Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

What is your go-to ship?

38 comments in this topic

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
688 posts
8,829 battles
4 hours ago, dmckay said:

Do you prefer shooting mostly HE with Boygatyr? You find HE most effective? 

I use HE almost exclusively with the Booger.  AP just isn't for this ship.  I've found that in a lot of circumstances you can easily citadel the British cruisers.  I've often found myself being one of the last alive.  As a test I ran IFHE for quite some time.  I was looking for better performance against BB's.  I don't feel like the trade-off I was getting due to the reduction in fire chance was worth it.  If you're a decent player and have half your health left near the end, you can easily take down a full health BB.  Just make sure you don't close and that you engage him at range.  By the end of the match you'll have won and maybe lose a couple of karma points. :cap_rambo:

Members
4,714 posts
7,301 battles
43 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

I use HE almost exclusively with the Booger.  AP just isn't for this ship.  I've found that in a lot of circumstances you can easily citadel the British cruisers.  I've often found myself being one of the last alive.  As a test I ran IFHE for quite some time.  I was looking for better performance against BB's.  I don't feel like the trade-off I was getting due to the reduction in fire chance was worth it.  If you're a decent player and have half your health left near the end, you can easily take down a full health BB.  Just make sure you don't close and that you engage him at range.  By the end of the match you'll have won and maybe lose a couple of karma points. :cap_rambo:

tKS

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,955 posts
9,222 battles

Partially depends how angry I've gotten and what the issue has been but basically -

BB - Scharn, Warspite, Arizona, maybe Mutsu

Cruiser - Iwaki Alpha, Budyonny, Graf Spee

DD - Kaze clones, Shino, Akat and Hat - I may struggle to get the win in Kaze/shino..... but the damage in all but the worst game is worth it (Insert Mandarin "you'll never see me coming" from Ironman 3 here)

CV - Independence, Kaga, full troll Saipan.

Suffice to say, if I'm in Saipan, I've basically hit my breaking point on something and my goal is to basically make the other team miserable as I am. Or I have a mission and deem it best at completing it, though, usually the former. Otherwise I keep it shelved because it's OP.

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles

While i really like udaloi. If i am having one of those days, I fall back to kahbarovsk.

I know how to play the ship extremely well. I am guaranteed to be top tier, and the ship is (contrary to popular belief) extremely flexible. I can take it wherever on the map I need it, to do just about anything I need it to (yes, including early game flag caps).  

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,128 posts
3,664 battles

The other thing I really like with the St. Louis is you can stay in sniper mode and be turning the ship every which way you can and there's always a gun pointing on target.  That same effect is also useful when you have to suddenly switch targets and the new one is on the opposite side of the ship.  It takes maybe 2 or 3 seconds at most and there's at least a few guns aimed on the new target, so you hardly ever have to cease fire and wait for the guns to turn to get on target.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 hour ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Emile Bertin, Dunkerque, Nelson and Henri IV. 

Yea, I see you in Emile Bertin a lot. I've seen you in Dunkerque too though.

[SPTR]
Members
26,443 posts
11,788 battles
17 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Yea, I see you in Emile Bertin a lot. I've seen you in Dunkerque too though.

Yeah I run it recently becaulse clan divvies doing the october revolution missions or helping my returning new comer friend grind out their Kongo.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,806 posts
5,075 battles

Belfast, Graf Spee, and against all odds...  Well I'm doing really well with the Mahan when I'm not putzing around in the October Revolution. 

Mahan and I just click for some reason, averaging just shy of 53k damage after a miniscule 13 battles :cap_rambo:

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,495 posts
2,090 battles
On 10/13/2017 at 4:29 PM, Chobittsu said:

Ok, this made me lol hard :Smile_teethhappy: :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this