zoomed in.. Oh my ... so many guns!!!  ...looked at the range .. 9k 

theres gotta be a catch 

looked at the torps , 4.5 k guess that's the catch

game starts I head into C cap and encounter an enemy DD , he doesn't fire a shot just turns and runs, I fire 2 shots from my bow guns and hit them, he drops smoke so do I just then another enemy DD appears and I fire one full salvo ,a lot a shells, just before my smoke blinds me and take halve his health with just my guns,I get brave move out of my smoke and finish him off with guns,the other DD fires at me as they retreat,I normally play Cruisers and this things guns remind me of a cruiser,both these DDs may have learned about this boats guns hence the running

didn't fire my torps this game because a Cruiser detonated me

Next game had put my 19 point kutuzof Captain in cause i wanted the low detection of the one skill there, also set all the moduals 

off I go head into a cap and hide with just my luck 2 BBs and a Cruiser are close about to come into view at 4 k I turn the boat still undetected and wait just as they come into view I'm detected get green and launch still green and launch still green and launch ..what!! still green Launch the fourth set its like a wall of torps the Cruiser blows up  so does a BB and the other BB mortally wounded gets taken out by another player, honor badges are pooping up as the boats explode 

This boat is ridiculously fun,I'm not a great DD player but this boat is awesome and this game was not a 1 off its happened multiple times

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,942 battles

Even though the torps have a range of only 4.5 km, I seem to do quite well with them. For instance, someone in another thread mentioned that the ship is so narrow that a BB can't hit you if you sail straight toward it. While this isn't exactly true, the BB can't hit you much and I was able to close from detected distance to torp distance and easily sink it. I suppose that after the slender ships are used a lot more people will find ways to counter them but now they are quite fun to play. I've won every game I've played with this trial ship. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[SIM]
Members
2,547 posts
4,186 battles

There's probably a reason why it was only ever offered in the shop one time. Glad that you're having fun with it!

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

It's been great seeing all these other converts to the Okhotnik cult as the ship is rented. I was an acolyte from the moment I bought it.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

It's been great seeing all these other converts to the Okhotnik cult as the ship is rented. I was an acolyte from the moment I bought it.

were did you buy it? I looked at the premium site on ships but didn't see it

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,942 battles

I just noticed something! The ship comes with its own camouflage. I've been spending money on camo for it.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,229 posts
10,558 battles

I just submitted a ticket to customer support, as I played the Ohk-whatever the requisite 5 games in Random and so far have NOT been offered a chance to buy it.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
3 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

I just submitted a ticket to customer support, as I played the Ohk-whatever the requisite 5 games in Random and so far have NOT been offered a chance to buy it.

Ive played more than 5 games also maybe the rental has to be done 

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles

I also submitted a ticket, as no offer was made. Has anyone been able to receive this offer yet?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,984 posts
7,530 battles

I own them both lol. Oky is worlds of fun. Guns for days, torps for days, and a fast torp reload to make up for the long gun reload.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles
22 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Okhotnik was offered only once before, way back in March.  It has not resurfaced until now.  Alabama has come and gone several times already, and she's a much newer Premium.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles

I've lost count how many Kamikaze-Rs I've wiped out with the Okhitakami.

Lots of guns, and a wall of torpedoes a decent lumberjack can walk across.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I just noticed something! The ship comes with its own camouflage. I've been spending money on camo for it.

all premium ships do.

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,942 battles
3 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

camo -- all premium ships [have it]

For some reason, I didn't think of this as a premium ship since it just showed up at my port.

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles
1 hour ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

My son bought it for me when it went on sale. I love that boat, tons of fun, is solid as a DD, and can carry if necessary. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

There's probably a reason why it was only ever offered in the shop one time. Glad that you're having fun with it!

There are a few.

Day before you could rent it.

SQfpkRx.png

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

My son bought it for me when it went on sale. I love that boat, tons of fun, is solid as a DD, and can carry if necessary. 

Its not on sale any more in the shop ,I guess my name popped up and they gave me the rental cause not everyone got one , I don’t play DDs much and kinda suck at them anyway, so go figure 

so after 5 games in it (I got 12)and possibly when the 2 day rental ends they will personally gives you the option to buy it.. I probably will because of the fun factor

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,794 battles

Lots of fun farming clueless cruisers citadels, but I already have a my Gremyaschy. Otherwise I might consider getting this one.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,734 posts
22 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Lots of fun farming clueless cruisers citadels, but I already have a my Gremyaschy. Otherwise I might consider getting this one.

Get one. The fun factor is through the roof

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,686 posts
9,083 battles

The best thing about the Okhotnik is the Russians really built the damned thing.

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,942 battles

5 wins out of 5 games played with it since I got the trial. I think a lot of people are going to have fun with this "war canoe."