Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadMeat_015

Mercenaries in Clan Battles?

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

233
[SYN]
Members
461 posts
8,548 battles

I play solo. I have no interest in joining a clan, for a variety of reasons including the fact I am just a weird dude. But I am kinda interested in clan battles, mostly because it is different than random battles. Although I would personally like to see all competitive gameplay be 12v12 because that is the style of gameplay what we practice, but thats another thread :). If a clan has a battle, and for whatever reason they don't have a full team, can we solo's place our name in the que like "looking for division" and maybe get into a few of these battles? What say ya'll?

Edited by DeadMeat_015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267
Members
3,725 posts
15,042 battles
1 minute ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I play solo. I have no interest in joining a clan

 

1 minute ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

But I am kinda interested in clan battles

 

 

This is not how life works.

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
4 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I play solo. I have no interest in joining a clan, for a variety of reasons including the fact I am just a weird dude. But I am kinda interested in clan battles, mostly because it is different than random battles. Although I would personally like to see all competitive gameplay be 12v12 because that is the style of gameplay what we practice, but thats another thread :). If a clan has a battle, and for whatever reason they don't have a full team, can we solo's place our name in the que like "looking for division" and maybe get into a few of these battles? What say ya'll?

No. Only members of a clan can participate in the clan’s battle. They’re not allowing mercenaries for Clan Battles. It is strictly for clans only.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
864
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
4 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I play solo.

My parents are de-- oh, sorry. Wrong game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles

Want to be in clan battles. Join a clan. Nuff said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
29 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I play solo. I have no interest in joining a clan, for a variety of reasons including the fact I am just a weird dude. But I am kinda interested in clan battles, mostly because it is different than random battles. Although I would personally like to see all competitive gameplay be 12v12 because that is the style of gameplay what we practice, but thats another thread :). If a clan has a battle, and for whatever reason they don't have a full team, can we solo's place our name in the que like "looking for division" and maybe get into a few of these battles? What say ya'll?

 

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
507
[LOU1]
Members
3,059 posts
8,140 battles

There are many clans that do not necessarily require social interaction.  There seem to many that are non-judgemental.  Finally, all of us are "weird" in some fashion - just watch one or two random battles, LOL.

 

Post in the clan recruitment sub-forum and see what invites you get.  Try out their TeamSpeak.  Who knows, you might find others of the same wierdness...

 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/174-looking-for-a-clan/

Edited by ExploratorOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,993 battles

Just wait.  This is only the first iteration.  If this turns out to be a turd that the shine quickly wears off, they'll make changes to breath further life into it.  We could yet see mercs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
233
[SYN]
Members
461 posts
8,548 battles
32 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:
  Reveal hidden contents

8oaJwwZ.jpg

 

lol I realized you were talking about 2 secs after I posted it, so I removed it cause my meme wasn't relevant. Sorry  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[NMKJT]
Members
2,733 posts
1 hour ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I play solo. I have no interest in joining a clan, for a variety of reasons including the fact I am just a weird dude. But I am kinda interested in clan battles, mostly because it is different than random battles. Although I would personally like to see all competitive gameplay be 12v12 because that is the style of gameplay what we practice, but thats another thread :). If a clan has a battle, and for whatever reason they don't have a full team, can we solo's place our name in the que like "looking for division" and maybe get into a few of these battles? What say ya'll?

The style of game play you are used to is not clan battles. Clan battles will be about forming a strat, taking orders, and following orders. The team which is most disciplined will generally win. It is not about initiative or skill, it is teamwork and discipline.

 

The teams which will do well will practice in training rooms. They will practice strategies and maneuvers, it is quite a commitment in time.

 

There is a tanks clan, FADES, which does 7v7 scrimmages to train for clan wars. And they have a rule, if there is 1 enemy tank left and 3 or more FADES tanks, than no more shots are allowed. You must kill the enemy by some other means - ramming, flipping, drowning, etc. And a lot of times the lone enemy will kill the FADES tanks except one. And that lone FADES player often takes a shot to avoid losing the match

 

And that player is not suitable for clan battles. He is not disciplined, he did not follow orders. They ween out players this way. It is not the 12v12 you are used to, that is not preparation for CB

 

(7v7 scrimmage is a game mode in tanks separate from CW)

 

Edited by Destroyer_Suzukaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

In a way, kinda.

 

You can join a clan for a short period to run a few matches, then leave.

 

You are kinda like a merc, you join up just for a few.

 

Say you are willing to join for a few battles in the clan forum, and a group will prolly pick you up for whatever time period. 

 

It's all up to the clan, but I'm sure a group that was running low, or have lower quality Captains would love to take what they can get.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, IronWolfV said:

Want to be in clan battles. Join a clan. Nuff said.

Oh good, does that mean we can finally kick [edited]divisions out of Random battles and force them in to their own queues against only each other? I mean, fair's fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
10,486 battles
7 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Oh good, does that mean we can finally kick [edited]divisions out of Random battles and force them in to their own queues against only each other? I mean, fair's fair.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus - and he says to give up hope of WG removing divisions from randoms or even PVE. Sorry Virginia,  multiplayer games are ... multiplayer and team oriented, you'll just have to go make a new friend and get him to play with you.

 

Love Santa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus - and he says to give up hope of WG removing divisions from randoms or even PVE. Sorry Virginia,  multiplayer games are ... multiplayer and team oriented, you'll just have to go make a new friend and get him to play with you.

 

Love Santa

The game might be team oriented but the overwhelming majority of players are not. I stand by my statement.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
1,893 battles
28 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

The style of game play you are used to is not clan battles. Clan battles will be about forming a strat, taking orders, and following orders. The team which is most disciplined will generally win. It is not about initiative or skill, it is teamwork and discipline.

 

The teams which will do well will practice in training rooms. They will practice strategies and maneuvers, it is quite a commitment in time.

 

There is a tanks clan, FADES, which does 7v7 scrimmages to train for clan wars. And they have a rule, if there is 1 enemy tank left and 3 or more FADES tanks, than no more shots are allowed. You must kill the enemy by some other means - ramming, flipping, drowning, etc. And a lot of times the lone enemy will kill the FADES tanks except one. And that lone FADES player often takes a shot to avoid losing the match

 

And that player is not suitable for clan battles. He is not disciplined, he did not follow orders. They ween out players this way. It is not the 12v12 you are used to, that is not preparation for CB

 

(7v7 scrimmage is a game mode in tanks separate from CW)

 

 

Uo Mz-ter? Destroyer_Suzukaze (cool wind.) No disrespect meant. But as I read requirements Note* no longer take anti-depressants and drink vodka tell 0716 hrs. then go on forms no good can come from this. but thought i was viewing recruiting lines for local Yakuza. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
1,893 battles
12 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus - and he says to give up hope of WG removing divisions from randoms or even PVE. Sorry Virginia,  multiplayer games are ... multiplayer and team oriented, you'll just have to go make a new friend and get him to play with you.

 

Love Santa

No disrespect alcohol and drug-induced comment. Definition of Friend; Person who want something from you and offers nothing in return. Mr. Biggie D61 is correct always people willing to team up. Can be entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
34 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Oh good, does that mean we can finally kick [edited]divisions out of Random battles and force them in to their own queues against only each other? I mean, fair's fair.

Clan battles. Not Team Battle or Solo Battle. So join a clan that fits you. 

And plus. Having a division will not save you from bad teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
2 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Clan battles. Not Team Battle or Solo Battle. So join a clan that fits you. 

And plus. Having a division will not save you from bad teams.

I guess you can't read my sig for some reason. I have 29/30 in the one I started but not for Clan Wars; for permanent flag buffs. My issue is they're making this the only competitive mode and will not be doing ranked for at least a year because of this. That is as insulting as it is [edited]retarded to people not interested in being forced to join a Clan to potentially get the best ships in the game thrown at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[NMKJT]
Members
2,733 posts
47 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

 

Uo Mz-ter? Destroyer_Suzukaze (cool wind.) No disrespect meant. But as I read requirements Note* no longer take anti-depressants and drink vodka tell 0716 hrs. then go on forms no good can come from this. but thought i was viewing recruiting lines for local Yakuza. 

I'm no Bukara so no affiliation with Yakuza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,799
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
3 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

Oh good, does that mean we can finally kick [edited]divisions out of Random battles and force them in to their own queues against only each other? I mean, fair's fair.

71e87aca6876276b77a29278f18b3de92cea4b35

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

pretty sure they will add mercenaries eventually. Many Clans will struggle to put a team up. Also, a lot of clans will not include some of their players in CBs for various reasons. So there will be a lot of people on the sitting bench

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×