You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

When 2 of your team sink to an AFK BB

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles

We lost 2 ships to an AFK BB.  We still won despite that buffoonery.

I saw our New Mexico with very, very low HP charging the AFK New Mexico.  He had about 1.2k HP left.  I had warned him earlier about secondaries.

KDUGFL2.jpg

Here is our NM closing with the AFK NM and is losing that fight due to secondaries.

U9CkTU9.jpg

We still win but it was a fairly close one in the end.

2hJk4CB.jpg

And of course, proof that the same AFK New Mexico got 2 of our team members.

w7r4HSw.jpg

• Cool 4

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

Ive never thought about an AFK secondaries, maybe they were attempting to get there secondaries to sink them to get the reward

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
21 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Ive never thought about an AFK secondaries, maybe they were attempting to get there secondaries to sink them to get the reward

Our NM was down to 1.2k HP after me and a NY helped him against a Bayern.  That should have been warning enough to keep distance from finishing that AFK NM, I even warned about it in chat.  But NOOooooo.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles

To top it off guys, these are USN BB secondaries we're talking about, the worst BB secondaries in the game.  And we lost 2 guys to an AFK BB using USN secondaries.

[PVE]
Members
1,603 posts
6,757 battles
40 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

That's sad, but have to admit, I too never gave it a second thought....that is some funny stuff, getting sunk by AFK secondary's, lol

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
16 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Best secondary kill I got was off my Bogue, killed a DD.  That was satisfying.

For me a Kamikaze with Langley's secondaries.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

w7r4HSw.jpg

I don't think he was AFK, there is no secondary achievement. He may have been DC'd and only got back in time to nuke those two.

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts
34 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think he was AFK, there is no secondary achievement. He may have been DC'd and only got back in time to nuke those two.

Probably fires killed the ships hence no cqe. 

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,565 battles

There's two types of AFKs, one where the ship has loaded in, and the turrets have turned (this is a player away from keyboard, meaning that the player probably left to do somethings and left the PC on), and a game AFK (this is where your ship won't load in, internet crashes, and/or you raged quit and your ship is stuck in battle).

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We lost 2 ships to an AFK BB.

I thought I had seen everything when I saw a Nicholas die to an AFK Kongo secondary strike. He ranted, salt flowed, I laughed, good times.

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles

Did that New Mex get "Close Quarters Expert"? It'd be hilarious if he did. :Smile_playing:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
28 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Did that New Mex get "Close Quarters Expert"? It'd be hilarious if he did. :Smile_playing:

No he didn't, fires must have gotten the two victims.  It's still sad regardless.

You can tell he was close enough since he shot down the BBs' catapult aircraft while AFK-Killing those Non-AFK guys.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,085 posts
14,482 battles
1 hour ago, Wowzery said:

Best secondary kill I got was off my Bogue, killed a DD.  That was satisfying.

I want to share this old reply I had from 2016.  Femmenenly rolled up across the map with 0 planes left, got into secondaries range of our CVs, and wrecked their faces, all while dodging bombers, etc. along the way.

On 9/15/2016 at 0:04 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Side but funny fact:  RJ has Secondaries, Independence doesn't.  We lost this match.  The enemy RJ player rushed the cap, dodging and shooting down bombers, and got into a knife fight with our Independence who found out his ship didn't have Secondaries.  The Arizona?  Both of our CVs completely ignored this ship that is notorious for a lack of AA when she was spotted wayyy in the Southeast of the map.  She made it into brawling range without being attacked until it was way too late.

7JCF3Xe.jpg

I PM'ed the RJ player after the match to congradulate him on his Manly Move.

It's still one of the most amazing CV displays I've seen, even at the cost of my team losing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Probably fires killed the ships hence no cqe. 

That is a possibility to but I feel that it happening twice in relatively close succession is not good.