Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UrPeaceKeeper

Pushing in a Battleship - Tactics for Aggressive BB Play

38 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,453 posts
5,522 battles

Hey guys just put out a video about pushing in a BB so check it out!

What tactics have you used to push successfullly?

• Cool 4

Members
171 posts

Try that turn in Yamato and you get deleted outright. But people are fine with it because its not USN.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,493 battles
3 minutes ago, bsbr said:

Try that turn in Yamato and you get deleted outright. But people are fine with it because its not USN.

justin-timberlake-cry-me-a-river.gif

• Cool 3

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you have to be aggressive as the other team let you.      I have no problem pushing to enemy's back if opportunity exist.    but if you see heavy presence, it is time to do a fighting retreat.  

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,493 battles
1 minute ago, EpicFlails said:

I love being agressive in a BB until I look around and the cruisers pulled a U turn and left me to sink.

Well as I cruiser only time in a push I pull a u-turn is when I'm pushing then suddenly I'm down 50-75% of my health. Yeah time to pull back.

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,453 posts
5,522 battles
1 hour ago, EpicFlails said:

I love being agressive in a BB until I look around and the cruisers pulled a U turn and left me to sink.

It's not just the cruisers that bail on you too.  I've seen other BB's and DD's do it at the first sign of trouble. Gotta hang in there and make an impact. 

Beta Testers
1,020 posts
2,605 battles
8 minutes ago, UrPeaceKeeper said:

It's not just the cruisers that bail on you too.  I've seen other BB's and DD's do it at the first sign of trouble. Gotta hang in there and make an impact. 

Honestly you being there pushing with a BB will anchor the push, atleast in my experience. When they ditch you though... find an island and just reverse till they stop poking you. 

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles

Yeeeaaa that's typical pure fiction we see from uniscum deliberately spamming misinformation right there.

You can NOT push in a BB, if there are 1. DDs around, 2.. sky cancer around, 3. if you are outnumbered, and 4. most importantly, if you cannot count on your team. This is why BB drivers are forced to hold back the vast majority of the time. Hells, look at my current WT rating - not one bloody win yesterday, but my WTR is high uniscum (1397 for that day at the time of this writing). Why? Cause i was doing ALL i could, dishing damage and kills where ever i could, capping when possible, and still getting either deleted by OP DDs, deleted by sky cancer, deleted by HE, and let down by total team collapse.  When you get literally ten straight losses in a row with that Okt Rev Russian BB, despite each and every battle farming well more than your own HP, yeeeaaa the fault aint yours, period.

• Cool 1

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Excellent video.  Should be required viewing before you are allowed to take a BB out.  Sadly about 25% of BB captains play like this.  +1.

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
1 minute ago, Aeries1 said:

Excellent video.  Should be required viewing before you are allowed to take a BB out.  Sadly about 25% of BB captains play like this.  +1.

Comment discounted for uniscum status.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
15 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Yeeeaaa that's typical pure fiction we see from uniscum deliberately spamming misinformation right there.

You can NOT push in a BB, if there are 1. DDs around, 2.. sky cancer around, 3. if you are outnumbered, and 4. most importantly, if you cannot count on your team. This is why BB drivers are forced to hold back the vast majority of the time. Hells, look at my current WT rating - not one bloody win yesterday, but my WTR is high uniscum (1397 for that day at the time of this writing). Why? Cause i was doing ALL i could, dishing damage and kills where ever i could, capping when possible, and still getting either deleted by OP DDs, deleted by sky cancer, deleted by HE, and let down by total team collapse.  When you get literally ten straight losses in a row with that Okt Rev Russian BB, despite each and every battle farming well more than your own HP, yeeeaaa the fault aint yours, period.

Umm, the video basically just proved your entire rant false.  3 DDs were around they were greatly outnumbered and only 2 were with him  not hiding.  It's the reason his stats look the way they do and yours are well, you know.  It's easier to blame everyone except the person behind the computer for their stats though.  Once you get past denial, then you can open your ears and learn to get better.  I did and am better for it.

And just to let you know 1394 isn't unicum, nor would 1 game at unicum make you one.

[FML]
Members
1,744 posts
10,099 battles
3 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Ah, he isnt unicum (purple), he's a blueberry.  Like me.  

Still, what he said isnt wrong.  

Being aware of your surroundings is important. But being passive means that the enemy dictates the terms.  It is a balance to strike, and people who do it well will succeed and win more, and those who do it badly will keep on losing. 

And the only consistent thing with all of your losses, is you.  It sounds like you need to avail yourself of LWM's Guide to Controlling Your Win Rate, and to take heed. 

Bon chance!

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
9 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Ah, he isnt unicum (purple), he's a blueberry.  Like me.  

Still, what he said isnt wrong.  

Being aware of your surroundings is important. But being passive means that the enemy dictates the terms.  It is a balance to strike, and people who do it well will succeed and win more, and those who do it badly will keep on losing. 

And the only consistent thing with all of your losses, is you.  It sounds like you need to avail yourself of LWM's Guide to Controlling Your Win Rate, and to take heed. 

Bon chance!

Yes but that's the entire problem right now for BBs especially. SitAwareness don't mean crap if you are AWARE your DDs are donkeying, you are AWARE that BBs and the rest are YOLOing, you are AWARE that your own sky cancer isn't scouting or keeping cloaking DDs lit to be killed, being aware of all that don't mean squat if your team fails to do what needs doing. 

Sad simple fact is, you can play your best games evar or just sit back and do squat - if yer in a BB or most cruisers, it wont make any difference, especially if one team has heavy DD presence or sky cancer.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,093 posts
6,832 battles

I don't always follow advice, but when I do, it's not from purples!  Stay yellow my friends!!

• Cool 5

[FML]
Members
1,744 posts
10,099 battles
3 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Yes but that's the entire problem right now for BBs especially. SitAwareness don't mean crap if you are AWARE your DDs are donkeying, you are AWARE that BBs and the rest are YOLOing, you are AWARE that your own sky cancer isn't scouting or keeping cloaking DDs lit to be killed, being aware of all that don't mean squat if your team fails to do what needs doing. 

Sad simple fact is, you can play your best games evar or just sit back and do squat - if yer in a BB or most cruisers, it wont make any difference, especially if one team has heavy DD presence or sky cancer.

So, the key difference between good players and everyone is, is that good players:

• Accept that they make mistakes; 
  • Accept that they can do better; and
  • Accept that their team isnt going to help deliver a win.  Instead, you have to carry them yourself.

Until such a time as you also accept that the problem is with you, you will continue to be an average or below-average player. 

Write to me when you want to improve, I'm happy to help.  

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
8 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

So, the key difference between good players and everyone is, is that good players:

• Accept that their team isnt going to help deliver a win.  Instead, you have to carry them yourself.

Until such a time as you also accept that the problem is with you, you will continue to be an average or below-average player. 

And there it is. Uniscum arrogance. "Hurr Durr I do well why cant you durrrr"

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
337 posts
6,635 battles
3 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Is this what is called ignorance on display?

• Cool 2

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
3 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

Is this what is called ignorance on display?

Its called 'exposing it for what it is'.

• Cool 2

[-VT-]
Members
337 posts
6,635 battles

*Reads post again*, nope, only thing I could construe as being arrogant is second to last sentence, everything else seems spot on.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,744 posts
10,099 battles
41 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

I'd like to think it was more of a "I do well, and if I can then you can too.  Let me help you, if you want to take the first step."

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
4 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

It's almost like farming damage doesn't lead to wins. Hmmmmmmmmm.

There is probably a lesson in there somewhere. Play the objectives.  That doesn't mean sit in them in a BB, but it does mean take a forward position and maneuver to get angles on the enemy CA and BB that are threatening your CA and DD.

Typical Dunning Kruger BB player. "I did more than my health and died last so I'll good huuurrrr duuurrrrrrrr. Omg will a DD please smoke me and empty my drool cup".

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,453 posts
5,522 battles
6 hours ago, Menemy said:

Honestly you being there pushing with a BB will anchor the push, atleast in my experience. When they ditch you though... find an island and just reverse till they stop poking you. 

It depends.  Sometimes you get lucky with getting support, other times you get unlucky and it comes too late.  In the former case, you tend to steamroll the enemy team pretty hard.  In the latter case, you just have to hope you can make enough of a dent to influence the game for your team's support.  That's part of the reason why I like the lower tier USN BB's.  When you go somewhere, you are most definitely a thorn in the side of an enemy that they can't remove easily.  The problem is getting there! :)  At the high tiers, it's a little more difficult, but not impossible!

1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Absolutely.  Not to force my own real life goals on people, but one of the best things I did in life was to strive to learn something new every day.  It doesn't matter if it seems entirely useless to what you are doing in life, but what I've found is it means I spend a lot of time focusing on getting better myself.  Teaching others (the premise of my YT channel) has helped flesh out some of my ideas and things I've learned and I think for the most part it has helped people learn!

• Cool 2

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles
5 hours ago, DemonGod3 said:

*Reads post again*, nope, only thing I could construe as being arrogant is second to last sentence, everything else seems spot on.

Its not even arrogant though...

It is a legitimate analysis of the mentality, and the consequences it has on performance.

[4HIM]
Members
1,790 posts
4,030 battles
12 hours ago, EpicFlails said:

Yep. I enjoy playing BB's, but almost every time I go with a group of DD's and CA's that are pushing, the moment any opposition shows up they turn tail and run.  Then I get focused and sunk.  Don't know how many times the appearance of one DD has caused 1 friendly DD and 3 CA's to turn tail and go hide behind an island. 

This all said in the context that I do realize I'm basically a potato that is striving to get out of the ground. 

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

Sign in to follow this