Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

What do you do when a teammate keeps getting in the way...

11 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles

... so you can't fire your guns without hitting him?  This is what you do...

https://replayswows.com/replay/7109

I'm sure he wasn't trying to do it on purpose so it's all in good fun (hence no name and shame). :P

[PVE]
Members
1,606 posts
6,757 battles

Yep, but what if they are doing it on purpose....and sometimes they do....very frustrating...usually, I will just put the brakes on and let them slip by and head off a different direction, but it sure is tempting to blast them out of the water just for chits and giggles...but, I digress.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

I warn people in my torp arcs. If they don't move I fire anyway and spam F9 - GET BACK!! if they die I shrug.

• Cool 1

Members
20 posts
3,336 battles

Seems like it happens most when your trying to line up a torpedo shot with your DD, only to have a teammate come up effectively block your shooting lane. Frustrating.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I'll ping, and holler.

That usually does the trick.

Making a smart a** comment like you hope they sink soon so you can actually help your team usually gets everyone on your side.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

I'll ping, and holler.

That usually does the trick.

On the PTS they don't teamkill anymore, they just sail into your torps....happened to me in the Shimi the other night(twice)just about killed all that was left of my team...lots of time in the penalty box!

[PSP]
Members
6,268 posts
8,904 battles

I replayed that on fast, with all the ship bumping and kill notifications it looked like a pinball game.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,247 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

... so you can't fire your guns without hitting him?

What usually happens to me in this scenario is I'm in the DD, trying desperately to get my torp shot lined up, when from the opposite direction some kamikaze kruiser slices in front of me trying to secure a kill (and also making sure I don't get a shot). I spend quite enough time pink accidentally to ever want to spend some on purpose, so obviously I don't fire. I know a lot of players have the same attitude as @w4spl3g, but I just play like that and purposely not care about damaging team mates. But, yeah; frustrating.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

That's never happened to me. I'm not sure how that can even happen. Maybe a 1 in 10,000 battles kind of experience.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,849 posts
1,332 battles
3 hours ago, VGLance said:

... so you can't fire your guns without hitting him?  This is what you do...

https://replayswows.com/replay/7109

I'm sure he wasn't trying to do it on purpose so it's all in good fun (hence no name and shame). :P

Hilarious replay!  I'll remember that next time someone gets in my way like that.

Sign in to follow this