You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shipwreck01_1

gamestop prepaid card

17 comments in this topic

[SWBH]
Members
272 posts
9,709 battles

i bought a $20.00 dollar gamestop prepaid card and when i entered the code i find out i have to get doubloons for the card. i wanted to buy the hood ultimate upgrade bundle.now im stuck with unwanted doubloons.if i had known that i would have bought a prepaid credit card.

can i get a refund or the hood ultimate upgradebundle( which i bought it for in the first place) i wanted instead of unwanted doubloons? if not ill not buy another thing from WG. Ive bought 8 premium ships since feb.

Edited by Shipwreck01_1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

Unfortunately for you that is the only use for Gamestop cards. You should have researched that better.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
Just now, Shipwreck01_1 said:

or allow us to use doubloons in premium shop

Doubloons are for use in the game so while you can't buy exactly what you want you could buy it from the tech tree for doubloons.

[SWBH]
Members
272 posts
9,709 battles

i wanted the hood ultimate upgrade bundle now i cant get it because i spent my money for a gamestop prepaid ripoff card

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

Find out if you can return it as long was you didn't use any of the Doubloons, explain that you thought you could buy the ship in the store, and buy the ultimate with another method such as PayPal.

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

BTW, you will not get any response from Support in the forums.  The only way to contact them is through a ticket.

Also, you must not have spent any of the gold...

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/767

What Are Exceptions And How Do They Work?

We understand that sometimes you may regret a decision or make a mistake when you're playing. While we can't reverse incidents in battle, we can certainly assist you with actions made in your Port. We have introduced a new policy in order to better assist players with mistakes made throughout the year.

Players now have the ability to use 4 Exceptions per year in order to potentially roll back an unfortunate decision or a mistake made in the Port. The Exceptions given to players will replenish each year, on January 1st. Once a new year starts, an Exception can only be applied to actions made in the current calendar year, except for ship restores. For example, in 2016 a player could use an exception to reverse a Gold to credit conversion made in 2016 (but not 2015), or they could use an exception to restore a ship they sold in 2015 (or they could use two exceptions to do both!).

[SWBH]
Members
272 posts
9,709 battles

i havnt used any doubloons  sent a ticket hope i can get the bundle i want but of not i guess ill find a way to use doubloons and next time get a prepaid credit card  

[SWBH]
Members
272 posts
9,709 battles

i do think they need to make folks aware of the fact that prepaid gamestop cards can only be used for doubloons. kinda sucks to but one and put code in thinking you could use it in store only to find out its only for doubloons kinda misleading when you buy one

[SWBH]
Members
272 posts
9,709 battles

its a bundle that is upgrade for the hood that i already have.gives me some doubloons some silver a couple days premium and a mission to get hood flag no scam just thought it would go nice with my hood

Edited by Shipwreck01_1

[SWBH]
Members
272 posts
9,709 battles

this is the [edited] line they give once they have your money. it says bend over here it comes.

Thank you for contacting Wargaming support.

We are sorry to learn thatyou bought a World of Warships roll out card not knowing it will only give you Doubloons in game.

However, we do nto have the feature of refunding such cards. Once these cards are activated, we cannot re-deactivate the code and remove the Doubloons from your account.

We also have no access in communicating with GameStop for the refund you are requesting.

We hope this clears your inquiry.

Please feel free to visit this link for any further inquiries you may have:Frequently