You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Filthy_Pelican

Any News on next Ranked Season

5 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
442 posts
18,773 battles

Hey does anyone have news on when the new ranked season will start and what tier ships it will be??? Thank you for an information and have a great weekend .

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

Next year. Clan Battles will be running for the next 3 patches instead.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of format they will be using this time in ranked.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,524 posts
7,580 battles
13 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Next year. Clan Battles will be running for the next 3 patches instead.

This. They’ve announced they’ve pushed back ranked until sometime next year to put their focus on clan battles. Ranked won’t start until after the first season of clan battles has ended.

[PROJX]
Members
976 posts
15,772 battles
1 hour ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Hey does anyone have news on when the new ranked season will start and what tier ships it will be??? Thank you for an information and have a great weekend .

As per the previous posters - will look for Ranked in 2018.

As for what tier - my money is on T8 for two reasons:

• The previous 2 seasons of Ranked were at T7 & T6 (most recent) - Historically, ranked has ranged from T5 (only for Rank 15+ play and for those who reached Rank 1 in one of the Ranked seasons) to T8.   This leads me to believe that T8 is the more likely tier.

• WG has provided a "tell" in it's promos prior to the Ranked seasons for the year.   In Dec 2016 - the Santa's Convoys missions were presented as a adjunct to the Graf Spee missions.  In it you could earn up to 5 special cammo'd T6 ships which encouraged players to get a set of T6 ships in their port and the Spee itself was a T6.   T6 was the next as yet undetermined Ranked season (and followed a T8, T7 sequence for ranked - at the time of the Santa's Convoy Misison, my recollection is that it was already known that the Ranked season following T8 was already T7 so T6 was the follow-on).   The recent WG Anniversary Cammo missions all were for a group of T8 ships including a BB, CL/CA & DD.  This may be analogous to the incentive for the free T6 ships in that WG is incentivizing players to get their T8s to run the Cammos on, thus covertly preparing them for the next ranked season.  This could, however, also be interpreted as positioning players for the Clan Wars season - i.e. if you don't have a T10 and need to rent one, you need to have played a T8 ship to unlock the rental.

Then again, WG could try something completely new and, if the Clan Wars T10 rental model is successful, may open up the Ranked Tiers to T9 & T10 as well...

Edited by hangglide42