Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

What is your go-to ship?

38 comments in this topic

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles

Off today.  Bored. Just curious.  What ship do you play after 100 frustrating loses to try and get back on the winning track?  I have kept the U.S. St Louis. Old dependable for me. I am not so hot but have maintained a 54/55% win rate with her over past 2 years.....and that is good for me.  Fire breathing monster. I got her play style down pat.  I will even attack BBs with her if they are alone in that tier 3 tank and sink em.  Quite often actually.  Your go-to ship?  If it's feasible I may just get what you got if I don't have to pay for it.  Cheap old fart here!  Had a bad night last night.  I have seen threads like this but here's another cause things do change over time in this here game. :Smile_honoring: Tks

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

I'm a destroyer main so the Sims or the Clemson always makes me feel really good even though I'm not

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,985 battles
28 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Off today.  Bored. Just curious.  What ship do you play after 100 frustrating loses to try and get back on the winning track?  I have kept the U.S. St Louis. Old dependable for me. I am not so hot but have maintained a 54/55% win rate with her over past 2 years.....and that is good for me.  Fire breathing monster. I got her play style down pat.  I will even attack BBs with her if they are alone in that tier 3 tank and sink em.  Quite often actually.  Your go-to ship?  If it's feasible I may just get what you got if I don't have to pay for it.  Cheap old fart here!  Had a bad night last night.  I have seen threads like this but here's another cause things do change over time in this here game. :Smile_honoring: Tks

Too funny.  I actually sold my STL after acquiring the Bogatyr.  It's like the STL on steroids.  I think I actually made the list of players on warships.today with my Booger and [edited].  Oops, they actually edited my short name for my S-l-u-t.  All these fragile sensitivities.

[O_O]
Members
4,421 posts
9,575 battles

Clemson, Kamikaze R, Arizona, Benson, Akizuki, 155 Mogami.

[JFSOC]
Members
934 posts
2,823 battles

St. Louis.  Mine consistently scores very well, game after game.  I know some people like the Bogatyr, but I found for my style of play its shorter gun range and slightly slower rate of fire isn't equal to the St. Louis.  I can stand off and pound a Bogatyr who really has little option but to try and close while avoiding return fire.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,236 posts
12,772 battles
11 minutes ago, Murotsu said:

shorter gun range

Bogatyr has better gun range than St Louis once fully upgraded and with an AFT captain.

VfQv4As.jpg

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Scharnhorst. She's always a relaxing boat to play.

[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,302 battles

I still love my little murder-boat, the Isokaze. Yeah, her torps were nerfed, but I can still get a good 3-5 kills a match with her. It does feel like seal-clubbing, so I don't take her out much anymore. Although, she's closest to my first 19 point captain. 

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
1 hour ago, Viper069 said:

Too funny.  I actually sold my STL after acquiring the Bogatyr.  It's like the STL on steroids.  I think I actually made the list of players on warships.today with my Booger and [edited].  Oops, they actually edited my short name for my S-l-u-t.  All these fragile sensitivities.

I got Bogatyr also.  Great ship.  I was way over 50% in her for quite awhile but have dropped lately and not sure why.  Think I am around 50% in her now last time I looked. I think it's the teams I have got with her lately.  Yes! My guiding rule is to blame the teams you get.  It's good for your mental health.  That way you don't have to look in the mirror. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Bogatyr has better gun range than St Louis once fully upgraded and with an AFT captain.

VfQv4As.jpg

I am working on getting that gun range upgrade on mine and when I do look out!  I salivate just thinking about it.  She will have damn near the longest range of any ship in her tier and I do believe she is #1 or #2 in her tier at this time in win %.

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Tenryu with 65% WR over 300+ matches.  

Had her.  Want her back.  Good ship.

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
2 hours ago, Murotsu said:

St. Louis.  Mine consistently scores very well, game after game.  I know some people like the Bogatyr, but I found for my style of play its shorter gun range and slightly slower rate of fire isn't equal to the St. Louis.  I can stand off and pound a Bogatyr who really has little option but to try and close while avoiding return fire.

Yes.  Her consistency. Played right she is consistently a monster. You really have to work at it NOT to do a lotta damage and killing with her.  I also like the fact that she is a very hard cruiser to kill.  Damn near like a BB at that tier.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,985 battles
20 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I am working on getting that gun range upgrade on mine and when I do look out!  I salivate just thinking about it.  She will have damn near the longest range of any ship in her tier and I do believe she is #1 or #2 in her tier at this time in win %.

Got mine all tricked out.  I try to run it at least once every time I play, to knock the dbl's off.  I've had more than a few games where I've broken six figures worth of damage in her.  Not too shabby for a T3 CA.  If I haven't suffered too much damage you can easily burn down a full health BB.

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles
5 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

Got mine all tricked out.  I try to run it at least once every time I play, to knock the dbl's off.  I've had more than a few games where I've broken six figures worth of damage in her.  Not too shabby for a T3 CA.  If I haven't suffered too much damage you can easily burn down a full health BB.

Do you prefer shooting mostly HE with Boygatyr? You find HE most effective? 

Edited by dmckay

Sign in to follow this