Sign in to follow this  
JohnPJones

Favorite ship from the days steam and iron clads

10 comments in this topic

Members
2,823 posts
6,734 battles
4 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

That era of warships was always one of my favorites.

So which ship or class is your favorite?

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,011 battles

US Civil War ironclads. Always interesting the reasons the North and South went in different design directions.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,011 battles

Well it may be a broad statement but I guess if you want me to be specific probably the Monitor class because of the radical innovations. And then the South having to deal with shortages in every material and using a sloped wooden casing covered with iron. Raising hulks and outfitting them. Using what resources they had available.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,668 posts
2,114 battles

I always thought the Caio Duilio class was very cool, almost a forerunner to the fast battleship concept. The most firepower you could pack on the fastest platform. Of course, back then (1880s) it was stubby 450mm guns and a 15 knot to speed... it was also a really early example of the 'all or nothing' concept at work. The armament, however, was uniform (2x2 450mm guns, plus torpedo tubes). 

Members
2,823 posts
6,734 battles
On 10/19/2017 at 5:57 PM, Phoenix_jz said:

I always thought the Caio Duilio class was very cool, almost a forerunner to the fast battleship concept. The most firepower you could pack on the fastest platform. Of course, back then (1880s) it was stubby 450mm guns and a 15 knot to speed... it was also a really early example of the 'all or nothing' concept at work. The armament, however, was uniform (2x2 450mm guns, plus torpedo tubes). 

Interesting ship, it’s sometimes hard to find information on foreign ships from that time frame.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this